The worst game in Bills history

tennesseeboy

You must be kidding. Did you watch the Bills-Redskins SB? Notice it is never mentioned here.

Not even close to the worst, and was probably our best chance to win one, other than wide, well you know.

The onesided officiating alone prevents me from claiming this as the worst. Now the 52-17 or whatever

might very wll be the worst.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a bills fan since the day they came to buffalo. It occurred to me this morning that we might lose to the last place in the division qb'd by JP Losman. I can't think of anything worse that has ever happened including our two win season. Can anyone think of a game that would be as humiliating as that in all of bills history?

I think of the last game of the season when we played Pittsburg needed a win to make it to the playoffs (not sure of the date, but it was the Bledsoe era)). Pittsburg had clinched it's position so they played many, many back-ups and we still got whipped. That really hurt!

It's hard to not have a laundry list of embarrassing losses in the NFL

Funny, but it works better when you put it in quotations.

The 3rd & Final game played by replacement players in 1987.

6-3 overtime win for the Bills. 5 missed field goals, 5 interceptions, 9 fumbles (4 recovered by other team). QBs were a combined 37 of 85. 26 penalties were assessed.

Ah yes, the Todd Schlopy game… Lawrence Taylor lining up as a tight end… but as you said, it was replacement players so it almost doesn't count.

Quite the list of dirty laundry already listed. However, I didn't see the 2004 December game against the Steelers prectice squad mentioned.

Definitely at least honorable mention… because we were all so amped up with that long winning streak heading into the game and being at home and playing their reserves. I don't think anyone expected the outcome.

gee...I'm sorry I started this post. There were some really awful games. I discounted superbowls because even if it was a blow out..you got tot to the superbowl. Some of those other games were qualifiers. I thought of the year we opened the season with a 32-0 blowout of the patsies and ended it with a 0-32 game against the patsies as a possible nominee.

Yeah the Lawyer Milloy season. This year's season ender could get very ugly too.

True story...

over near Gate #6, there was this large group of fans who tailgated just inside the parking lot, right along those big yellow obstacle poles. their home base was this small red van truck, that was positioned to see the stadium scoreboard. they fashioned themselves table tops that sat on top of those big yellow poles and they had about 25 empty crown royal bottles lined up on the ground.

there was this guy, who would get on top of that van truck. he was shirtless and had pants on that were made out of the crown royal purple bags. at every miami game, he would have up there a 50 lb fish that they would abuse the hell out of. huge crowd encouraging him on. they would pour gasoline down the fish's mouth and set it on fire.....crowd going nuts chanting squish the fish.

ahhhh, good times.

That is a true story. Although there were usually more than 25 empty bottles of crown Royal. The "red truck" was really made into a converted urinal.

Wow. I was wondering if such a thing could actually be true. Every detail of that story is amazing.

i am older and without a doubt, the worst game i can remember is when daryle lamonica came back to buffalo in his first game as a raider, he lit the bills up big time! started the bills on one of the many slides into football "hell" that we have all grown accustomed to.

Edited by dwight in philly

PLEASE STOP THIS POST> I know I started it, but it is sooooooo...depressing. I remember the darryl lamonica game as well. This is the underside of being a bills fan.

PLEASE Bills...make this Miami game a decisive win and avoid competing for membership in the all time bad games crew.

Theres been alot but the one that sticks out most in my mind is the 2003 closer where we lost 31-0. Not the most heartbreaking loss but still pisses me off that we began the year on such a high by beating the Pats 31-0 only to have the favor returned. On paper we had a great contending team but we definately under-achieved to say the least.

i am older and without a doubt, the worst game i can remember is when daryle lamonica came back to buffalo in his first game as a raider, he lit the bills up big time! started the bills on one of the many slides into football "hell" that we have all grown accustomed to.

Good recall. That may have been the first "worst" game. Led to Joel Collier being fired and replaced by interim coach Harvey Johnson. I've never looked it up but Harvey may have the worst all-time won-loss record for NFL head coaches. Two stints as interim head coach with a stellar 2-23-1 record.

I have been a bills fan since the day they came to buffalo. It occurred to me this morning that we might lose to the last place in the division qb'd by JP Losman. I can't think of anything worse that has ever happened including our two win season. Can anyone think of a game that would be as humiliating as that in all of bills history?

I was at a game at the old rock pile in 1968 when Ed Rutkowski was the starting QB. As a QB Rutkowski was a good politician.

I was at a game at the old rock pile in 1968 when Ed Rutkowski was the starting QB. As a QB Rutkowski was a good politician.

I was there too, lol. At the Rockpile people threw beer bottles and my Dad's car was broken into. BTW, great post :wallbash: glad I read it.

I think it was in 1971 that the Bills played the then Baltimore Colts. They were so thoroughly outmatched that they had negative total yards at the half. They finished with less than 100 total yards in like a 43-0 loss.

I'd still though have to go with Super Bowl 27 as the most embarrassing because it was a Super Bowl.

I was at the Colts game, sitting in the end zone of the Rockpile. As I recall, James Harris was the Buffalo QB, and the game was played in a snowstorm (though I could be confusing that with a different equally humiliating loss).

Those late 1960s Bills were much worse the the mid-80s Bills or anything we have seen in the last decade. It doesn't make what we're suffering now good, but it's the plain truth.

You must be kidding. Did you watch the Bills-Redskins SB? Notice it is never mentioned here.

To me it's the first SB loss.

I was just at MetLife stadium on a tour and we went into the bowels of the beast.

The Giants trophy room is stunning - and huge.

Smack dab in the middle of it is a case with their three diamond studded Lombardis.

The one on the right should have a different home. :censored: