Boycotting the final three games

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon's doing a heckuva job so far. 41M profit in 2010 despite being one of the league's smallest franchises and losing 20% of their season ticket base. I'm sure Littmann's proud too.

Hell I could do that. Mr. Wilson carries no debt load at all. No magic to making money in that environment.

News Flash: NO ONE CARES THAT YOU ARE BOYCOTTING THE TEAM!!!!!

These whiney threads get more and more absurd/pathetic/laughable with each passing game.

You don't need anyone's permission to give up on a sports team. If, after 25 years, you have to resort to a "Dear John" letter on a fan message board, you have broader issues than the state of the Bills. I'm sure you wrote the same post last year and the year before. Please spare us.

SEE YA!

Hell I could do that. Mr. Wilson carries no debt load at all. No magic to making money in that environment.

Everybody just "knows" that "Wilson carries no debt at all" - - it's clearly the conventional wisdom. After all, he bought the franchise for less than what many new cars cost these days.

Only problem is, there is reason to believe the conventional wisdom is wrong. I don't know where Forbes magazine gets its data, but it is a pretty well respected source of business information. According to a Forbes article published this year, the Bills have an estimated 2011 franchise value of $792 million, and a debt to value ratio of 16%:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/30/nfl-valuations-11_Buffalo-Bills_301765.html

Footnote 3 of the article explains that the debt figure used to calculate the debt to value ratio includes stadium debt. But the Bills have no stadium debt.

So according to Forbes, the team has debt in 2011 of $792 million X 0.16 = $126,720,000. That's slightly more than their $121 million in estimated 2011 player expenses including benefits and bonuses (according to Forbes).

You want to boycot a team with 13 starters on IR. BRAVO!!!!

here is a :bag: for you to wear.

How many injuries did they have last year? How many injuries will they have next year?.. Who knows, but if they hit double digits again would a boycott be appropriate then?

Ah yes, the annual "boycotting the rest of the season" thread. A December tradition at TSW!!

I wonder why? Hmmm, it defies explanation!

Who really cares? If you're going to jump hurry up and do it so the next guy can take your place.

I hate that this team fell flat, once again. I gotta say we were "On Top O The World" there for the first six weeks. Come on, some love is better than none. Let's Go Buffalo! I actually sat in the Boss Hog Bowl when they got dismantled in Dallas, and I'm still here:)

Who really cares? If you're going to jump hurry up and do it so the next guy can take your place.

I hate that this team fell flat, once again. I gotta say we were "On Top O The World" there for the first six weeks. Come on, some love is better than none. Let's Go Buffalo! I actually sat in the Boss Hog Bowl when they got dismantled in Dallas, and I'm still here:)

That you, Ralph?

Owner of a broken heart [much better] then the owner of a lonely heart.

"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem. Failing to support the Bills by not attending games, is a self destructive over reaction to the problem of not winning. This franchise will win again. i share everyones frustration in losing, it sucks, but losing the team thru relocation to another city will be a thousand times worse.

#1- including Toronto, the Bills are the 4th Largest NFL Market. this is a very desirable franchise.

#2- the ONLY thing that would cause the Future owner of the Bills to consider leaving Buffalo is poor attendance.

#3- possesion is 9/10th's of law, it's our franchise to lose.

Agreed. I hate the losses, but still watch every week and travel to 3-4 games per season. Always have...always will. Maybe it's the tailgating and the friends I've made.

How many injuries did they have last year? How many injuries will they have next year?.. Who knows, but if they hit double digits again would a boycott be appropriate then?

I wonder why? Hmmm, it defies explanation!

GOOD DEPTH is what the team needs. Last season Jackson had trouble rushing the ball becasue the O Line was not that good. This year they DID improve and Fred X was doing great, that is until injuries hurt the O Line.

If you want to whine and cry because it makes you feel better go ahead.

I'm a die hard fan and would wear my cap and shirts even if they were winless

GOOD DEPTH is what the team needs. Last season Jackson had trouble rushing the ball becasue the O Line was not that good. This year they DID improve and Fred X was doing great, that is until injuries hurt the O Line.

If you want to whine and cry because it makes you feel better go ahead.

I'm a die hard fan and would wear my cap and shirts even if they were winless

I'm glad you like Bruce Willis movies, but that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

My first point was INJURIES are not an excuse. (for any reason -even lack of "GOOD DEPTH")

Secondly, my point was that 12 straight Decembers w/o any plyoff hopes can and will cause some fans to want to express distain & displeasure.

Now get the cap&shirt ready...Miami on the way!

Agreed. I hate the losses, but still watch every week and travel to 3-4 games per season. Always have...always will. Maybe it's the tailgating and the friends I've made.

:thumbsup:

I've been saying it for some time...if the, god forbid, the Bills were to ever leave Buffalo, I think, ultimately, what I would miss most is the camaraderie of other Bills fans, more than the team itself. The fans are the best thing about Buffalo Bills football.

Edited by Buftex