Ryan Tannehill should be our first round pick

i dont drink,,, im at ritz calrton in naples vegging during day at beach and indulge in every delicacy life has to offer

That's an awesome hotel. Years ago, there was this shack out on Marco Island that served these KILLER frozen drinks. We used to sit out there getting wasted, and watching wild dolphins.

Anyway, about this Tannehill kid, Although I'm desperate for us to draft a franchise QB, I think there's better players at other positions to take at 11 or 12. I think Tannehill CAN play at the next level, but he'll struggle with the speed of the game. If all the stud QB's are gone by our pick, we should do this for rounds 1-4:

Round 1: OG Cordy Glenn (Georgia) OR, OG Dave Decastro (Stanford)

Round 2: OT Nate Potter (Boise State)

Round 3: TE Nick Provo (Syracuse)

Round 4: QB Tyler Wilson (Arkansas) IF he even enters the draft. This kid threw for more yards in a single game than any NCAA QB this year. -510! Ironically it was in a come- from-behind victory over Ryan Tannehill and the Aggies.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas A&M's Tannehill is a pretty interesting story.

His Mom and Dad both went to Tech, from where he received a scholarship offer. Tannehill also got offers from TCU, Houston, Tulsa, and UTEP. As the son of alumni he naturally wore Red Raiders gear as a child and it was almost a foregone conclusion that he would attend Tech.

He didn't.

In spite of attending Tech games as a youth, he ultimately aspired to play at Texas A&M and decided to forego his scholarship offer at Tech to walk on at College Station and try to make the Aggies.

While an Aggie, Tannehill lost QB competitions to both Stephen McGee (Dallas Cowboys) and Jerrod Johnson (the Arena League Arizona Rattlers and before that, the Philadelphia Eagles). Johnson holds most of the Aggies major passing records.

In 2009 as a wideout, Tannehill led the Aggies in receptions with 46 for 609 yards and 4 TDs.

In a related oddity both he and his father Tim, who played at Tech were moved back and forth between quarterback and wide receiver during their college careers.

In 2010 in his first career start at QB, he beat the school of his parents, the Texas Tech Aggies, 45-27.

He then led the team to victories over #11 Texas, Baylor, and #9 Nebraska. Against Nebraska he also filled in for the injured punter.

As an athlete he looks a bit more stiff than smooth but probably has really good measurables and is a great straight line athlete. Not much wiggle and I doubt he could play wideout in the pros.

As a quarterback he has all the physical tools.

He's played about a total of 4 years of quarterback in high school and college and is still young to the position.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Texas A&M's Tannehill is a pretty interesting story.

His Mom and Dad both went to Tech, from where he received a scholarship offer. Tannehill also got offers from TCU, Houston, Tulsa, and UTEP. As the son of alumni he naturally wore Red Raiders gear as a child and it was almost a foregone conclusion that he would attend Tech.

He didn't.

In spite of attending Tech games as a youth, he ultimately aspired to play at Texas A&M and decided to forego his scholarship offer at Tech to walk on at College Station and try to make the Aggies.

While an Aggie, Tannehill lost QB competitions to both Stephen McGee (Dallas Cowboys) and Jerrod Johnson (the Arena League Arizona Rattlers and before that, the Philadelphia Eagles). Johnson holds most of the Aggies major passing records.

In 2009 as a wideout, Tannehill led the Aggies in receptions with 46 for 609 yards and 4 TDs.

In a related oddity both he and his father Tim, who played at Tech were moved back and forth between quarterback and wide receiver during their college careers.

In 2010 in his first career start at QB, he beat the school of his parents, the Texas Tech Aggies, 45-27.

He then led the team to victories over #11 Texas, Baylor, and #9 Nebraska. Against Nebraska he also filled in for the injured punter.

As an athlete he looks a bit more stiff than smooth but probably has really good measurables and is a great straight line athlete. Not much wiggle and I doubt he could play wideout in the pros.

As a quarterback he has all the physical tools.

He's played about a total of 4 years of quarterback in high school and college and is still young to the position.

