A Baltimore Perspective On Lee Evans !!

T master

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm late here, but i did read the whole discussion all the while knowing my response or point about Lee. That's not very open minded but on this occasion i dont care.

I think we broke Lee Evans with our terrible offenses we provided during his time here. He gave up before we traded him. He knew it and recent Buffalo staff did too. I think we gave him a most respectable sendoff. We traded him to a potential playoff SB? contender. Where he might be better utilized to his skill set as we perceived it and a bonus. (and yes he could demand two and get seperation on the long ball! in the day ). we got some decent return. i would call it even. i dont think we were pulling the wool over on them with our offer.

my point is I think Lee lost motivation, and when we were so successful early this season without him and he was devastated.

I feel bad but thats the game i suppose

You don't trade players just because they don't want to be there. Losing causes that. Winning changes it. I thought we had established that entertaining players whims like that was really bad for business in Buffalo? Remember the holdouts of Peters, Schobel and Lynch? Man you have a short memory.

Not only did they get jack for McGahee, they then smoked another #1 pick on his replacement Marshawn Lynch. It was a true clusterfuk of a sequence of events.

Peters is a dominant player. He is not just a pro bowl participant or electee, he is an All Pro candidate. There is a difference, look it up. When you are considered among the very few best LT"s in the league, you are a damn good football player. Wood is good, but he is just an interior lineman and has not proven durable. Bad trade.

+54.

No question, the guy is soft and always was. The same people that are hailing the trade now were the ones who were outraged when I used to bring up the fact that the guy won't go over the middle.

However, he is a deep threat and he had been very durable until he suffered an injury very late last year. And they missed him when he did.

We aren't talking about the typical Bill who is on IR 2 out of 3 years, he was always healthy as a pro and there is no telling if he wouldn't have remained so in Buffalo and provided more of a contribution to the team.

To me, it was a bad gamble. I want to win now and a 4th round pick is traditionally not much value at all AND it's deferred value at that.

I do expect him to have somewhat of a bounce back year next year and it wouldn't surprise me if he made a big game-changing play in the playoffs because that's what he does.

Kickin' ass and takin' names, as always!

BELEAGUERED???? :lol: Have to add spin to prop up your arguments? I was wrong about Levitre but we both forgot to mention Danny Batten who came from the 2010 6th rounder we got for Peters.

PTR

I think his point is that wood has spent the final half of two of the past three seasons on IR. That's a fact, no?

BELEAGUERED???? :lol: Have to add spin to prop up your arguments? I was wrong about Levitre but we both forgot to mention Danny Batten who came from the 2010 6th rounder we got for Peters.

PTR

Yeah, you were wrong about Levitre.

And as for Wood being beset with problems..........yes, in two of his first three seasons he has ended up on IR. Once with a grotesquely snapped leg, and then with a torn ACL. I mean is he an OL or a 300 carry per year RB for chrissake? These are serious injuries.

I mean, if I told you that the same would happen to CJ Spiller over the next three years would you say he was a workhorse or he had issues? An interior OL needs to be out there every week. His absence gets overlooked because it's not as hard to replace a center as it is to replace a LT and after one rough outing Urbik played well.

As for Danny Batten.........is that supposed to bolster your argument? :lol:

Evans will get next to no burn in the playoffs.

Lee's nut huggers fighting the good fight, dude will be cut in late winter.

No. They are clinging to the possibility he has 1, just ONE good game this year, hopefully in the playoffs where he scores a touchdown on a fly route and has a total of 150+ yards on 6 catches in a victory for the Ravens.

Then they will come on here and say I TOLD YOU SO (even though there is still no validity to the argument based on 1 game). LOL!

Remember Lynch in the playoffs from last year? That was just based off of 1, just ONE play :wallbash::doh:

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The Bills still have to make a good selection with the pick. Let's hope they make it a good trade.

The best way the Bills can use that draft pick is to trade that pick along with our original 4th round pick and our 3rd round pick to move up into the 2nd that way we have two 2nd round picks a 1st rounder plus 5,6 and 7...

Yeah, you were wrong about Levitre.

And as for Wood being beset with problems..........yes, in two of his first three seasons he has ended up on IR. Once with a grotesquely snapped leg, and then with a torn ACL. I mean is he an OL or a 300 carry per year RB for chrissake? These are serious injuries.

