Ryan Tannehill should be our first round pick

Tannehill remimds me of Ponder, in that he is a clear 2nd rounder that will likely never develop into a good starter, but some team will desperately reach for him in the first. I'm just hoping it isnt the Bills.

Your crazy, the only fact that you got right is he is a second rounder. He is way more athletic then Ponder will ever be and I look at him more as a second rounder like Dalton. If Tannehill is there with our second pick and we don't take him we are the stupid ones.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? Are you kidding? The guy is still in college and has played a season and a half of football as a QB. He ultimately be better than Fitz in like a half dozen years but the guy has not played against pro competition yet and until he does and succeeds you just don't know. He could be a major major flop. JP Losman and Rob Johnson had Tannenhill's talent.....how did that work out. Guys who are good athletes frequently just cannot cut it in the NFL as QBs. Colt McCoy is really lighting it up too a guy with a good arm and athleticism

I said he has more talent than Fitz not that he is a better NFL QB right now. Colt had/has no arm and is a bean pole. Tannehill will be the third ranked QB and taken when the draft comes.

Your crazy, the only fact that you got right is he is a second rounder. He is way more athletic then Ponder will ever be and I look at him more as a second rounder like Dalton. If Tannehill is there with our second pick and we don't take him we are the stupid ones.

This.

I'd like to take him in the second but just don't think he will be there when our time comes. He may even be gone by our first pick; Cleveland, Washington, Miami all need QBs and the colts may draft one too.

After today's game Ryan Tannehill proved why he is a top ten draft pick and come draft time we might not even have chance to draft him, especially with Barkley returning and Landry Jones regressing. I know we have an immense need for a pass rusher and many of us have been clamoring for Coples or Upshaw but those guys just aren't good enough to give us the pass rush we need from a top ten pick. This a QB driven League and with out our own franchise QB we will never be a winning team. Fitz is good but that is all he will ever be and would be a good mentor for Tannehill.

Draft risers

Ryan Tannehill (6-4, 222), senior, QB, Texas A&M

Tannehill’s NFL potential finally took off after winning the starting job during the 2010 season. So far this year, he hasn't disappointed.

Tannehill has displayed much better pocket sense. Combined with his foot quickness and athleticism, he moves efficiently to avoid pressure and can re-set, either in the pocket or outside, with accurate throws. He does an excellent job of reading defenses. When he finds open receivers, Tannehill gets rid of the ball quickly and is usually on target. He is more poised than before, and doesn't panic as plays breakdown. Also, he doesn't throw the ball up for grabs to avoid sacks.

Tannehill has good arm strength and does a good job of throwing the ball where only the receiver can make a play. For a player who was viewed as a likely fourth-round pick entering the 2011 season, we have heard scouts talk about him being a high second-round pick now.

[that will be high first come draft time]

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/aggies-ryan-tannehill-making-most-of-senior-season#ixzz1i9hw3DhO

And his Fiancee is hot!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

http://www.lostlettermen.com/tannehills-fiancee-hits-internet/

No! He's not a high 1st rounder (maybe bottom 10 for a team that can give him time to develop). If he's there in the 2nd--which a very real possibility--then maybe. Sorry, I'm not convinced.

I wouldn't mind Getting their WRs Fuller this year and Swope next year, who remind me of T.O. and Welker respectively.

Wow! barbarian, you must a full uniform-wearing Aggie. How many games did they win in a bad conference?

By the way, did you hear about the Aggie who got locked out of his car?

He spent two hours trying to get his wife and kids out.

Edited by CSBill

1325374416[/url]' post='2349450']

You'll see when he becomes the next Aaron Rodgers.

Ponder has done quite well for a rookie and we'd be lucky to have a QB like him on our roster.

Now he's the next Aaron Rodgers!!!!! YEAH!!!! I respect your love of the kid. I think he has a chance to be a very good player in this league.....but not the BEST player in the league. If we draft him, I hope you're right. It's doubtful ANY player drafted by the Bills will become the best Qb in the league. We rarely coach players up.

No! He's not a high 1st rounder (maybe bottom 10 for a team that can give him time to develop). If he's there in the 2nd--which a very real possibility--then maybe. Sorry, I'm not convinced.

Wow! barbarian, you must a full uniform-wearing Aggie. How many games did they win in a bad conference?

By the way, did you hear about the Aggie who got locked out of his car?

He spent two hours trying to get his wife and kids out.

Nope I'm Syracuse Orangeman Fan!!! (they can take that just orange pc crap and stuff it). Never been to Texas and could care less about A&M I just pick players that I like regardless of school.

Fuller will 2-3 rounder and what's wrong with Swope that kid rocks.