Nice find SJBF! wonder why he wanted to go to A&M so bad?

Not as gay as the guy who pretends to be a woman.

:lol: :lol:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

That's an awesome hotel. Years ago, there was this shack out on Marco Island that served these KILLER frozen drinks. We used to sit out there getting wasted, and watching wild dolphins.

Anyway, about this Tannehill kid, Although I'm desperate for us to draft a franchise QB, I think there's better players at other positions to take at 11 or 12. I think Tannehill CAN play at the next level, but he'll struggle with the speed of the game. If all the stud QB's are gone by our pick, we should do this for rounds 1-4:

Round 1: OG Cordy Glenn (Georgia) OR, OG Dave Decastro (Stanford)

Round 2: OT Nate Potter (Boise State)

Round 3: TE Nick Provo (Syracuse)

Round 4: QB Tyler Wilson (Arkansas) IF he even enters the draft. This kid threw for more yards in a single game than any NCAA QB this year. -510! Ironically it was in a come- from-behind victory over Ryan Tannehill and the Aggies.

You started out logical but then you want Glenn, Potter and Provo who are 2nd & 4rth round and UDFA respectively? Those positions are the least of our concerns. We need OLB, CB and NT more than anything.

Wilson isn't close to Tannehill or the other top QBs, you may want watch a whole lot more film to get a better view of things.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Well, he looked good yesterday. Made a couple bad reads, but a lot of big throws, including the one to Fuller that iced the game. Looks like an NFL QB to me. Isn't that what we need most of all? There are dozens of OLB/DEs in this year's draft. If we wait until round 2, he'll be long gone.

1325425622[/url]' post='2349629']

Ryan Tannehill is destined to be a solid back-up QB in the NFL. If we draft him in 5th-7th rounds, fine. Why are we even having this discussion????? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Pretty crazy that you know his destiny. So tell us, who are we going to draft and what is his destiny? Were you born with this skill or did you major in Seeing the Future in college?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Edited by NewEra

I agree with many here....Tannehill looked great in his bowl game, and has a lot of tools. But, he has not played a lot of QB...and would need development. REcalling that AAron Rogers sat for 3 years (yeh, three) behind Farve before he got the starting job at GB, I think that Tannehill as a second round pick makes a lot of sense. Got to get a stud rusher with the first pick...another Bryce Paup would be fine with me..Paup got 16 sacks for the Bills one season from the OLB spot in the 3/4 back in the day.

You started out logical but then you want Glenn, Potter and Provo who are 2nd & 4rth round and UDFA respectively? Those positions are the least of our concerns. We need OLB, CB and NT more than anything.

Wilson isn't close to Tannehill or the other top QBs, you may want watch a whole lot more film to get a better view of things.

I'm pretty passionate about my college football. Unlike some people on this board, I'm up every Saturday morning watching games all season. I've watched these kids play, and seen them perform in all kinds of situations. IMO Ryan Tannehill isn't first round material. I'm sure at some point, he'll play at the next level, but I hope it's not for us. I wonder how much "film" you've seen on Tyler Wilson? This kid throws a nice ball, and can hook up with some of the speediest wide-outs on the planet. Also, he throws ALOT. All types of routes. If he comes out, he deserves a look. Btw have you watched any "film" on Nate Potter? I've watched him play, and he dominates at his position, as does Glenn, and Decastro. Why wouldn't you want to give whoever's under center some talent to work with? Maybe YOU should watch some actual college games before scouting out your talent.

Edited by #34fan

Well, he looked good yesterday. Made a couple bad reads, but a lot of big throws, including the one to Fuller that iced the game. Looks like an NFL QB to me. Isn't that what we need most of all? There are dozens of OLB/DEs in this year's draft. If we wait until round 2, he'll be long gone.

exactly.

Says the Texas Fan, I've seen at least ten of his games and he makes good decisions as today's announcers emphasized, is smart, already graduated and was a Campbell trophy finalist (academic Heisman).