I mean, if I told you that the same would happen to CJ Spiller over the next three years would you say he was a workhorse or he had issues? An interior OL needs to be out there every week. His absence gets overlooked because it's not as hard to replace a center as it is to replace a LT and after one rough outing Urbik played well.

As for Danny Batten.........is that supposed to bolster your argument? :lol:

You're joking about Wood, right? You realize his first injury was when a player fell on his leg, right? The ACL tear happens quite frequently in the NFL, even to OL. Peters suffered a torn groin, along with the other maladies that have beleaguered him, seeing as how he misses about 3 games a year.

No. They are clinging to the possibility he has 1, just ONE good game this year, hopefully in the playoffs where he scores a touchdown on a fly route and has a total of 150+ yards on 6 catches in a victory for the Ravens.

Then they will come on here and say I TOLD YOU SO (even though there is still no validity to the argument based on 1 game). LOL!

Remember Lynch in the playoffs from last year? That was just based off of 1, just ONE play :wallbash::doh:

You were probably singing the praises of the front office for drafting Beast Mode with a first and then defending them for trading him for a 4th.

Plenty of those clowns on this site.

It's one thing to make a bad value swap like that. It's another still to trade that player for a FUTURE 4th rounder.

There is a time-value to a trade that knuckleheads can't seem to grasp.

That's why I didn't get the Evans trade. I was not a big Lee Evans fan. But turning over his position to Marcus Easley and Donald Jones looked like a risky move taken at the expense of winning this year.

Evans had a terrible year. But so did Easley and Jones. And more importantly.....so did the Bills.

You were probably singing the praises of the front office for drafting Beast Mode with a first and then defending them for trading him for a 4th.

Plenty of those clowns on this site.

It's one thing to make a bad value swap like that. It's another still to trade that player for a FUTURE 4th rounder.

There is a time-value to a trade that knuckleheads can't seem to grasp.

That's why I didn't get the Evans trade. I was not a big Lee Evans fan. But turning over his position to Marcus Easley and Donald Jones looked like a risky move taken at the expense of winning this year.

Evans had a terrible year. But so did Easley and Jones. And more importantly.....so did the Bills.

I don't think I was on this message board at the time. I was never a fan of drafting Lynch. To be honest I liked the Spiller pick over Lynch in drafting in the first round. Comparing Apples to apples...running backs to running backs in the first round.

You're joking about Wood, right? You realize his first injury was when a player fell on his leg, right? The ACL tear happens quite frequently in the NFL, even to OL. Peters suffered a torn groin, along with the other maladies that have beleaguered him, seeing as how he misses about 3 games a year.

Why would I be joking about that? He has been absent from the lineup in the second half of two of his three seasons.

I'm not saying Peters is the Cal Ripken of offensive lineman but he is a star player at premium position.

Basically that trade comes down to trading Jason Peters for Eric Wood and it's going to take a miracle turnaround for that trade to look anywhere close to fair.

That said, and something you apologists should keep in mind when you are worrying that not defending the organization means that you don't have faith they can turn it around,,,,,,it takes a lot of bad decisions to stay bad in the NFL.

The league is set up to ecourage parity so DESPITE all the bad moves, it just takes a few good years of moves to completely turn a franchise around.

Lynch was a sunk cost, you weren't going to get equal value for him, he wasnt an elite player and it was clear that he wasn't going to be resigned given his history.

We actually got something for him, instead of letting him walk for nothing. His NFL production was mediocre, his teammates have come out and said he was out of shape when he was here. Sunk cost, move on and give someone else the reps, good thing we did. Fred shined without Lynch leaching reps, better player won out.

Edited by bouds

Why would I be joking about that? He has been absent from the lineup in the second half of two of his three seasons.

I'm not saying Peters is the Cal Ripken of offensive lineman but he is a star player at premium position.

Basically that trade comes down to trading Jason Peters for Eric Wood and it's going to take a miracle turnaround for that trade to look anywhere close to fair.

That said, and something you apologists should keep in mind when you are worrying that not defending the organization means that you don't have faith they can turn it around,,,,,,it takes a lot of bad decisions to stay bad in the NFL.

The league is set up to ecourage parity so DESPITE all the bad moves, it just takes a few good years of moves to completely turn a franchise around.

Ah, I see. So a freak accident like a guy falling on Wood's leg is his fault. Okay.

