Buddy Nix

156 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Buddy Nix

How does this man qualify as a decent head coach? 4-12 last year 5-11 this year

worse then Jauron any way you shape it

Yes, because a good coach should be able to lead players with the ability of orange cones to victory.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many of those are short sighted and either lazy or unintelligent to include. Signing Williams blew up in their face? Never picking up a qb? Who did you want and at what pick? Since when was brad smith a big signing? Did I miss the part where an under 4m a year was that noteworthy? Why Should gronks hometown effect our draft ranking?

2 of your good players are listed as failed signings!

I had 3 categories in the post.. bad moves... moves I wasn't sure about... and moves that seem to be backfiring. The main blame (and basis for grade) goes into the first Bad Moves category, everything else is just supporting evidence

-- I put the Williams signing in the backfiring category where as soon as they give him big money, he went out for the year

-- I also put not picking the QB in the 2nd category, there's no options other than Fitz

-- Brad Smith signing was biggest Free Agent signing. $4M is a lot of money for a Wildcat QB that we've abandoned, a KR that no long returns kicks and a player who is our 5th choice for receiver. We would have had more utility out of keeping Hangartner

How does this man qualify as a decent head coach? 4-12 last year 5-11 this year

worse then Jauron any way you shape it

Believe it or not I think that Gailey has been given far less help from Nix than Jauron got from Levy, et. al. With Jauron the Bills picked up several free agents like Stroud, Florence, Walker, Dockery, Hangartner, Owens, etc. Not all were great, but they were better than undrafted free agents and 7th round draft picks that the Bills start now. However, I am very concerned with how clueless Gailey looks right now and how he seems to have lost the team.

really good points, except for getting beat by teams aren't very good ? Who is good and who is bad in the NFL this year ? Packers, Steelers, Patriots, maybe 49ers - that does it

You make a good point, but the one thing that really strikes me over this losing streak is that the teams that beat (read destroyed) us were all on the ropes until they played the Bills

-- Jets couldn't move offensively and were questioning whether Sanchez was a bust until they played us and then he looked like a Pro Bowler moving them down the field like Tom Brady

-- Dolphins record was pathetic until they played us and blew us out (2x now)

-- Titans had a terrible record and owned us

-- Cowboys were struggling and questioning Romo's future until they played us and he "Sanchezed" the Bills 'D'

-- Chargers and Rivers were struggling mightily losing several straight games until they played us

As we were moving toward this part of the schedule the talk on this board was that each of these games were winnable, now that seems so laughable as they weren't even competitive.

I'm already afraid of the Bronco's now where Tebow will likely earn his first blowout victory, no need for 4th quarter miracles...

Edited by cage

No, but you can get some FAs to hold down the fort while the rookies develop.

And that is how you maintain the consistent 7-9, 8-8 records that Donahoe/Levy gave us over the last decade.

A true rebuild comes with taking your lumps in the beginning.

They CLEANED HOUSE in both the Front Office and Roster. They did not take a 7-9 team and make them 4-12. They took an EMPTY team and started over. New FO, new Coaching, new players, new philosophy, etc. Let the kids like Dareus and Stevie make this THEIR team.

We have 6 rookies getting serious play time this year. That is how you develop them. Sitting behind highly-paid FAs doesnt do anything except get you to another 7-9 record.

Tell me, when the season is over, what is the difference between 5-11 and 8-8? If you aren't making the playoffs, who cares about 1 or 2 more losses?

Believe it or not I think that Gailey has been given far less help from Nix than Jauron got from Levy, et. al. With Jauron the Bills picked up several free agents like Stroud, Florence, Walker, Dockery, Hangartner, Owens, etc. Not all were great, but they were better than undrafted free agents and 7th round draft picks that the Bills start now. However, I am very concerned with how clueless Gailey looks right now and how he seems to have lost the team.

What is it with you homers making excuses for this head coach...now he isn't winning because of the talent!!! All the stars on this team were there before Nix- Gailey got here (save Darius)

Did the man not inherit a 6-10- 7-9 team on the verge of being good? All he has accomplished has made the team worse in almost every area. If a HC looks over a player and doesn't approve of them he can cut them, bench them, do whatever. Nix brought in Cornell Green and Gailey started him! He couldn't see in preseason that the guy was teribad?

He has taken the players Jauron had and done worse with them.How long is it going to take to sink in... that this HC sucks worse then Jauron?

This thread is about the GM, and you just made my point that this GM stinks and deserves an F for failure.

Edited by Fear the Beard

What is it with you homers making excuses for this head coach...now he isn't winning because of the talent!!!

Did the man not inherit a 6-10- 7-9 team, did he not have two years to draft-trade-find free agents, I mean wtf!