"A three-time First Team Academic All-Big 12 scholar, Tannehill graduated cum laude with a degree in biology and plans to study medicine after his football career is complete. The 2010 CoSIDA/ESPN Academic All-District selection has been named an A&M Athletics Scholar four times; a member of the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll four times and received the "Outstanding Scholar" designation from Texas A&M for posting a 4.0 GPA."

http://www.footballfoundation.org/nff/biography/3828/ryan-tannehill

Then it shouldn't have been easy for Longhorns teams that went 5-7 and 8-5 to shut him down and make him look confused.

I'm pretty passionate about my college football. Unlike some people on this board, I'm up every Saturday morning watching games all season. I've watched these kids play, and seen them perform in all kinds of situations. IMO Ryan Tannehill isn't first round material. I'm sure at some point, he'll play at the next level, but I hope it's not for us. I wonder how much "film" you've seen on Tyler Wilson? This kid throws a nice ball, and can hook up with some of the speediest wide-outs on the planet. Also, he throws ALOT. All types of routes. If he comes out, he deserves a look. Btw have you watched any "film" on Nate Potter? I've watched him play, and he dominates at his position, as does Glenn, and Decastro. Why wouldn't you want to give whoever's under center some talent to work with? Maybe YOU should watch some actual college games before scouting out your talent.

Decastro and Wilson and even Glen are decent but Potter hasn't impressed and Provo probably won't even get drafted. We have a good solid line but could use a left tackle but there is no way we draft 2 olinemen with our first 2 picks. We need impact players at those positions, linemen can be found latter.

I agree with many here....Tannehill looked great in his bowl game, and has a lot of tools. But, he has not played a lot of QB...and would need development. REcalling that AAron Rogers sat for 3 years (yeh, three) behind Farve before he got the starting job at GB, I think that Tannehill as a second round pick makes a lot of sense. Got to get a stud rusher with the first pick...another Bryce Paup would be fine with me..Paup got 16 sacks for the Bills one season from the OLB spot in the 3/4 back in the day.

He could and should sit behind Fitz for a few years so that he can fully develop instead of crash and burn. And there are no Bryce Paups in the first as nice as that would be.

Then it shouldn't have been easy for Longhorns teams that went 5-7 and 8-5 to shut him down and make him look confused.

2 games doesn't make a career, he scored plenty against Texas, remember he carried that team with no D and Cyrus Gray went down so he had no running game. Any QB looks bad when they throw a thousand times a game.

2 games doesn't make a career, he scored plenty against Texas, remember he carried that team with no D and Cyrus Gray went down so he had no running game. Any QB looks bad when they throw a thousand times a game.

Brady and Rodgers don't. =p

In all seriousness, he & A&M's choking would fit right into the Bills' culture.

Says the Texas Fan, I've seen at least ten of his games and he makes good decisions as today's announcers emphasized, is smart, already graduated and was a Campbell trophy finalist (academic Heisman).

"A three-time First Team Academic All-Big 12 scholar, Tannehill graduated cum laude with a degree in biology and plans to study medicine after his football career is complete. The 2010 CoSIDA/ESPN Academic All-District selection has been named an A&M Athletics Scholar four times; a member of the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll four times and received the "Outstanding Scholar" designation from Texas A&M for posting a 4.0 GPA."

http://www.footballfoundation.org/nff/biography/3828/ryan-tannehill

I am an Aggie fan and he is NOT good enough....5th-7th rounder

Decastro and Wilson and even Glen are decent but Potter hasn't impressed and Provo probably won't even get drafted. We have a good solid line but could use a left tackle but there is no way we draft 2 olinemen with our first 2 picks. We need impact players at those positions, linemen can be found latter.

I dunno man... We went defense with like 7 out of our 9 draft choices last year. At this point, I have to blame our terrible defense on terrible coaching. We should have enough talented players to get it done, by now. When I look at defensive MELTDOWNS like the one today, I can't chalk it up to a lack of a 4-3 OLB. Btw, if Potter doesn't move you, who do you like at OT in the draftt?

Edited by #34fan