As for the trade looking "fair," was Peters the difference between the Bills making the playoffs the past 3 years? Was he the reason the Eagles made it his first 2 years? Or is it unfair because he's making the Pro Bowl (even though his team missed the playoffs this year, and looks like they are in for a coaching change next year)? The funny part is that with Vick being a lefty, he now protects his QB's "sight" side, and his and Vick's $100M contracts will hamstring them going forward, now that the salary cap is lower and important UFA's are coming up for them.

And as for Evans, the Bills couldn't trade him before the draft. There was a lockout, you see. And he's been "beleaguered" by injuries, as well as poor effort, despite being on a winning team. Meaning he never really had it in him. Lynch OTOH was being run out of town by the fans (can't remember if you were one of them), and the FO was wary of him being suspended again. And a 4th is all you could expect for a guy in his position. Too bad he didn't grow up sooner, because he'd have been a fan favorite here.

It never gets hard for some to rationalize getting rid of players. In the last five years Fletcher, Clements, Spikes, McGahee, Greer, Peters, Lynch, Posluszny, Evans, and probably Stevie will be allowed to leave for little or no compensation with top draft picks used to replace them. And not surprisingly they'll be a group of homers there to applaud every departure. The more things change...

There's a difference with letting someone go because of money, Ralph mainly being cheap, and dumping a player because you no longer feels he contributes enough or is a problem in the locker room.

McGahee didn't even stay in Buffalo on Mondays, dude would fly down to Miami. How many 1000 yard seasons did he have with the Ravens? All of one, and that after receiving a big contract. Lynch and McGahee got themselves traded, Peters wanted money the org didn't want to pay.

I don't give a flying !@#$ that they let McScrub and Lynch go, never wanted them drafted, both were reaches IMO. Guys like Fletcher, Williams, and Greer should've been kept because they were good football players, and great leaders too. Don't lump one group with the other, not fair to guys like Greer.

It never gets hard for some to rationalize getting rid of players. In the last five years Fletcher, Clements, Spikes, McGahee, Greer, Peters, Lynch, Posluszny, Evans, and probably Stevie will be allowed to leave for little or no compensation with top draft picks used to replace them. And not surprisingly they'll be a group of homers there to applaud every departure. The more things change...

I doubt you'll find anyone who will say every player that the Bills got rid of was a good move. But mentioning guys like Clements, Poz, and Evans is a joke considering how little they did with their new teams versus how overpaid they were. Spikes took 3 years and 2 other teams to start playing back to form after he left the Bills, while McGahee, Lynch and Peters had poor attitudes and needed a change of scenery. Fletcher should have been kept as should have Greer, in hindsight, but those decisions weren't made in a vacuum. They also made a mistake with Fat Pat and earlier in the decade, Fat Ted.

So you are saying we should have beat the 49ers offer of $80 million and kept Clements here? If that's the case, put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer please. $42+ mil for Poz? LOL. McGahee pouted like a child and wanted out of here no matter what. Lynch turned on beast mode whenever he felt like it (about 2 runs a game), and is still one arrest away from being suspended.

Lee Evans will go down as the most overrated Buffalo Bill in team history. On any other team he would be a mediocre #3 receiver. Smartest thing that guy ever did was pick #83 - had every casual fan duped for his entire career. And don't say I'm kicking him on the way out, I have been bashing him since 2008.

Not surprisingly, every time we get rid of some overpriced player, there will be a group of delusional fans who think we lost a Hall of Famer. The more things change indeed.

So you are saying we should have beat the 49ers offer of $80 million and kept Clements here? If that's the case, put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer please. $42+ mil for Poz? LOL. McGahee pouted like a child and wanted out of here no matter what. Lynch turned on beast mode whenever he felt like it (about 2 runs a game), and is still one arrest away from being suspended.

Lee Evans will go down as the most overrated Buffalo Bill in team history. On any other team he would be a mediocre #3 receiver. Smartest thing that guy ever did was pick #83 - had every casual fan duped for his entire career. And don't say I'm kicking him on the way out, I have been bashing him since 2008.

Not surprisingly, every time we get rid of some overpriced player, there will be a group of delusional fans who think we lost a Hall of Famer. The more things change indeed.

+256. The same people who are crying over the trade of Lynch are probably the same ones who were ready to tar and feather him after getting suspended. But Clements, Poz, and Evans? :rolleyes: