Aaron Maybin

BillsLux

Really, how many Maybin posts do we have to endure....

Average, to below average situational pass rusher (3rd and long, and 4th and long passing downs) on a team that has lock-down corners. There are a plenty of OLBs around the league that would eclipse his numbers with how long opposing QB's have to hold onto the ball against Revis and Cromartie.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a number one draft pick that we expected to play a linebacker...they took a scrub off the street and asked him to rush the passer

This is it in at nutshell.

The Jets wouldn't have signed or retained him at 5 million, 500K is a different matter.

Good god- Maybin isnt a good player. On the Jets defense he's a one job player, the Bills would need him to do other things he can't. It's like a loaded team adding a descent hitter who can't field- just DH and you will hit seven. While another team if they signed him would need him to play left and hit third he can't do it. In one scenario it works in another scenario it doesn't. I don't want Maybin back and he'll be out of the league in two years. Right now he's filling Jason Taylor shoes from 2010 - Taylor had 5 or 6 sacks last year this year no one wanted him

exactly. mostly garbage time sacks and from desperate qb's holding the ball too long. zero run support.

not sure if he'll be out of the league in two years but he's definitely a niche player. he'll hang on for backup roles and get league minimum like he is now. I was laughing in his interview when he said 'well now the Bills have to face ME twice a year'.

Oh geez, not YOU Maybin, you game changing animal. The guy is so full of himself. He owes me a jersey.....

This is it in at nutshell.

The Jets wouldn't have signed or retained him at 5 million, 500K is a different matter.

But The Bills have cash to burn under the Cap...What's their excuse?

You know when the Bills cut Maybin, like 99.9% of all Bills Fans I agreed with the move...I was buying what The Bills were selling...Now, not so much...But for the life of me I can't understand why so many Bills Fans still justify the move after what they've seen...You can't hide the film...You can't take away what Maybin has done...No matter what Defense he's in he still got to the QB's and forced those fumbles...There's no denying it...

I'm more than willing to say I was wrong...Maybin has a skill...It may only be a single skill, and it may fit The Jets better, but still it's a skill The Bills Defense desperately needs...And they had him...They Drafted him, they can easily afford him, and there was absolutely NO reason to cut him...Why did they cut him? To keep Batten or Eddins (who they cut shortly after and is now sitting on the PS despite injuries to Merriman and Kelsay)? It was clearly a stupid move...Granted hindsight is 20/20...But the bottom line is Maybin is contributing to a Division rival and had major contributions in one of The Bills losses this Season...And that makes it a terribly dumb move...B-)

I was a HUGE proponent of running Maybin out of town at the beginning of this season , but seeing what i have seen from him with the Jet's just gives me one more reason that shows us that George Edwards needs to be run out of town !!

If he was half the D coordinator that Gailey thinks he is he would have seen any potential that Maybin had and fought to give him a shot or used him as a situational pass rusher as the Jet's have done .

Apparently the Bills staff can't see good talent when it's right in front of their face or we wouldn't have let Maybin , Poz , Greer , Leonard , & a host of others out of B-lo ..

Oh & before i end this reply i will say that i was wrong about Maybin & send out an apology to him but that's what you get when a bus driver try's to play NFL coach & maybe more of us should take a lesson from this because i know i wasn't the only one on this sight that was wanting him out of here but may be one of the only one with balls enough to admit that i was wrong !!!

Hey there's a first time for everything :w00t: !!!!!!! GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a HUGE proponent of running Maybin out of town at the beginning of this season , but seeing what i have seen from him with the Jet's just gives me one more reason that shows us that George Edwards needs to be run out of town !!

If he was half the D coordinator that Gailey thinks he is he would have seen any potential that Maybin had and fought to give him a shot or used him as a situational pass rusher as the Jet's have done .

Apparently the Bills staff can't see good talent when it's right in front of their face or we wouldn't have let Maybin , Poz , Greer , Leonard , & a host of others out of B-lo ..

Oh & before i end this reply i will say that i was wrong about Maybin & send out an apology to him but that's what you get when a bus driver try's to play NFL coach & maybe more of us should take a lesson from this because i know i wasn't the only one on this sight that was wanting him out of here but may be one of the only one with balls enough to admit that i was wrong !!!

Hey there's a first time for everything :w00t: !!!!!!! GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree 100%...

And I already admitted I was wrong...In the Post above... :lol:

Look Maybin is producing and we should be happy for him. That he busted here shows the Bills coaches did not have a clue on how to use him. Also Buffalo, and especially this board, give up way too early on players. Maybin and Marshawn are perfect examples. Better coaching, better leadership and some tolerance from fans for two kids that were in the league before they matured was all that was needed. They should be producing here. Instead we re-pick the same position draft after draft, neglecting areas of need. We never love the one we're with. Now Fitz is getting the same crap that we heaped on these guys.

We would not have wasted a pick on CJ if Marshawn was still on the team. Freddie and Lynch would have been unstoppable. Freddie and CJ are very stoppable. Now all the crap that this crowd threw on Lynch and Maybin is directed on McKelvin. Give the guy a break and a chance to succeed.

On top of this, you predict that Maybin, who has more sacks than any player on the Bills, is going to get cut next year is ludicrous. Take your head out of your a$$. He will be in the pro bowl before Marcell Dareus.

We run more good players out of town than any team in the league.

