So, why no love for Fitz? How was 6-10 his fault?

Dr. Trooth

OK...Fitzty started out hot the first four games with a QB rating over 100 which, by season's end had plumeted to under 80. Why? Does he just flat out suck? Maybe? Maybe not! I won't try and BS anyone that Fitzy is franchise QB. He aint. But, his defense ain't worth a piece of pig turd. Not only that, from opening day to the end of the season, the offense lost 6 of 11 starters plus Roscoe Parish. What QB survives that? Especially in his first full season as a starter? So, he puts the team on his shoulders, and in doing so tries to do too much. Throws 23 picks... not all of which were his fault. And the 23 sacks allowed. That was more a credit to Fitzy getting rid of the ball quickly than it was the offensive line. Hell with a patchwork Oline, he was still making them look better than they really were.

So, why is anyone calling for his head? If the Bills offense were playing with a full deck most of the season, would you still be calling for his head? I doubt it, because the Bills would have been a wild card team despite the defense.

The offense did not let this team down, nor did Fitzy. The defense was the problem, and has been the problem for several years. Even with McGee, Kyle Williams, and Merriman in the lineup, the Bills never ranked higher than 28th.

So, why do we have fans calling for the Bills to draft a QB with the 10th pick? How many brain cells does one have to lose to come up with a gem like that. Do they think RGIII is the second coming of Cam Newton? Well, whooptie doo if he is. Last I checked Cam Newton and the Panthers were 6-10. What, no miracles from Cam? How come the 7th ranked QB with a defense ranked only two notches below the Bills didn't get his team to the playoffs? So, Cam had better numbers than Fitz. Did he lose 7 key players on his offense in doing so? No. Did he win more games than Fitz? No. Then, with those fanslogic, the Panthers should draft a QB with their first pick.

Yep... Bring Rogers, Roethlisberger, Brees, or whomever you want to be the Bills QB. This team still aint going to the playoffs with the 26th ranked defense and an offense as ravaged by injuries as the Bills were this season. But, let's still blame 6-10 on Fitzy. Brilliant, just brilliant.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 interceptions.

6 wins.

No excuses.

Too easy to blame the interceptions on Fitz. The receivers have to take their share of the blame.

With a better defense this team, with Fitz as QB is battling for a playoff spot.

Fitzpatrick is a helluva backup. Can't win the Super Bowl if you can't throw it deep. Really, it's as simple as that.

Don't get me wrong --- with a solid defense, I think Fitzpatrick could lead a team to the playoffs. But the big prize is a pipe dream.

Too easy to blame the interceptions on Fitz. The receivers have to take their share of the blame.

With a better defense this team, with Fitz as QB is battling for a playoff spot.

Your original was "If 6-10 his fault?". A QB gets the accolades when the team wins and takes the criticisms when his team loses. As the other poster mentioned, when you throw 23 INTs (whether the WRs were at fault or not), you are going to take some of that blame...Also as a leader, somehow that spark is missing of leading this team...He is too quiet to be a leader...How else can you explain a Stevie Johnson repeatedly costing the team games and yet Fitz is yet to say a word against Stevie...

To me, Fitz is not the problem...not always anyway.

The man played brilliantly in the 1st QTR of that Patriots game. An injury took away his only decent option at TE and the HC took away his best receiver.

So then hamstrung by losing his two top targets the HC just keeps calling empty backfield passing plays.

So Instead of running Spiller more he just kept calling for passes, knowing that the Patriots are now in constant nickel and dime packages because they have the lead.

To anyone who thinks Fitz is the problem. I just can't wait until this HC tries to replace him. It will need to be a super human Cam Newton clone who can run like the wind, because he will need to.

OK then...21 interceptions... no excuses

Fitzpatrick is a helluva backup. Can't win the Super Bowl if you can't throw it deep. Really, it's as simple as that.

Don't get me wrong --- with a solid defense, I think Fitzpatrick could lead a team to the playoffs. But the big prize is a pipe dream.

That is my biggest problem with Fitz is he can't throw over 15 yards accurately. Every other team you watch slinging balls down the field (how about back up QBs, Flynn, and the Pats guy). The short quick game which Fitz is good at was figured out and with Gailey's hatred to run the ball Fitz's arm has really been exposed.

It isn't all on Fitz, as offensive injuries really hurt. I really like the guy though with his work ethic and leadership, but in the end he just lacks the physical tools. A lot of people have been saying that about him for awhile and after watching the end of the season unfold I'm starting to jump on that wagon.