How long is it going to take to sink in... that this HC sucks worse then Jauron?

sorry, but Jauron didn't suck either. He was also saddled with a bad team. No, coaching hasn't been the problem. People who want to blow things up every couple years and start over are the problem.

And that is how you maintain the consistent 7-9, 8-8 records that Donahoe/Levy gave us over the last decade.

They CLEANED HOUSE in both the Front Office and Roster. They did not take a 7-9 team and make them 4-12. They took an EMPTY team and started over. New FO, new Coaching, new players, new philosophy, etc. Let the kids like Dareus and Stevie make this THEIR team.

We have 6 rookies getting serious play time this year. That is how you develop them. Sitting behind highly-paid FAs doesnt do anything except get you to another 7-9 record.

Tell me, when the season is over, what is the difference between 5-11 and 8-8? If you aren't making the playoffs, who cares about 1 or 2 more losses?

I think you misunderstand. I never said to sit the rookies. The guys we have playing next to them are my issue.

sorry, but Jauron didn't suck either. He was also saddled with a bad team. No, coaching hasn't been the problem. People who want to blow things up every couple years and start over are the problem.

wow, your credibility just went into the toilet with that statement...:doh:

In case you missed it, after Marv Levy retired Dick Jauron was the HC & de facto GM. All the player moves were made by jauron from 2008 thru 2009.

Also in case you missed it, the coaching (or lack of quality coaching) has been the biggest problem with this franchise for the last decade.

wow, your credibility just went into the toilet with that statement...:doh:

In case you missed it, after Marv Levy retired Dick Jauron was the HC & de facto GM. All the player moves were made by jauron from 2008 thru 2009.

Also in case you missed it, the coaching (or lack of quality coaching) has been the biggest problem with this franchise for the last decade.

Oh that hurts from an anonymous poster who never had credibility.

Buddy Gets a D- at best.

The 2 Key things that lead to this grade.

1. Chan Gailey has been mediocre at best. There were better candidates for the job. (a) Here's a guy who thought Trent Edwards was good enough, Didn't want Whitner or Maybin on the Field. Both of the latter are impact players on their new teams. (b) The conversion of the 3-4 Defense, when the personal isn't there.

2. Non existant Free Agency signings. I don't care what you say Buddy. You need FAs who have been on winning teams to bring along the young draftees. You got some good out of Merriman earlier this season, look at how much better they played with Merriman in there. He held everyone accountable, now you don't have him there, and look how bad this team looks now. You Need FAs to turn around the mind set of the young players.

Oh that hurts from an anonymous poster who never had credibility.

I was being nice,...stating that Jauron didn't suck must be the singular most stupid statement I've ever read on this board in all my years of reading this forum. :lol:

And Chan gailey is far worse then Jauron ever was...

Jauron was HC of the Buffalo Bills from 2006-2009 going 24-33

Chan gailey HC 2010-2011 is currently 9- 21 and if the losing steak continues the next 2 games he will have lost 9 straight, 2 years at 9-23

Dick Jauron was a bad head coach in just about every sense that coach can be bad, it was the reason he was FIRED!!!

I gave Nix a "C" grade which to me is an easy way out, but it's also appropriate. It is too early to give him anything more or less. The drafts have been middle of the road, hiring Gailey immediately improved the offense but now with the injuries piled high, it's hard to tell if his system is no longer effective or if the injuries are simply too much to overcome. Allowing Gailey to hire Edwards as his DC is a poor decision, while hiring Dave W. was a good hire, it's hard to know exactly what his influence has been on a absolutely miserable Defense!!! And, while the BILLS have done a good a job of locating talent in the late rounds of the draft and in the UDFA, they have been extremely apathetic toward getting good FAs in here, save Nick Barnett, toward rebuilding a team in desperate need of talent on the Defense. So, drafting is too soon to give him a solid grade or detract too much in the negative direction, coaching has been a wash, front office has been mediocre as it took him too long to fire the previous scout staff but a good hire in Whaley from the Steelers organization.....what awaits Nix in deciding what his legacy will be and if he'll have a future beyond this off-season is what happens with the current coaching staff, FA, and draft....once 2012 is half-way through the season, we'll know if Nix is for real or if he is past his time....

Doc, this sounds like what I want to hear, but here is the fatal flaw: the FO will not keep developing players. When they start to ask for substantial contracts, the FO will cut them and find some spin to make this acceptable. Stevie is too immature, Dareus doesn't fit a new scheme, whatever. They'll trade Spiller for a 4th round pick, and he'll go to another team and light it up (and earn a substantial contract). Tell me I'm wrong?