Who Thinks Denver Can Beat Pittsburgh This Week?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta wonder how much the absence of Steelers' starting FS Ryan Clark (who has sickle cell trait) affected the outcome? I didn't think they needed him before the game, but afterwards, it looks like they definitely missed him.

Rarely are players needed before the game, unless he doubles as the team bus driver.

Come on, what team in the playoffs are 100%?

Rarely are players needed before the game, unless he doubles as the team bus driver.

Come on, what team in the playoffs are 100%?

If he had been injured, I'd agree. Missing the game because of sickle cell trait? That's a new type of "home field advantage."

If he had been injured, I'd agree. Missing the game because of sickle cell trait? That's a new type of "home field advantage."

Then as Bills fans are found of saying "we need more depth". Starter out? Plug in a capable replacment. And if what I read is true ANYBODY in the secondary is a capable replacment against Tebow.

Then as Bills fans are found of saying "we need more depth". Starter out? Plug in a capable replacment. And if what I read is true ANYBODY in the secondary is a capable replacment against Tebow.

That should have been true, the way he's been playing the past month, and given the Steelers' 1st ranked passing defense. So the loss of Clark must have been a lot bigger than anyone thought.

How gracious of you. Tebow was awesome today. Made the #1, yes the #1 pass defense look like Cincinnati in the sugar bowl. But there's always next week......and its amazing that your hatred for one player is enough to make you fan of the Patriots.

This has got to be KILLING YOU.....KILLING YOU I SAY, KILLING YOU.

Hey, where Reamius.

Am i supposed to give props to tim tebow for finally doing something 31 other starting QBs can do (hitting wide open WRs)? His throw on 3rd and 8 late in regulation (when he one-hopped an open WR) told me all i need to know about his QB abilities (or lack thereof).

Am i supposed to give props to tim tebow for finally doing something 31 other starting QBs can do (hitting wide open WRs)? His throw on 3rd and 8 late in regulation (when he one-hopped an open WR) told me all i need to know about his QB abilities (or lack thereof).

Idk........Fitz has missed plenty of wide open wrs this yr.....

why hate on the man......he won......something a bills qb can't do apparently.

The Steelers have not really played consistently all year. They put up a lot of stinkers all year especially on the offensive side of the ball. I thought Denver matched up so well that I couldn't believe the odds Vegas was paying out earlier in the week. Like I said earlier in this thread, Denver REVELS in these types of games because they could keep the scoring down. When I heard on the radio that Vegas was giving 10-1 odds early in the week from Colin Cowherd I thought that was REALLY high.

I don't think the outcome has anything to do with injuries. They out coached the Steelers. DENVER FINALLY OPENED UP THE PLAYBOOK FOR THIS GUY. Steelers thought Tebow couldn't make the throws, they adjusting their offensive gameplan and HE DID! Denver completely adjusted their strategy with a quick passing game and mixing it in with the deep passing game because the safteys where playing little over the DB. The Steelers where crowding the box with man to man coverage on the outside. The safeties where playing VERY AGGRESSIVE in the run game.

Next week against New England might be a different story for Denver however.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

bwahaha....how about giving him credit for posting the highest playoff QBR (whether you think it is a valid measure or not) since they started evaluating it.....one of only three QBs in HISTORY to throw for 300 yards score 3 tds and have no interceptions in a playoff game. Set the record for the longest TD in an overtime game and the shortest overtime game in history. All done against the #1 passing defense in the league....

oh wait....waaaaa, they steelers had injuries....waaaaaa....ben was hurt.....waaaaaa....whatever.

How about acknowledging that as always, the refs did everything they could to help the steelers.

I am laughing at your latest slights to a QB who in his 15th start in the NFL just put up the highest per pass average ever.

bwahaha....how about giving him credit for posting the highest playoff QBR (whether you think it is a valid measure or not) since they started evaluating it.....one of only three QBs in HISTORY to throw for 300 yards score 3 tds and have no interceptions in a playoff game. Set the record for the longest TD in an overtime game and the shortest overtime game in history. All done against the #1 passing defense in the league....

oh wait....waaaaa, they steelers had injuries....waaaaaa....ben was hurt.....waaaaaa....whatever.

How about acknowledging that as always, the refs did everything they could to help the steelers.

I am laughing at your latest slights to a QB who in his 15th start in the NFL just put up the highest per pass average ever.

It easily the best game of his career. But the question is, is it a sign of things to come or was it mostly luck? Time will tell.

It easily the best game of his career. But the question is, is it a sign of things to come or was it mostly luck? Time will tell.

The one thing that is a given with Tebow and his unorthodox style of play is that he is a maximum effort player. No one is going to outwork him. There is no doubt that with his work ethic and another offseason he will improve as a passer. Will it be good enough when teams adjust to his unique style? I can't say for sure.

There is an interesting comparison to be made with the Denver coaching staff compared to the Bills' staff, especially on defense. The OC for the Broncos adjusted his offense to suit Tebow's unique skills. In other words the OC put Tebow in the best situation that allows him to succeed. The DC for the Bills insisted for the most part on staying with a 3-4 defense that put Kelsay, Spencer Johnson and sometimes Carrington in space----a situation that accentuates their weakest attributes.

That game wasn't luck. The coaches finally let him throw the ball in 1st, 2nd and 3rd down situations all game and he succeded. I'll give him credit. He took shots down field and the coaches even added in a quick passing game.

He still needs to work on his accuracy though. That can be fixed with coaching and experience. Last game was only the 1st step to the evolution of what you can do with a Tim Tebow.

I bet in the offseason they really work on the passing game because this game showed how deadly it can become.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The one thing that is a given with Tebow and his unorthodox style of play is that he is a maximum effort player. No one is going to outwork him. There is no doubt that with his work ethic and another offseason he will improve as a passer. Will it be good enough when teams adjust to his unique style? I can't say for sure.

There is an interesting comparison to be made with the Denver coaching staff compared to the Bills' staff, especially on defense. The OC for the Broncos adjusted his offense to suit Tebow's unique skills. In other words the OC put Tebow in the best situation that allows him to succeed. The DC for the Bills insisted for the most part on staying with a 3-4 defense that put Kelsay, Spencer Johnson and sometimes Carrington in space----a situation that accentuates their weakest attributes.

True and I'd been calling for Edwards to be fired since the first month of the season.

That game wasn't luck. The coaches finally let him throw the ball in 1st, 2nd and 3rd down situations all game and he succeded. I'll give him credit. He took shots down field and the coaches even added in a quick passing game.

He still needs to work on his accuracy though. That can be fixed with coaching and experience. Last game was only the 1st step to the evolution of what you can do with a Tim Tebow.

I bet in the offseason they really work on the passing game because this game showed how deadly he can become.

As I said, we'll see. LeBeau thought that Tebow couldn't pass on them so he loaded the box and went man coverage. Big mistake. Likely one that won't be repeated anytime soon.