What did Jim Kelly say to Fitz on the sideline today?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right. I'm sorry. This team is full of leaders. I'm sure Chan Gailey can fix whatever is wrong and will have a good talk with him. Having words of encouragement from a Hall of Famer could do nothing good. Heck, it's not even worth Kelly's time trying. F-it, I'm with you. Lets just "get real" and give up.

BTW, TV would have showed Coaches talking to Fitz(ever watch a non-Bills game, coaches talk to QB's who are struggling and they show it on TV).

Your dreaming. There is nothing that anyone can "say" that would have changed a damn thing today. "Go get'em sport", "Hey, keep your head up", "You're a winner". Really man, it wasn't going to help even if Joe Montana suddenly appeared on the sidelines to talk to Fitz.

I hope your wrong, but no one should call you crazy for your suggestion that the Bills will make bad personnel moves. Only people who have not been paying attention the last 10 years could do that. I think that Fitz gets cut before the season, or is offered a restructured deal where they pay him less, and he goes back to his role as a backup. (which he is good at). I think the Bills sign Johnson and perhaps trade Jackson for another 1st rounder (he is getting older). Althoguh, I don't want to see that. Having a healthy Jackson and CJ producting would be fantastic.

I like Jackson too, but I agree with you that he is getting older. The Bills like Spiller and now have the Gailey grown Choice on the team. I think they trade him, but just like you I hope they dont. I dont see them cutting F$tz. They just believe he is having a bad half of the year, not using his history as a judge.

I think Kelly should stay out of it. It's humiliating to have some former player come by, in front of a crowd and on national televsion , grab your head to say "buck up little guy". He isn't a coach, and though many here think it's cool, I bet Jim Kelly wouldn't have liked it if OJ had come over to him, in his first season, to do that after an interception. It's belittling, though I don't think Kelly intended it that way (he just can't help himself).

I might be wrong. But isn't Kelly a paid (7 figure) ambassador for the Bills?

Wasn't that part of a contract he signed way back when he retired?

I think Kelly roams the sideline for more reasons than trying to cheer up a quarterback who sucks.

Former players either need to apply for coaching jobs or stay away. I don't see Niner greats Joe Montana, Steve Young or Jerry Rice on the field EVER at Niner home games. Until Kelly buys the team, or Thurman becomes the running backs coach then they need to stay away. The young players on this struggling team need to get through it on their own. They need to be booed, jeered when they deserve it.

Now one thing I would like to see is Talley as LB coach. Wannstedt, and Edwards aren't cutting it. Talley has said on Twitter that his dream was to coach. Chan needs to hire him, like yesterday.

Kelly didn't need that from some former player, he would get it from a coach or teamate. Fitz needs someone saying something to him. The Coaches are not. The other players are not. Time for some leadership. It's more an indictment of the current team and coaching staff that Kelly has to do this than it is belittling to Fitz.

Although I agree there is no apparent meaningful coaching going on, no-Kelly does not HAVE to do this. He should stay out of it and focus on putting together his "secret ownership group".

I might be wrong. But isn't Kelly a paid (7 figure) ambassador for the Bills?

Wasn't that part of a contract he signed way back when he retired?

I think Kelly roams the sideline for more reasons than trying to cheer up a quarterback who sucks.

I don't mind him being on the sidelines.

I think my point is clear, but you are missing it.

It is mostly the way he did it that bothered me too. If he just went over and said something to pick him up, well that's fine. But going over and turning Fitz's helmet up to look into his face was belittling. Like he was his father or something.

Edited by Matthews' Bag