1st half Tennessee: 11 car. 80 yards 1 TD

2nd half Tennessee: 3 car. 3 yards

1st half MIA: 8 car. 64 yards 1 TD

2nd half MIA: 4 car. 27 yards

Way to go Chan!

Fitz pass attempts 2nd half Tennessee: 25

Fitz pass attempts 2nd half Miami: 34 :unsure:

Edited by Kaenon

Great thread and agree with both above posts.

Gailey's excuse about being behind is baloney. When you look at the play summary of both games mentioned by the OP, very little of the games occurred at a point where the Bills had to abandon the run.

In other words, Gailey abandoned the run without compelling cause in both games.

With regard to Graybeard, I agree Freddie was overused and it contributed to the premature end to the season. Now Spiller is underutilized.

Finally, would someone please explain to me why a team with injuries at offensive line and wide receiver, a team which plays in inclement weather late in the year, and whose quarterback is banged up and who has one of the biggest offensive lines in the league would regularly abandon the run and go pass happy?

Am I incorrect that offensive lines likes to run block more than pass block because it allows them to be aggressive and be on the attack instead of on the defense?

Can someone explain why we line up in empty sets with 5 wideouts when we're in the red zone when having 5 receivers running around in a compressed field is a situation which only a very few QBs can handle effectively?

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Spiller only got 12 carries on a day where Reggie Bush of all people had 25 carries for over 200 yards?

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Spiller only had 14 carries on a day where Chris Johnson (who's smaller than Spiller) had 23 carries for 153 yards?

What am I not getting here?

It is really odd. Gailey wouldnt do that with Jackson. It might be he doesn't have much faith in cj and the defense and too much faith in Fitz. But whatever the reasoning is, Chan was wrong to stop feeding spiller. Especially when the passing game gives up all those turnovers.

Which is yet another irony surrounding Spiller and Gailey.

You won't convince me that Nix drafted Spiller without Gailey's blessings.

And yet Gailey is now underutilizing a highly-drafted and oft-criticized pick that could make he and Nix look like they knew what they were doing in the first place.

I'd love to hear the Nix-Gailey post-game conversation.

Gailey's excuse about being behind is baloney. When you look at the play summary of both games mentioned by the OP, very little of the games occurred at a point where the Bills had to abandon the run.

In other words, Gailey abandoned the run without compelling cause in both games.

With regard to Graybeard, I agree Freddie was overused and it contributed to the premature end to the season. Now Spiller is underutilized.

Finally, would someone please explain to me why a team with injuries at offensive line and wide receiver, a team which plays in inclement weather late in the year, and whose quarterback is banged up and who has one of the biggest offensive lines in the league would regularly abandon the run and go pass happy?

Am I incorrect that offensive lines likes to run block more than pass block because it allows them to be aggressive and be on the attack instead of on the defense?

Can someone explain why we line up in empty sets with 5 wideouts when we're in the red zone when having 5 receivers running around in a compressed field is a situation which only a very few QBs can handle effectively?

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Spiller only got 12 carries on a day where Reggie Bush of all people had 25 carries for over 200 yards?

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Spiller only had 14 carries on a day where Chris Johnson (who's smaller than Spiller) had 23 carries for 153 yards?

Add in our defense sucks and you would think you would want to play some ball control and not go 3 and out regularly.

I agree that Coach Gailey give up on the run too early. In both games we were behind in the 2nd half, but not by that much. Not so much that you had to score fast to catch. AND if our offense is matriculating down the field running the ball, our real weakness (defense) is off the field drinking gaorade. Sounds like a win win.

It's hard to be a pass happy team when your WRs are as bad as ours.

In his post game presser, Chan said that he doesn't think Spiller can carry the ball 25 times a game. That statement alone should get either him or Nix fired. It's bad enough Chan has kept George Edwards on his staff. But for Nix to draft a RB that high when the coach doesn't even think he's able to carry the load is pathetic.

Totally agree, I think Chan just likes to pass as Gildride and Martz did until strong HC's reigned them in. Actually Chan was a run first guy with Cower but now that he is in charge he is just pass happy. Why didn't we hire John Fox instead G Williams, things would have been different.

Totally agree, I think Chan just likes to pass as Gildride and Martz did until strong HC's reigned them in. Actually Chan was a run first guy with Cower but now that he is in charge he is just pass happy. Why didn't we hire John Fox instead G Williams, things would have been different.

Williams had a notebook of lists. Ralph knew Buddy.

Agreed -- I don't get it Chan. And then to top it off, Chan uses Choice when Spiller is running good????? His explanation really baffles me:

"We had a plan of certain packages that we were using C.J. and we were using Tashard in," Bills coach Chan Gailey said. "We knew we were going to use C.J. a lot in the passing game. We knew that was going to be part of it so we're trying not to wear the guy completely out. He's not the biggest back in the world. I don't think he can go out there and carry it 25 or 30 times."

Was Chan watching the game at all? Is Spiller that much different than Reggie Bush? Bush run all over us for over 200 yards. It would have been very helpful ifMiami didn't want to run Bush too uch because "he's not the biggest back in the world".

bc Chan loves to pass and thinks he is smarter then everyone else

its amazing that someone could actually be a worse head coach then Jauron

And where is the wild cat which was consistently getting us 4 yards a play early in the season. 15M wasted on Brad Smith.

In his post game presser, Chan said that he doesn't think Spiller can carry the ball 25 times a game. That statement alone should get either him or Nix fired. It's bad enough Chan has kept George Edwards on his staff. But for Nix to draft a RB that high when the coach doesn't even think he's able to carry the load is pathetic.

There are so many reasons for Chan to get fired.

1. Edwards as his DC

2. No balanced offense (Wasted 1st Rd pick on Spiller)

3. Wasted 15M on Brad Smith

4. Horrible supporting cast to Dareus (Horrible OLBs)

5. Sees that Fitz is in a funk, yet has not been able to correct it.

I still don't understand what they mean after the game "The loss is on me." What is the meaning of that...Are both Gailey and Fitz giving back money for every loss or guaranteeing that they will have a better effort the next week. If so, they have not done that and their post-game words mean a squat.