Where do I get my Fitztragic t-shirt

Buftex

If they do get another QB, it will probably be a late-rounder at UDFA. I don't believe Chan is looking to start anybody but Fitz next year.

Then Chan will be going down with the ship, which is probably going to happen anyhow.

Then Chan will be going down with the ship, which is probably going to happen anyhow.

I think Chan knows what he has. he wants stability in that position, just like we want stability on the coaching staff. Fitz is his guy, Bringing in a new guy will set him back. Especially if a rookie busts on him. The situation on this team is not good. Man would RG3 look good in red whit and blue. But its not happening. I'd be happy to dump Thigpen, because that is one useless quarterback.

Was Brad Smith hurt today?

If Fitz is the QB next season, after 30 years of watching games...I might just watch the Lifetime Network

I was thinking the Oprah channel. Just hold onto your Bills stuff. In 20 years they'll be worth money when no nfl team dares to set up house in Buffalo.

Could be worse, they could bring Trent Edwards or JP Losman back! :rolleyes:

I would take cpt checkdown with his 5-10 yard accuracy over f$tzmoney's -5 to 3 yard throws which today were not very accurate as he threw one of his picks over there. Just remember when you look at ryan "throwing pick sixs" fitzpatrick, your looking at the franchise qb of the buffalo bills.

I think Chan knows what he has. he wants stability in that position, just like we want stability on the coaching staff. Fitz is his guy, Bringing in a new guy will set him back. Especially if a rookie busts on him. The situation on this team is not good. Man would RG3 look good in red whit and blue. But its not happening. I'd be happy to dump Thigpen, because that is one useless quarterback.

I've been thinking for a while that the second string QB next year will be an interesting situation. Maybe they should no longer call Smith a QB, so they have two extra QB slots to experiment with.

I doubt they will be in a position to draft one of the highly touted QBs, like RG3. And they won't trade up, not Nix's style.

Do they keep Thigpen and Smith? That would be terrible, and evidence that management is not serious about turning the ship around.

Do they bring in a late round or UDFA experiment and see if he is any good? What if the experimental guy is not very good, do they try again the next year with somebody else? In the meantime, they have Fitz, like it or not.

Do they go after somebody else's second stringer? Would that be an upgrade to Fitz? That's what Thigpen is. That would be expensive, so it is unlikely to happen.

If Fitz is the QB next season, after 30 years of watching games...I might just watch the Lifetime Network

Well, at least the movies they have a more predictable...

Woman gets mad at man because...

she was raped

her sister/daughter was raped

her sister/daughter was killed

Her daughter is on drugs

her husband/boyfriend abuses her

her sister/daughters husband/boyfriend abuses her

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289403/saturday-night-live-lifetime-game-show

I've been thinking for a while that the second string QB next year will be an interesting situation. Maybe they should no longer call Smith a QB, so they have two extra QB slots to experiment with.

I doubt they will be in a position to draft one of the highly touted QBs, like RG3. And they won't trade up, not Nix's style.

Do they keep Thigpen and Smith? That would be terrible, and evidence that management is not serious about turning the ship around.

Do they bring in a late round or UDFA experiment and see if he is any good? What if the experimental guy is not very good, do they try again the next year with somebody else? In the meantime, they have Fitz, like it or not.

Do they go after somebody else's second stringer? Would that be an upgrade to Fitz? That's what Thigpen is. That would be expensive, so it is unlikely to happen.

I didn't check but isn't thigpen making 3 million a year? Thats a lot of money for what he is. IMO he's a third string back up.

You have to wonder if he would even be in the NFL anymore if not for Chan. He must have a heck of an agent.

Where to find Fitzmagic shirts? You can find them in isle number 9 between the Charmin and Tampons.

Actually, read closer...I was looking for "Fitz-tragic" shirts! :P

I would take cpt checkdown with his 5-10 yard accuracy over f$tzmoney's -5 to 3 yard throws which today were not very accurate as he threw one of his picks over there. Just remember when you look at ryan "throwing pick sixs" fitzpatrick, your looking at the franchise qb of the buffalo bills.

I know you are emotional right now, but you don't really mean this. Capt. Checkdown was normally too scared to throw the ball...Fitz certainly has his problems, but being gutless isn't one of them. BTW- just call him "Ryan Picspatrick."

If they do get another QB, it will probably be a late-rounder at UDFA. I don't believe Chan is looking to start anybody but Fitz next year.

If he does that the only thing he needs to start is an updated resume for his next job! Great guy, good football mind but very hard headed. That trait had ticket holders at Georgia Tech calling for his head. He needs a quarterback one he can groom and who will generate ticket sales. If he doesn't he and Nix could be gone by the end of next season. I hope he has learned from his past coaching mistakes. I just don't see ticket sales jumping next year with out a possible young franchise quarter back on the roster next season. If Fitz gets hurt next season I don't see a back up plan in place. Franchise quarterback = ticket sales = job security in the NFL. Kind of simple when thing about it.

Edited by T.O.

If he does that the only thing he needs to start is an updated resume for his next job! Great guy, good football mind but very hard headed. That trait had ticket holders at Georgia Tech calling for his head. He needs a quarterback one he can groom and who will generate ticket sales. If he doesn't he and Nix could be gone by the end of next season. I hope he has learned from his past coaching mistakes. I just don't see ticket sales jumping next year with out a possible young franchise quarter back on the roster next season. If Fitz gets hurt next season I don't see a back up plan in place. Franchise quarterback = ticket sales = job security in the NFL. Kind of simple when thing about it.

I see your point, but keep in mind that Nix doesn't trade and doesn't reach much (if at all) in the draft.

Franchise quarterback = ticket sales = job security in the NFL. Kind of simple when thing about it.

I assume you're talking about drafting a quarterback highly as they are almost never available on the open free agent or trade market.

I agree that the Bills need to identify and acquire a "franchise quarterback."

However regarding your statement, there is an equally compelling counter-argument and it's a common one.

There have been numerous instances where the young, franchise quarterback-in-waiting has been glued to the bench by the Head Coach who is trying to preserve his job.

The reason is that the HC will go with the veteran who he believes gives him the best chance to win as opposed to the youngster whose inevitable growing pains will result in losses in games where mistake-free football would have resulted in a win.

I was actually a bit shocked this year that Jack Del Rio started and stuck with Blaine Gabbert for instance. I wonder if that was mandated from ownership.

HC's in the first year of their regimes are more likely to hitch their wagons to a young quarterback because they know they have 3 years to make it work.

Cam Newton played but he was drafted first overall by a team with zero quarterbacks and a new coach. Dalton played too but again in Cinci there was no viable option.

But even first year coaches like Munchak who went with Matt Hasselbeck or Leslie Frazier who went with Donovan McNabb felt more comfortable with veteran re-treads than young, highly-drafted players.

Jake Locker did not play and Christian Ponder only played due to the failure of Donovan McNabb.

A guy like Chan Gailey who is now coaching to preserve his job will be less likely to play a rookie QB, IMO.

A highly-drafted quarterback would most likely not result in more wins for the Bills next year but acquiring one would still be the best move for the team in the long term.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Agree on Thigpen

Yes on Brad Smith hurt.