Now he's the next Aaron Rodgers!!!!! YEAH!!!! I respect your love of the kid. I think he has a chance to be a very good player in this league.....but not the BEST player in the league. If we draft him, I hope you're right. It's doubtful ANY player drafted by the Bills will become the best Qb in the league. We rarely coach players up.

That might be true but he has more physical tools than Rodgers when he came out and is probably smarter. You never now how a player will turn out but we really need a franchise guy and the longer we wait the harder it will be (unless we totally tank next year, which better not happen :angry: )

wow nuff said

So is that for or against?

You'll see when he becomes the next Aaron Rodgers.

Ponder has done quite well for a rookie and we'd be lucky to have a QB like him on our roster.

Ponder has done quite well?? You mean the guy who's the 30th ranked qb. The guy who's led his team to 2 wins with an equally good, if not better, supporting cast on offense that Fitz has, and a more talented defense? The guy whose amassed the following stat line below? The guy the Vikings might replace with RG3 THIS draft???

54% completion rate, 1825 yards, 13 tds, 12 ints.....pathetic.

Ponder has done quite well?? You mean the guy who's the 30th ranked qb. The guy who's led his team to 2 wins with an equally good, if not better, supporting cast on offense that Fitz has, and a more talented defense? The guy whose amassed the following stat line below? The guy the Vikings might replace with RG3 THIS draft???

54% completion rate, 1825 yards, 13 tds, 12 ints.....pathetic.

Considering the Vikings that's pretty good :P

I thought Ponder was junk in College and from the few games I saw of his with the Vikes he could make all the throws, so from a potential standpoint he looks promising.

Tannehill is a third round pick at best, and its a sit and wait thing too. He's a descent athlete good arm ...is this where I list all the college QB flops that had a great arm ?

Okay here we go 1)..........

What are his weaknesses?

Considering the Vikings that's pretty good :P

I thought Ponder was junk in College and from the few games I saw of his with the Vikes he could make all the throws, so from a potential standpoint he looks promising.

What are his weaknesses?

So you didn't watch Tannehill today after touting him for months?

Yes that's why I started this thread.

And this was the extent of your analysis?

"After today's game Ryan Tannehill proved why he is a top ten draft pick… "

I was expecting a bit more than that… I saw the box score.

It looks like he put up decent numbers but that also doesn't tell me anything.

That's cool. I'll just go watch some video on him.

But I was also hoping to hear other people's impressions of his game today.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I've talked about so much before I didn't want to rehash all that stuff. He looked good today making clutch throws and good decision making whether throwing it away or running for yardage. The only bad thing I can see about him is he can force some balls for turnovers but with more experience that will improve. If His recievers didn't drop so many balls his stats would have been a lot better.

The biggest problem with him this year was his defense stunk and the running game was terrible so having to carry the team he did exceptionally well.

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS

ESPNReliant Stadium

Final

Sat, Dec 31

Texas A&M

(7-6, 4-5 Conf.)

-

Northwestern

(6-7, 3-5 Conf.)

Recap »Box Score »

SPLITS CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

This Game 22 32 260 68.8 8.13 38 1 0 1 147.3

Season 300 491 3415 61.1 6.96 79 28 14 8 132.6

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/232059/ryan-tannehill

After today's game Ryan Tannehill proved why he is a top ten draft pick and come draft time we might not even have chance to draft him, especially with Barkley returning and Landry Jones regressing. I know we have an immense need for a pass rusher and many of us have been clamoring for Coples or Upshaw but those guys just aren't good enough to give us the pass rush we need from a top ten pick. This a QB driven League and with out our own franchise QB we will never be a winning team. Fitz is good but that is all he will ever be and would be a good mentor for Tannehill.

Draft risers

Ryan Tannehill (6-4, 222), senior, QB, Texas A&M

Tannehill’s NFL potential finally took off after winning the starting job during the 2010 season. So far this year, he hasn't disappointed.

Tannehill has displayed much better pocket sense. Combined with his foot quickness and athleticism, he moves efficiently to avoid pressure and can re-set, either in the pocket or outside, with accurate throws. He does an excellent job of reading defenses. When he finds open receivers, Tannehill gets rid of the ball quickly and is usually on target. He is more poised than before, and doesn't panic as plays breakdown. Also, he doesn't throw the ball up for grabs to avoid sacks.

Tannehill has good arm strength and does a good job of throwing the ball where only the receiver can make a play. For a player who was viewed as a likely fourth-round pick entering the 2011 season, we have heard scouts talk about him being a high second-round pick now.

