Kellen Moore

If this subject has been posted before I apologize... Since the Bills are not going to go after a QB what round do you think Kellen will go in in? He only wins...sigh we've heard that before... but I like him... thoughts and Merry Christmas to all!!

They were talking about him on the Cowherd show yesterday...Schlereth and someone were on the show and basically said he may even go undrafted, just like Case K from Houston. The knock on both of them is that they're undersized with average arms, and that they're both system QBs. But like you said, the guy is a winner, and we could always use one of those.

I was on the shoutbox talking bout this guy earlier and Ryan L Billz said he would be projected around the 3rd round... I was even willing to go after him in the 2nd round after seeing him play last night and then watching highlights on him... IMO (and this is only body wise I'm talking) he reminds me of Tom Brady... When Brady was in the scouting combine he looked so fragile but then grew into his NFL body... This guy Moore just needs to bulk up in my opinion... I'm one of those guys who doesn't want to draft a QB in the 1st round this year because there will be none that's of 1st round value left... But in the 2nd if Moore is around I wouldn't mind it... And if he's there in the 3rd and we still haven't drafted a QB by then, then it's a no brainer in IMO... I highly doubt he gets passed the 3rd round let alone going undrafted... Also I think we should stop talking about him cuz usually when we talk about getting someone it never happens....

So, you're saying he has a chance (he's 6'1")?

Brady had an average arm when he came into the league. Just sayin'.

...I always wonder what Brady would be without coming into a full blown machine like the Pats. Remember Drew Bledsoe was running that team and well. Unlike our Bills who have a finger in the damn until somebody gets hurt and then the dam breaks. I'm not sure anyone can thrive under that system.

I've seen this cat several times over the years. He looks to me like he's very accurate. He can make all the throws. Long, short, fade, screen, back shoulder, everything. According to espn.go.com, he's 6' 1" 191. According to NFL.com, Drew Brees is 6' 0" 209. Can 18 pounds really make that much difference?

If the guy's there in round 3 or later, I'd like to see us take him and let him back up Fitz next year and learn.

He has won alot, but then again, Boise State usually has a lot of cream puffs on their schedule. One of the ones he lost was to the Colin Kaepernick led Nevada Wolf Pack.

Edited by reddogblitz

...As I said on another post... if McCoy was on a better team with time to grow instead of getting his brains scrambled on a crummy team... didn't seem to do bad at Texas.

Perhaps if McCoy was on a better team and had time to grow, he'd be better. But now you're getting into unknown variables. Will Moore go to a better team and be given "time to grow," however long that is? Would that team be the Bills?

At best, I see him as a 4th or later rounder. Later, if he comes in under 6'.

Perhaps if McCoy was on a better team and had time to grow, he'd be better. But now you're getting into unknown variables. Will Moore go to a better team and be given "time to grow," however long that is? Would that team be the Bills?

At best, I see him as a 4th or later rounder. Later, if he comes in under 6'.

They had a segment on First Take this week where all three people on the panel said that they'd take Moore in the top half of the FIRST round. Now I know that Bayless is one for hyperbole, but the other two said it also (one was the that former Raider FB but I forget his name).

That being said, some QBs with questions tend to get drafted 2 or 3 rounds higher than they probably should if the evaluation was done like a normal football position. But with QB being so important, the high risk/high reward factor comes into play more times than not. If this guy looks as good as everyone is saying, you can expect him to make it into the first round.

Can he throw on the run? Fitz's accuracy goes from bad to worse when he has to throw on the run. With the shaky pass protection of the current O-line, the Bills QB will have to be able to throw on the run, either because he is running for his life, or it's designed roll-out play. The O-line will get better over time (I hope) but for the next year or so, throwing on the run will become more of a standard operating procedure. If Kellen Moore can throw accurately on the run, then he could do well. It also helps that height isn't as much of as issue for a roll-out passer (e.g., Doug Flutie).

Well lets see

He is s senior .

He will graduate so wonderloc just a formality.

He has started for not 3 but for 4 years so check.

He has 50 freaken wins,thats more than twice what Parsell looks for.

Now as far as arm strength goes,again he has 50 wins and he is not a running QB.

Now compare him to any past or present college QB.Oh that right no college QB has ever had 50 wins.

Now his loses there were 3.Thats right in 4 years his team lost 3 games.This years loss was by one point.

I've seen this cat several times over the years. He looks to me like he's very accurate. He can make all the throws. Long, short, fade, screen, back shoulder, everything. According to espn.go.com, he's 6' 1" 191. According to NFL.com, Drew Brees is 6' 0" 209. Can 18 pounds really make that much difference?

I think Moore will be the next Drew Brees. he is the same size, and has the same tools. When Brees came out of college, he had the same knocks as Moore has now. Too small, system QB etc. And yet, all brees has done is play great Football. Why teams over think things is beyond me. Great players play great football, and make great plays. Will Moore be a Great Player? I dunno, but i would draft him based on his ability, and give him a chance to become great.

I think Moore will be the next Drew Brees. he is the same size, and has the same tools. When Brees came out of college, he had the same knocks as Moore has now. Too small, system QB etc. And yet, all brees has done is play great Football. Why teams over think things is beyond me. Great players play great football, and make great plays. Will Moore be a Great Player? I dunno, but i would draft him based on his ability, and give him a chance to become great.

Moore could be a great QB. I'm no expert, and even the experts are no real experts given the high bust rate for high-pick QB's. But Brees is a huge exception. And even in his case, it took until his 4th year before he became good. By that time, Bills fans would have long-since run him out of town.