We stink, but we could be 8-5 right now and stink

You could also say that the Bills should have lost to the Pats and the Raiders. They also had to hold off a terrible Philly team on a late rally so those arguments work both ways.

The Bills overachieved early this year. They are not a talented team. The decision to draft Spiller, Troupe and Carrington set this team back once again. Buddy Nix is a train wreck and he is showing why he was routinely passed on for a GM spot.

This team never recovered from the first Jets game. They simply did not have the mental toughness to handle such a "big game" loss. Then the injury situation kicked in and it was all over.

From the Jet game on it seemed that there was always a mistake being made on offense that stopped drives. A dropped pass here, a missed throw there, a missed block, a penalty. These are simple things that just don't happen on the Pats or Packers.

What this team needs to work on is their mental toughness. Hopefully they can add a couple of very good veteran free agent defensive players who know what to say and do after a big loss. That loss killed the whole team's confidence. If I were Chan, I'd tell them that confidence is 90% of the NFL game and that if they ever what to get to the top level they need to get over their disappointments, work twice as hard the next week and never again allow yourself to lose your confidence.

I think we should have beat Cinci.....17 point lead, couple bad calls, tuck rule away from that win.

Should have beat the Giants....had the ball in field goal range with under 3 minutes left and threw it away. Should've won.

Could have, maybe should have beat the Jets....Stevie Johnson's manic end zone deal and his dropped pass prevented that win.

My point is, yeah we're broken. We've lost so many guys to injury and have played rotten in a few games, and our record is 5-8. We could be 8-5, or realistically 7-6 and maybe not feel as badly as we do right now.

Question, and I seriously doubt that anybody is still reading this.....knowing that we're not a playoff team, are you okay finishing with 5-6 wins and picking in the top 10? I still go the the same place every week and sit with the same people, win or lose. We're fans.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real fans want their team to win every week. A true fan doesn't wish for their team to lose to get a better draft pick.

Edited by BuffaloWings

1324222252[/url]' post='2338444']

This team never recovered from the first Jets game. They simply did not have the mental toughness to handle such a "big game" loss. Then the injury situation kicked in and it was all over.

From the Jet game on it seemed that there was always a mistake being made on offense that stopped drives. A dropped pass here, a missed throw there, a missed block, a penalty. These are simple things that just don't happen on the Pats or Packers.

What this team needs to work on is their mental toughness. Hopefully they can add a couple of very good veteran free agent defensive players who know what to say and do after a big loss. That loss killed the whole team's confidence. If I were Chan, I'd tell them that confidence is 90% of the NFL game and that if they ever what to get to the top level they need to get over their disappointments, work twice as hard the next week and never again allow yourself to lose your confidence.

I agree that we couldn't recover from the jets game. But I don't think mental toughness was the reason. Rex Ryan Gameplanned is perfectly. The info was passed to his brother. The blueprint was made and everyone else followed suit. Since then, we've had one GOOD offensive game (jets). Maybe it's coaching. Maybe it's our qbs inability to do anything but throw 5 yard slants. Maybe it's the loss of Fred and wood. I'm sure it's a total of all the parts,'including mental toughness.

I agree that we couldn't recover from the jets game. But I don't think mental toughness was the reason. Rex Ryan Gameplanned is perfectly. The info was passed to his brother. The blueprint was made and everyone else followed suit. Since then, we've had one GOOD offensive game (jets). Maybe it's coaching. Maybe it's our qbs inability to do anything but throw 5 yard slants. Maybe it's the loss of Fred and wood. I'm sure it's a total of all the parts,'including mental toughness.

It was a bunch of things, but getting blown out by 3 mediocre teams in a row tells me that the main issue which derailed this team during that three game stretch was mental toughness. They simply were not mentally present in those games.