[that will be high first come draft time]

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/aggies-ryan-tannehill-making-most-of-senior-season#ixzz1i9hw3DhO

And his Fiancee is hot!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

http://www.lostlettermen.com/tannehills-fiancee-hits-internet/

i wouldnt waste a 6th on him! this moron is tallenhill mop up boy at a rub and tug on something... tannehill is useless... spend picks on D oline and WR if we cant get a real stud QB.. if we are gonna use a pick on a QB, take one with legit potential not a guy that has regressed in only his yr as a QB... he came into yr being VERY talked about cuz AM was ranked to start yr and had 2 good WR' and 3 if u include tanenhill who is a better WR than QB. should have stayed there and could have been a better version of Jones who the jags took.. but as a QB hes useless if bills draft him, i will never come back on this site to hear about this losers love story with tanenhill.. ur just like skip bayless on tebow... tebow may be a great kid BUT BE A LEGIT qb... any "NEW" offense takes time to figure out.. look how good ours was at start of yr.. once teams find a way to stop and they do, u have to go back to basics and jsut be too good to stop.... i think fitx has had like 2 , maybe 3 games where he looked GOOD since the start of yr.. he may have had numbers, but even his screen passes he cant hit RB in stride... good luck with down field throws

on most important play of game, last drive trying to milk a lead, where the good ones shine and WIN the game with a lead and 1 more first down ices it... throws a 12-15 pass that landed 5 YARDS short of WR... he puts up solid numbers cuz hes in college and playing college d's but misses key throws at wrong times and had a few big games this yr, but when it counted, he crumbled and stunk up joint... a team that talented on offense should have won more. doesnt have the intangible to be a "closer" and win games in 4th but either coming back or hitting last pass of game to get a first down

i wouldnt waste a 6th on him! this moron is tallenhill mop up boy at a rub and tug on something... tannehill is useless... spend picks on D oline and WR if we cant get a real stud QB.. if we are gonna use a pick on a QB, take one with legit potential not a guy that has regressed in only his yr as a QB... he came into yr being VERY talked about cuz AM was ranked to start yr and had 2 good WR' and 3 if u include tanenhill who is a better WR than QB. should have stayed there and could have been a better version of Jones who the jags took.. but as a QB hes useless if bills draft him, i will never come back on this site to hear about this losers love story with tanenhill.. ur just like skip bayless on tebow... tebow may be a great kid BUT BE A LEGIT qb... any "NEW" offense takes time to figure out.. look how good ours was at start of yr.. once teams find a way to stop and they do, u have to go back to basics and jsut be too good to stop.... i think fitx has had like 2 , maybe 3 games where he looked GOOD since the start of yr.. he may have had numbers, but even his screen passes he cant hit RB in stride... good luck with down field throws

on most important play of game, last drive trying to milk a lead, where the good ones shine and WIN the game with a lead and 1 more first down ices it... throws a 12-15 pass that landed 5 YARDS short of WR... he puts up solid numbers cuz hes in college and playing college d's but misses key throws at wrong times and had a few big games this yr, but when it counted, he crumbled and stunk up joint... a team that talented on offense should have won more. doesnt have the intangible to be a "closer" and win games in 4th but either coming back or hitting last pass of game to get a first down

:wub: :wub: :wub: and try posting before you drink :thumbsup:

Oh my Jesus no.

Tannehill is not a good quarterback right now. I watched him play vs my horns the past two years, and he has a bad release, and can easily be confused. I saw two very different Texas Defensive Coordinators shut him down and force bad games.

He'll be out of the NFL, or on his second team before he finally picks up the pro game. I don't want to be the one to draft him. He's extremely raw and is a JP Losman - lots of physical skill but lacks most else.

Edited by BlueFire

Oh my Jesus no.

Tannehill is not a good quarterback right now. I watched him play vs my horns the past two years, and he has a bad release, and can easily be confused. I saw two very different Texas Defensive Coordinators shut him down and force bad games.

He'll be out of the NFL, or on his second team before he finally picks up the pro game. I don't want to be the one to draft him. He's extremely raw and is a JP Losman - lots of physical skill but lacks most else.

Says the Texas Fan, I've seen at least ten of his games and he makes good decisions as today's announcers emphasized, is smart, already graduated and was a Campbell trophy finalist (academic Heisman).

"A three-time First Team Academic All-Big 12 scholar, Tannehill graduated cum laude with a degree in biology and plans to study medicine after his football career is complete. The 2010 CoSIDA/ESPN Academic All-District selection has been named an A&M Athletics Scholar four times; a member of the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll four times and received the "Outstanding Scholar" designation from Texas A&M for posting a 4.0 GPA."

http://www.footballfoundation.org/nff/biography/3828/ryan-tannehill