Stevie Johnson WGR

ET1062

Oh for the love of God...

There are a million different reasons why he would've been a no show, and most of them have nothing to do with immaturity. He's got two little kids. Maybe one of them has the flu and he's been cleaning up barf and diarrhea all day. We just don't know. What is it with Bills fans who complain about the lack of talent and then want to run the talented players out of town for dumb reasons?

Steve is gone. The only way the Bills can keep him (word is 3 other teams are interested in him)is the franchise tag.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a million different reasons why he would've been a no show, and most of them have nothing to do with immaturity. He's got two little kids. Maybe one of them has the flu and he's been cleaning up barf and diarrhea all day. We just don't know. What is it with Bills fans who complain about the lack of talent and then want to run the talented players out of town for dumb reasons?

The funniest part is how there's a weekly thread on how bad WGR sucks and only program garbage, but then these same people slam stevie for no-showing WGR.

I generally agree. I will say though that there might be a good reason for today but Stevie is picking up patterns of behavior as he's in the public eye more. He's had a lot of "we don't know what's really going on" moments for a guy that's only been in the spotlight a tiny bit over a year. Not saying get rid of him - just pointing that out.

I generally agree. I will say though that there might be a good reason for today but Stevie is picking up patterns of behavior as he's in the public eye more. He's had a lot of "we don't know what's really going on" moments for a guy that's only been in the spotlight a tiny bit over a year. Not saying get rid of him - just pointing that out.

This.

I don't listen all the time, but it seems to me when I happen to have GR on at 4PM or so on Monday's that Stevie is either MIA or late to the call.

I still want him back, for WR #15-20 type money, but he does do a lot of questionable things.

Do you also make excuses for him when he drops game winning TD's? How about when he dances like a fool and gets a 15 yard penalty? Bottom line, regardless of you like WGR or not, he has a signed contract with them and blows them off and has been unprofessional all season long. If he had a sick kid, be responsible and call and say, sorry my kid is sick and I cant make it this week instead of being a no show. Stop making excuses for him!

Do you also make excuses for him when he drops game winning TD's? How about when he dances like a fool and gets a 15 yard penalty? Bottom line, regardless of you like WGR or not, he has a signed contract with them and blows them off and has been unprofessional all season long. If he had a sick kid, be responsible and call and say, sorry my kid is sick and I cant make it this week instead of being a no show. Stop making excuses for him!

Am I right that it seems to happen all the time? I've probably only been listening maybe 5-6 times at the time he's supposed to be on, but there always seems to be some delay or no show at all.

IDK, I think this stuff with the radio show is quality due diligence, just like his on-field behavior, his propensity to come up short in big situations .... AND his ability to essentially take the best DB in the league to the woodshed.

Stevie strikes me as a young guy with a lot of football potential who needs some serious guidance and grooming from a veteran player. I don't have a problem with the guy having a burning desire to be noticed, it's just that he should try to focus on being noticed for the right things ... like smoking Revis on the field .... not the bush league antics or the pseudo-celebrity act.

We aren't letting Johnson walk guys. If they don't have a deal worked out in time he WILL receive the franchise tag. Bank on that.

No they wont' bank on that. He isn't worth it and Nix and Gailey know it. They are not going to slap this #2 WR who is an immature punk that can't be counted on in crunch time a ton of money or Tag him.

We aren't letting Johnson walk guys. If they don't have a deal worked out in time he WILL receive the franchise tag. Bank on that.

yep. franchise him for a year and see how/if Easley develops and if Parrish and Jones turn out better.. Easley, Parrish and Jones and complete unknowns under contract right now. They think they are good at WR , if they are, then franchise Stevie and then sign him based on how the year goes. He is an idiot, but the NFL is not a boys choir.

Exactly...we don't own the guy...my goodness.......Bills have to be the only small market team that has the biggest history of running talent out of town....

Question!...why isn't Stevie a top 10 wr again?

I mean when u consider Fitz struggles....the inconsistant play from the other wr's...and losing fred for a season...and when u factor in the offensive scheme.... and when u roll last year number with this year name 10 better wr's?

A link is not my source.

The guy from the Zelda video games?

Exactly...we don't own the guy...my goodness.......Bills have to be the only small market team that has the biggest history of running talent out of town....

Question!...why isn't Stevie a top 10 wr again?

I mean when u consider Fitz struggles....the inconsistant play from the other wr's...and losing fred for a season...and when u factor in the offensive scheme.... and when u roll last year number with this year name 10 better wr's?

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Andre Johnson

4. Wes Welker

5. Roddy White

6. Vincent Jackson

7. Greg Jennings

8. Marques Colston

9. Mike Wallace

10. Dwayne Bowe

11. AJ Green

12. Anquan Boldin

Fitzgerald ..... in the last two seasons have 155 catches ..... Stevie 150 .....

Fitzgerald ....in the last two season ....13tds ..... Stevie 16tds

Fitzgerald has more yards and yards per catch...but they are in two different system with two different type of qb's .....

But I agree don't pay Stevie...let him walk...because he is immature and doesn't show up autograpgh signings

Edited by EldaBillsFan

Fitzgerald 2008 - 12 TDs

Fitzgerald 2009 - 13 TDs

Fitzgerald has 5 seasons with 90 or more catches, Stevie has none.

Didn't say they shouldn't retain Stevie, just that there are more than 10 WRs better than him in the league. Including Larry Fitzgerald by a long shot.

Edited by Carey Bender

A few weeks back he(Johnson) was contracted for around 9 grand to sign at a rochester car dealer for a couple of hours. Fred Jackson also was there. Johnson was a no show. Freddie saved the guys butt and signed for over 2 hours longer than he was contracted.He signed for every single person who wanted one. The car dealer gave Fred a huge bonus. Stevie Johnson never even called with an apology. He did say he had a flat tire. Apparently new range rovers have crappy tires and no way to change them. That's the tale of two men.

Or should I say the tale of one man, and a self absorbed jerk.

Well, at least he's not blaming God anymore. Or maybe there was a "miscommunication"?

Did anyone her the explanation for the dropped pass "miscommunication"?

Fitzgerald ..... in the last two seasons have 155 catches ..... Stevie 150 .....

Fitzgerald ....in the last two season ....13tds ..... Stevie 12tds

Fitzgerald has more yards and yards per catch...but they are in two different system with two different type of qb's .....

But I agree don't pay Stevie...let him walk...because he is immature and doesn't show up autograpgh signings

The names that Carey Bender listed are all great WRs, but context has to be taken into account. If Stevie was on the Saints or Patriots, he'd be a household name. I have no doubt about it.

And Stevie has 16 TDs and counting over the last two seasons.

Stevie blew off his weekly Monday show on WGR this week and was supposed to make it up today at 4 pm, he is once again a no show.

When he has been on this season, he calls from a cell phone without any reception and he cuts out time after time again. Instead of learning from his mistakes and calling from a land line, he continued to call from a bad cell.

Is stint on WGR this season and today shows just how immature and unprofessional he is in my opinion.

Name 10 people you know who still own a landline...

Fitzgerald ....in the last two season ....13tds ..... Stevie 12tds

Interesting. He should walk because he missed one autograph signing at a car dealership?