Dont Be Surprised To See Stevie Sign With...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they pay through the nose for anyone. Beli-genius has a way of turning any street free agent into a pro bowler. If Welker wants too much, they'll find someone else. Actually Julian Edelmann has already filled the Welker role when he was injured.

PTR

That's bullsch**t, PTR. edelman was a pale imitation of Welker -- nowhere near as good. Brady's numbers weren't as good, and there's a reason that Edelman is essentially on the bench. And yes, i watched the games.

who are we punishing if we let stevie walk? It wont come to that. we will sign him. we will use his immaturity as leverage. We should make some additions at the position hopefully an early draft pick. and a real FA signing. Stevie will straighten up when he is not the #1 and is outperformed. This method in my opinion will make him a better player or he will pout. one or the other.

Maybe tag him is the best bet and see how he responds next year. When Chan and Fitz alluded to that he is our best receiver, that was not a good message to send the kid.

Are you trying to justify that those penalties are ok?

Obviously not what you want, but they will always be part of the game. Celebrations are a lot easier to control than making sure your hand is perfectly placed at full speed or getting the snap count right at 120 decibels.

I'm thinking San Francisco signs him. His home town. They need a WR. Crabtree and Johnson would be a nice pairing, with Ginn (If he's not a free agent) stretching the D plus Vernon Davis.

If the Bills are dumb enough to let Stevie get away....I agree wholeheartedly.....If that comes to fruition so much for the stated philosophy of spending $$ own your own good players (per Buddy Nix). That would really suck....especially seeing him go against the Bills next season.....Hope it never happens.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Not saying where he'll sign but in light of the fact that the Jets would have to eat $12.5 million to rid themselves of Holmes and the team's meltdown at season's end, I'm doubtful that the Jets would be interested in signing a player who has accumulated a score of excessive celebration penalties. JMO.

I think seeing as Stevie was born in San Francisco, that it would be more likely for him to land in San Francisco as a much-needed weapon in their passing attack… one of the final pieces to a championship team.

It's early, but nothing to say San Fran doesn't have a championship team right now!! I get your point, and I'm not picking at your post b/c it's obvious the 49ers could use another level of talent at WR across from Crabtree and it would be a great "get" for them dramatically improving their offense immediately....BUT, they did have the 2nd best record in the NFC this year with an incredible Defense and very solid Offense, without Stevie...

If the Bills are dumb enough to let Stevie get away....I agree wholeheartedly.....If that comes to fruition so much for the stated philosophy of spending $$ own your own good players (per Buddy Nix). That would really suck....especially seeing him go against the Bills next season.....Hope it never happens.

Hate to break it to you but he's not buddy or chans player. They may like him, but they didn't choose him and might not fit what they want long term. The only evaluation we really have of Stevie from this regime is that hes the best WR on the roster. We will see how far that goes.

I think he was just pointing out that only a moron would try to equate a holding penalty to a celebration penalty.

Gee I love the name calling that goes around on this forum.

Did I say a holding penalty = a celebrations penalty? Nope, don't think I did. I was talking about how players and the penalties they commit effect the team. All penalties, no matter how or why they are commited. And it's wrong to excise some players because it "happened during the game." Which btw, doesn't exactly make sense, because the game was still being played when Stevie was penalised.

My point was that penalties come from all sorts of players. They can be careless(holding, false start) or stupidity(personal foul). Guess what? They all effect the out come of a game.

He already got away. He is a free agent.

You sign players the offseason before they become free agents.

Gee I love the name calling that goes around on this forum.

Did I say a holding penalty = a celebrations penalty? Nope, don't think I did. I was talking about how players and the penalties they commit effect the team. All penalties, no matter how or why they are commited. And it's wrong to excise some players because it "happened during the game." Which btw, doesn't exactly make sense, because the game was still being played when Stevie was penalised.

My point was that penalties come from all sorts of players. They can be careless(holding, false start) or stupidity(personal foul). Guess what? They all effect the out come of a game.

Yes, all penalties hurt a team. But you seem to be arguing that the occasional celebration penalty is acceptable. Even though a celebration penalty is the most easily avoided...just...don't....celebrate!

Even though most celebration penalties are not that harmful, they are a result of players who want to draw attention to themselves, rather than do what is best for their teams. And if you have a player who STILL gets a penalty after your coach lays down a rule, you have to wonder if that guy deserves a fat raise from your team.

For the life of new I don't know why that isn't obvious.

PTR

No. Just that those penalties don't come from selfish behavior. Are you saying putting yourself before your team is okay?

PTR

He celebrated a TD, that he didn't think he was going to get penalised for. Just like you celebrate when the bills score. Hell everyone in the stadium celebrates when their own team scores, but the guy who scored can't?

They celebrate over here when someone scores a goal in football. They run around, slide and take their jerseys off. Doesn't seem to effect the game one bit. Aaron Rodgers does the belt move. Clay Matthews does the predator. They are revered for it! They got commercials. Are they selfish? I would guess you would say no.

Point is: Scoring is exciting. Football is entertainment. That doesn't make Stevie Johnson selfish.

Anyways... I'm done hijacking this thread.