That being said, I'm also of the belief that Fitz would be fine with a more well rounded offense (ie use CJ and Fred more), better WRs (we only have one starting calibur WR), a reliable TE (Chandler could be it, but he seems injury prone), a more stable OL (more time for pass plays that don't need to be made in the first 2 seconds before he gets sacked) and a better defense on the other side of the ball.

So no, it's not *all* his fault. But frankly, if he was as good as we want him to be, we would have one a few more of our closer games. He's good enough to get the job done on a good team, he's not good enough to make a bad team average or playoff bound.

OK...Fitzty started out hot the first four games with a QB rating over 100 which, by season's end had plumeted to under 80. Why? Does he just flat out suck? Maybe? Maybe not! I won't try and BS anyone that Fitzy is franchise QB. He aint. But, his defense ain't worth a piece of pig turd. Not only that, from opening day to the end of the season, the offense lost 6 of 11 starters plus Roscoe Parish. What QB survives that? Especially in his first full season as a starter? So, he puts the team on his shoulders, and in doing so tries to do too much. Throws 23 picks... not all of which were his fault. And the 23 sacks allowed. That was more a credit to Fitzy getting rid of the ball quickly than it was the offensive line. Hell with a patchwork Oline, he was still making them look better than they really were.

So, why is anyone calling for his head? If the Bills offense were playing with a full deck most of the season, would you still be calling for his head? I doubt it, because the Bills would have been a wild card team despite the defense.

The offense did not let this team down, nor did Fitzy. The defense was the problem, and has been the problem for several years. Even with McGee, Kyle Williams, and Merriman in the lineup, the Bills never ranked higher than 28th.

So, why do we have fans calling for the Bills to draft a QB with the 10th pick? How many brain cells does one have to lose to come up with a gem like that. Do they think RGIII is the second coming of Cam Newton? Well, whooptie doo if he is. Last I checked Cam Newton and the Panthers were 6-10. What, no miracles from Cam? How come the 7th ranked QB with a defense ranked only two notches below the Bills didn't get his team to the playoffs? So, Cam had better numbers than Fitz. Did he lose 7 key players on his offense in doing so? No. Did he win more games than Fitz? No. Then, with those fanslogic, the Panthers should draft a QB with their first pick.

Yep... Bring Rogers, Roethlisberger, Brees, or whomever you want to be the Bills QB. This team still aint going to the playoffs with the 26th ranked defense and an offense as ravaged by injuries as the Bills were this season. But, let's still blame 6-10 on Fitzy. Brilliant, just brilliant.

I agree with this 100%

I would even argue that if we had two of our "lost" receivers healthy for the entire year (e.g., Jones, Easley, and/or Parrish), this would have been a playoff team.

Fitzpatrick' QB rating ranked 22nd out of 33 based on NFL stats. Those are average stats for a backup and well below average for a quality starter.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING

If a team has a mediocre QB,a mediocre head coach, and a below average coaching staff, you end up with about 6 wins if your lucky.

If your defense is ranked 29th out of 32 in points allowed then getting 6 wins is quite an accomplishment.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2011&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_SCORED

If you're happy with these facts then there's nothing more to say.

No team has been out of the playoffs longer than the Bills. The new Bills owner is the only one who can restore any dignity and pride to this franchise. The current owner is an abject failure.

Yep... Bring Rogers, Roethlisberger, Brees, or whomever you want to be the Bills QB. This team still aint going to the playoffs with the 26th ranked defense and an offense as ravaged by injuries as the Bills were this season.

I understand what you're getting at, but there is an ocean-span of difference between Fitz and the top tier of NFL QB's...And injuries or not, give me Rodgers, Brady, a healthy Manning, or Brees...and I'll take my chances any day... B-)

Your post is stupid.

Who has a brighter future the next 10 years, the Panthers or the Bills?

Why?

Cam Newton.

And if Cam Newton gets injured? They are sunk. You have better fortunes when you build a team than hoping for a savior at QB, not the other way around. See: Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Ravens, even the Pats. They are all teams that have changed QBs or dealt with QB injuries / suspensions and still found sustained success. They are well-run franchises that have good depth and deal well despite sustained injuries.

Fitzpatrick' QB rating ranked 22nd out of 33 based on NFL stats. Those are average stats for a backup and well below average for a quality starter.

He also finished 18th in the new QBR Rankings...Just behind Matt Moore and one spot ahead of Kyle Orton... :doh:

WHen you lead the league in INTs despite giving up very few sacks, its more than just "bad luck" and the receivers sharing the blame. He was terrible for most of the year.