Ryan Tannehill should be our first round pick

After today's game Ryan Tannehill proved why he is a top ten draft pick and come draft time we might not even have chance to draft him, especially with Barkley returning and Landry Jones regressing. I know we have an immense need for a pass rusher and many of us have been clamoring for Coples or Upshaw but those guys just aren't good enough to give us the pass rush we need from a top ten pick. This a QB driven League and with out our own franchise QB we will never be a winning team. Fitz is good but that is all he will ever be and would be a good mentor for Tannehill.

Draft risers

Ryan Tannehill (6-4, 222), senior, QB, Texas A&M

Tannehill’s NFL potential finally took off after winning the starting job during the 2010 season. So far this year, he hasn't disappointed.

Tannehill has displayed much better pocket sense. Combined with his foot quickness and athleticism, he moves efficiently to avoid pressure and can re-set, either in the pocket or outside, with accurate throws. He does an excellent job of reading defenses. When he finds open receivers, Tannehill gets rid of the ball quickly and is usually on target. He is more poised than before, and doesn't panic as plays breakdown. Also, he doesn't throw the ball up for grabs to avoid sacks.

Tannehill has good arm strength and does a good job of throwing the ball where only the receiver can make a play. For a player who was viewed as a likely fourth-round pick entering the 2011 season, we have heard scouts talk about him being a high second-round pick now.

[that will be high first come draft time]

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/aggies-ryan-tannehill-making-most-of-senior-season#ixzz1i9hw3DhO

And his Fiancee is hot!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

http://www.lostlettermen.com/tannehills-fiancee-hits-internet/

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him with our 2nd rounder. He just hasn't played enough (or well enough) to warrant being a top 15 draft pick. I doubt any team picks him that high.

But I like him as a prospect and would enjoy having a QB on the roster who can throw harder than a middle-school girl

I am really glad some of you guys aren't the Bills' GM.

You'll see when he becomes the next Aaron Rodgers.

Tannehill remimds me of Ponder, in that he is a clear 2nd rounder that will likely never develop into a good starter, but some team will desperately reach for him in the first. I'm just hoping it isnt the Bills.

Ponder has done quite well for a rookie and we'd be lucky to have a QB like him on our roster.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Tannehill remimds me of Ponder, in that he is a clear 2nd rounder that will likely never develop into a good starter, but some team will desperately reach for him in the first. I'm just hoping it isnt the Bills.

I think Tannenhill has twice the arm of Ponder......I would not be terribly mad if we somehow traded up and got him but we have to use the 1st rounder on someone else.......I am all for getting Fitz off the field......

Fabulous. A dude that's started for roughly 1 1/2 seasons should be drafted in the top 10. Of course. Why didn't I think of that?

Word on the street is the kid will be gone by the middle of the third round.

2nd round lets do it.......Tannenhill to replace Fitz.......will Coples or the OT from Iowa.........A good O-Line never hurt anyone......Look at the 49ers recent drafts........Free Agent WR and lets move on......

If only the Bills had a crystal ball that told them which QBs in this draft will succeed and the round they were taken in. 12 years without reaching the postseason?! It's time we find our Tom Brady...

Tannehill isn't a winner and neither was his team. His team choked in multiple games this year mainly because his defense sucked and because he froze up in the 2nd half of most Aggie games. If we take a QB late, I still say we should take Keenum from University of Houston

and one day maybe just maybe if we get lucky he might be able to play as good as Fitzpatrick. Nope

Please Fitz doesn't hold a candle to Tannehill's talent and he is smart like Fitz too. If Fitz had half the arm RT has we wouldn't being having this conversation, let alone his running ability.

Please Fitz doesn't hold a candle to Tannehill's talent and he is smart like Fitz too. If Fitz had half the arm RT has we wouldn't being having this conversation, let alone his running ability.

Seriously? Are you kidding? The guy is still in college and has played a season and a half of football as a QB. He ultimately be better than Fitz in like a half dozen years but the guy has not played against pro competition yet and until he does and succeeds you just don't know. He could be a major major flop. JP Losman and Rob Johnson had Tannenhill's talent.....how did that work out. Guys who are good athletes frequently just cannot cut it in the NFL as QBs. Colt McCoy is really lighting it up too a guy with a good arm and athleticism