We stink, but we could be 8-5 right now and stink

I think we should have beat Cinci.....17 point lead, couple bad calls, tuck rule away from that win.

Should have beat the Giants....had the ball in field goal range with under 3 minutes left and threw it away. Should've won.

Could have, maybe should have beat the Jets....Stevie Johnson's manic end zone deal and his dropped pass prevented that win.

My point is, yeah we're broken. We've lost so many guys to injury and have played rotten in a few games, and our record is 5-8. We could be 8-5, or realistically 7-6 and maybe not feel as badly as we do right now.

Question, and I seriously doubt that anybody is still reading this.....knowing that we're not a playoff team, are you okay finishing with 5-6 wins and picking in the top 10? I still go the the same place every week and sit with the same people, win or lose. We're fans.

outside of about three teams each at the top and bottom, the other twenty-six teams are all in the same boat

from one season to the next you can get anywhere from five to eleven wins, easy

in one season the bills went from one of those three teams at the bottom with no chance, to a surging middle of the pack team that if it hadnt suffered devestating injuries to its very best players would have at least been playing games with playoff implications these last few weeks

regardless of the disheartening collapse, this team still made major strides. another off season of drafting and free agent additions should put them squarely in the upper middle of teams fighting for a playoff spot, and an outside chance at a division title

one good effect of the injuries is that all the very young players are getting max playing time, and that will pay dividends next season as some of them become key reserves or even starters

so really, wins and losses for this team dont matter at all right now. there is no truth to momentum carrying over one season to the next. there IS truth to learning how to win, but you can get those lessons just as well in defeat as in victories, perhaps even moreso

i will root for them to win when my butt is in the chair on sundays, but when the game is over and they have lost, its probably even better

1324141539[/url]' post='2338092']

I think we should have beat Cinci.....17 point lead, couple bad calls, tuck rule away from that win.

Should have beat the Giants....had the ball in field goal range with under 3 minutes left and threw it away. Should've won.

Could have, maybe should have beat the Jets....Stevie Johnson's manic end zone deal and his dropped pass prevented that win.

My point is, yeah we're broken. We've lost so many guys to injury and have played rotten in a few games, and our record is 5-8. We could be 8-5, or realistically 7-6 and maybe not feel as badly as we do right now.

Question, and I seriously doubt that anybody is still reading this.....knowing that we're not a playoff team, are you okay finishing with 5-6 wins and picking in the top 10? I still go the the same place every week and sit with the same people, win or lose. We're fans.

Could just as easily be 2-11. Only wins that were more than a 7 point difference were KC and Wash. True story unfortunately. The Cinci game, you're spot on. Should've won. The nyj game, you only mention Stevie. Sure he dropped a ball. Then a couple plays later, he's wide open in the end zone and fitz throws the ball 3 yards behind him. In the NYG game, 2 deep balls thrown 5 yards short = 2 ints that lost the game. Fitz deserves some blame, especially if you're going to call out Stevie.

Edited by NewEra

Of course, take away a play from the Pats and Raiders games and we're 3-10 and howling. Even Philly was in doubt for a while. It seems like our close games about washed out this year.

This is true, but situations happen like that for all the teams in the NFL.

Look at Denver. They could have or should have lost to Miami, San Diego, NYJ, Minnesota & Chicago. Yet one or two plays were all it took and Denver is sitting where they are now.

Denver is the anti-Buffalo, in the sense that they have a TOUGH defense and a quarterback who is a competitive playmaker when the game is on the line and a smart coach who knows how to best use that QB's strengths. Our QB throws picks and bad passes when the game is on the line.

This is true, but situations happen like that for all the teams in the NFL.

Look at Denver. They could have or should have lost to Miami, San Diego, NYJ, Minnesota & Chicago. Yet one or two plays were all it took and Denver is sitting where they are now.

Of course, take away a play from the Pats and Raiders games and we're 3-10 and howling. Even Philly was in doubt for a while. It seems like our close games about washed out this year.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm in denial, though. At the time, we were playing a lot better than we are right now. We are not a playoff caliber team right now. Earlier in the year, when healthy, I think we could play with nearly anyone.