Glad you brought up McKelvin. Like I have said on the board many times, I believe McKelvin has a huge upside and potential. But he needs special attention and mentoring to help him reach that potential. If the Bills would only bring in a consultant/special coach like the Jets do (Maybin) to develop him and polish him I think he could become a pro bowler. Without it, he most likely will be on everyone's bust list in a year or two. It's about good coaching, not just good drafting. But the people on the board want to trash young players with obvious talent rather than support them. Ala CJ.

Hell of a game for the great Aaron Maybin.

Zero tackles....except for the one out of bounds that cost his team 15 yards when they were desperately trying to get the ball back with 3 minutes left down by 6.

I think it's the third game in a row he didn't make the stat sheet.

He's a force.

GO BILLS!!!

Look Maybin is producing and we should be happy for him. That he busted here shows the Bills coaches did not have a clue on how to use him. Also Buffalo, and especially this board, give up way too early on players. Maybin and Marshawn are perfect examples. Better coaching, better leadership and some tolerance from fans for two kids that were in the league before they matured was all that was needed. They should be producing here. Instead we re-pick the same position draft after draft, neglecting areas of need. We never love the one we're with. Now Fitz is getting the same crap that we heaped on these guys.

We would not have wasted a pick on CJ if Marshawn was still on the team. Freddie and Lynch would have been unstoppable. Freddie and CJ are very stoppable. Now all the crap that this crowd threw on Lynch and Maybin is directed on McKelvin. Give the guy a break and a chance to succeed.

On top of this, you predict that Maybin, who has more sacks than any player on the Bills, is going to get cut next year is ludicrous. Take your head out of your a$$. He will be in the pro bowl before Marcell Dareus.

We run more good players out of town than any team in the league.

Has anyone else voted for Maybin for bowl ballets? BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!! :devil:

Yea but the same can be said about Jabari Greer- Jim Leonhard- Donte Whitner- Poz-Maybin all playing for top defenses. So OP might just have a valid point about how crappy Bills coaches have been.

Look at Marshawn Lynch 1000 yards rushing and 11 TD's, good thing the bills got a 4th rounder for the 8th ranked RB in the league

Jackson was ahead of Lynch before FJ go injured, wasn't he? We still have the right guy. Lynch also fell out of favor because of his off-field troubles.

I do agree that several players have benefitted from leaving the Bills for better coaching, but not all. In the case of RB's, the o-line is a BIG factor in their success or failure.

No, Any team in the league would have cut him, including the Jets, because of his outrageous salary. He was a one-trick pony get paid like an all-time stud. Now he's getting paid like a one trick pony.

Wrong. We had no issue with the salary cap and the team is making money. That's not to mention the fact that Maybin is the ONLY first round pick from that year to be cut. There's no reason we shouldn't have given Maybin another year, at the least.

Edited by ny33

It was a mistake to draft him (considering he's only ever going to be a situational pass rusher, although at the time they figured he could turn into an every-down DE), and then a mistake to cut him after 2 years. He'd be leading the Bills in sacks.

I'm detecting some bitterness here.

Well...

Jason Taylor is OLD...That's why nobody wanted him...I think he wanted to play his last year in Miami anyway...

This whole argument that Maybin sucks and he's only a decent Pass Rusher because he's on the Jets would be all fine and dandy IF The Bills had any...I mean ANY semblance of a Pass Rush whatsoever...It's one thing to let a former #11 overall pick go because he can't play all 3 downs...I get that...It's completely another thing to let him go when his one and only current NFL skill is exactly what your Defense lacks most...A FREAKING PASS RUSH!!!

Chan Gailey hinted strongly to Tim Graham that Maybin was released do to a lack of talent...Now for those around here who have short memories, Maybin was drafted (and yes I understand it was the previous regime) to Rush the Passer first and foremost...Go back and read the comments from The Bills before that Draft...They were determined to get a PASS RUSHER...If they wanted a 3 down LB I promise each and everyone of you they would have taken Cushing...But instead they wanted a difference maker on 3rd Down coming off the edge...That is why they Drafted Maybin, and anyone who thinks differently is simply making crap up...Maybin had done it for only one year in College...He was the definition of a project...No matter how dumb you think Jauron and Modrak were, believe me, they knew Maybin was a HUGE projection as a 3-Down Player...Everyone under the sun knew it...But what Jauron saw was the ability to get after the QB off the edge...And Maybin had the best first step off the line that many of these scouts had seen in years...And sure they also figured in a few years he would fill out and be a more complete player...But in the meantime he was Drafted to do one thing and one thing only...Pass Rusher...Sound familiar? That's exactly what he's doing for The Jets...Only when Gailey and Nix came in did they up the expectations of Maybin...And he never got the Coaching necessary to be a decent Pass Rusher in Buffalo let alone a 3 Down OLB...What a joke...

So sure Maybin is one dimensional...And yes The Jets are a better Defense than this bumbling bunch of misfits we've got...But the fact that the Bills could not get Maybin to do exactly what they Drafted him to do...Rush the Passer, and get 5-10 Sacks a year...speaks volumes about this Coaching Staff...And I'll take Maybin's Pass Rush skills any day on this current Bills Team...After all he's clearly a better Pass Rusher than any player we have currently...The fact that we cut this Kid is a complete and utter joke...Just like The Bills...I was fooled into thinking Gailey knew it all and Maybin had no talent...I know better now...The Bills have no Coaching talent...That's the real problem... B-)

It was a mistake to draft him (considering he's only ever going to be a situational pass rusher, although at the time they figured he could turn into an every-down DE), and then a mistake to cut him after 2 years. He'd be leading the Bills in sacks.

Except that if he were on the Bills he would likely have no sacks because of a) the scheme we run, and b) the talent around him.

PTR