I think my point is that we stink right now, and as long as we stink I'm glad we're getting a good draft position out of it.

last year was way better than this year, footballs entertainment, and i was entertained nearly every game, and was glad we lost close ones at the end once i saw we were out of the playoff hunt. it made me relax and take it for what it was,like a great 3 hour movie with bad ending. But in the end i was happy we lost by a play or two, it meant a high pick in the draft. this year has ben far worse, we start out barely winning 4 nail bitters, then with 1st place in hand, we begin getting destroyed by average and good teams, now we have been out of it, but the games really suck and i just shake my head at what could have been. hope we go 5-11 with several last second game winning drops that keep us right there at 5 wins. Maybe next year we turn the corner.

Edited by loserlovers

Denver is the anti-Buffalo, in the sense that they have a TOUGH defense and a quarterback who is a competitive playmaker when the game is on the line and a smart coach who knows how to best use that QB's strengths. Our QB throws picks and bad passes when the game is on the line.

And despite all of those factors, Denver should or could have lost those 5 games I mentioned. The Broncos ended up winning those games, but they weren't exactly slam dunks.

My point was that any team could've lost games that they ended up winning.

Edited by Mark Vader

We are what we are. One thing is now crystal clear. The Chan/Nix regime we have found out is certainly not capable of a quick turnaround,

In fact we have regressed. The injury bug really cannot hold the blame for our suckitude. Nix has had two drafts and two

years to right the ship. he has failed to improve anything. The title GM must be very important to him. Obviously this is most likely his last

stop in football. He had a good career but sorry he just doesn't cut it as a NFL GM. Head of scouting yes. The dumpster diving mentality to keep bodies

on the roster has failed and he should man up and resign if he was ordered to fill out a roster like he has with a bunch of

nobody's. If he wasn't told to dumpster dive, then he should be fired for using that moronic approach. Could Hang and Evans

helped us win a couple more games. I'll bet they could have. The salary purge from those 2 players was spent where to improve our team?

It sure wasn't the Brad Smith signing.

Besides everywhere else our receiving corp sucks. Nothing against Easley but some people here view him as the answer,Based on what? A good pre season game against scrubs?

Because in 2 years of being in the NFL he has zero regular season catches. Parrish is a free agent next year. yea, he's injured a lot, but we could get him cheap and that guy

does not drop passes placed between his hands. Also, he is fearless. I will be stunned if we let him walk. He was a huge plus in gailey's system. BTW does our return game suck this year or is it just me?

Johnson will be Johnson, meaning expect heartbreak every

season when he personally loses at least one game all by himself because of his poor ball catching skills. Yep, they are poor. You either got them or you don't. That's why we got him in the 7th round. I do hope he comes back down to earth and accepts a offer that is fair for both sides. Franchise him? NO way! Ask Donte how holding out for the pie in the sky offer turned out. Before the Bills pulled their offer and had he kept his ego in check I believe he would be making around 2 million more than the 9ers pay him. No big loss for us that's for sure.

One last thing the college level spread offense is not all that impressive, but does play to Fitz's strengths and that is passes no longer than 10 yards. Spiller and

Brad Smith are not doing anything of value. Tyler thigpen would not even be on a NFL roster if he didn't have that amazing "success" (1-12 as a starter) with Gailey.

Sorry for the doom and gloom but our record puts us right where we belong. One of the perenial NFL bottom feeders, hoping one day to crawl out and be a 8-8 team. Pathetic.

Every team in the league has wins and losses that where decided by a play or 2

You're right. If we were 8-5 we would still suck and wouldn't as excited about what REALLY matters--the NFL DRAFT!!!! WOO HOO!!! The draft is like my daughter's kindergarten cheerleading team. At the end, everybody's a winner and gets a trophy. It isn't until years down the road that a girl realizes she is a crappy cheerleader or, in the Bills case, you drafted a bunch of stiffs. BRING ON THE DRAFT!!! :beer:

Same could easily be said last year. There were reasons we could have beaten the Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears last year. We would have beaten 4 playoff teams and finished 8-8. In the end, if we were 8-5 right now I think it would just set us up for heartbreak later in the season. I don't want to stink and have a good record because we were on a roll in some early season games. I want to actually be good and competitive on a consistent week to week basis whether or not that's even close to happening.

With this pathetic defense, we are lucky to have 5 wins. Edwards should have been fired after we got pushed around in the Jet's game in Buffalo. That started the downward slide from which we never recovered.

Edited by jkrules