Cut Fitz

RyanC882

Fitz is not as inaccurate as alot of people are screaming about, he has no line and all teams are doing is standing up with their hands up in his throwing lanes which is causing him to pass around them to keep from getting swatted at the line. Its the same thing Our defensive line did against Brady and he threw four picks! Get off Fitz already he needs more help from the OTHERS on this team! This team is a few key players from a winning record providing they dont have to put another 14 players on IR again.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is not as inaccurate as alot of people are screaming about, he has no line and all teams are doing is standing up with their hands up in his throwing lanes which is causing him to pass around them to keep from getting swatted at the line. Its the same thing Our defensive line did against Brady and he threw four picks! Get off Fitz already he needs more help from the OTHERS on this team! This team is a few key players from a winning record providing they dont have to put another 14 players on IR again.

Fitz is streaky...sometimes he is very accurate, but, games like yesterday, he was just friggin' awful. Our recievers have enough problems on their own, but catching Fitz' underthrows, and grounders just insures that there is no yardage after the catch, if a catch is made. He has had off games before, but normally manages to correct the problems as the game goes on...yesterday was just bad. The line is what it is...there are lots of QB's in the NFL who play behind mediocre lines, and manage to move the ball. There have been numerous times over the course of this 6 game skid where Bills receivers have had the coverage beat, only to have Fitz overthrow them by a mile, or underthrow them, giving the defense the advantage. He has some work to do. I still like the guy, and I think he is a "stand-up guy" who will do what it takes to get better, but make no mistake, his inaccuaracy is a part of the problem.

Fitz is streaky...sometimes he is very accurate, but, games like yesterday, he was just friggin' awful. Our recievers have enough problems on their own, but catching Fitz' underthrows, and grounders just insures that there is no yardage after the catch, if a catch is made. He has had off games before, but normally manages to correct the problems as the game goes on...yesterday was just bad. The line is what it is...there are lots of QB's in the NFL who play behind mediocre lines, and manage to move the ball. There have been numerous times over the course of this 6 game skid where Bills receivers have had the coverage beat, only to have Fitz overthrow them by a mile, or underthrow them, giving the defense the advantage. He has some work to do. I still like the guy, and I think he is a "stand-up guy" who will do what it takes to get better, but make no mistake, his inaccuaracy is a part of the problem.

If we had Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, this team might be 6-7. Consequently, anyone who thinks this team is a QB away from being a contender is mistaken. The defense is so bad, that we are pretty much out of most games lately early in the second quarter. You cannot win if your offense needs to score 30 points a game or more, which is basically what the defense has demanded all year. The offense obliged early in the year, but asking an offense to score 30 points every week, especially when you are down 14/21/24 points early in the second quarter is absurd. Stick with the run? When you are behind by 14 and the other team scores on every possession--good luck with that. It is a vicious circle.

Fitzpatrick is a middle of the road QB, maybe top 15-- he is not paid like nor expected to be a "franchise QB." He is paid like, and expected to play like a Matt Cassell or Kevin Kolb or Joe Flacco, not a Brady or a Rogers or a Manning or even a Vick. He plainly is not nearly good enough to take this team on his back and win lots of games. But when the whole team is functioning, as it was in the first half of the season, you can win with Fitz and he might steal a game or two for you, and lose you one or two on a bad day like yesterday(although that game would have been lost even if Fitz had a good day IMO). Get a better defense and supporting cast on offense. A QB for the future is a luxury we can't afford right now. If you think this team would be rocking right now with a Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert or even Andy Dalton(what happened to him by the way), or next year with one of their 2012 counterparts, you are wrong.

I say don't cut him but he not a franchise QB, I said it before the season started,Don't get me wrong I like Fitzpatrick he a gutsy,tough QB but he is not a guy who can take you to a Superbowl, he like Frank Reich a guy who you can depend on when needed.

Fitzie is not good enuf to be a starting NFL QB period. Even when we were winning he was missing passes all over the field. His accuracy is erratic every single week. All of you apologists want to blame the defense. And our defense does suck. But Fitzy is decent on his best days, and nothing more. He has NO UPSIDE. He can not hit the deep ball with any consistency. We will NOT win with Fitzie as our guy. He throws like a backup, pure and simple. Worse than his arm, is his demeanor on the field. Where is his urgency? He plays with no tempo and fire. He seriously looks like he just doesn't care. And if I played for Chan Gailey, I probably would not care either. What a mess. Want to watch a good QB? yea we all know Brees, Rogers, Peyton, Brady. But watch Eli, there is a guy who is tearing it up this year. No comparison between he and Fitzie. You all want a backup to be our leader, by all means. But if any of you know football, you should be able to tell that Fitz is NOT THE GUY!!

To suggest "cutting Ryan " might help matters or teach a lesson is a bit out there.

He was throwing to a spot all day yesterday, whether a player had a chance of getting to it or not. Very strange. Or he cannot see the players on defense.

Are we creating throwing lanes as a good nfl line should? not sure. Are rec's running routes proper? maybe.

I think Ryan needs to see the play much better instead of expecting his receiver to Be There.

The great throw to stevie was actually all stevie. it was not a great throw. Ryan is not leading receivers. As matter of fact he was throwing them into danger against Miami.

He is not seeeing the play develop and adjusting. He is not being coached welli might say. That might be more of the problem than the individual players across this team. Think Maybin think spiller think smith

I like him "Fitzy" and we should keep him. But absolutely we are after the first Franchise guy we can get. This draft next draft we gotta get one.

Fill some more core positions asap while we shop.

F$tzmoney is the next Tom Brady. He is greatness. He will lead...........

Who the heck am I kidding. He was terrible when they picked him off the garbage pile. He is terrible now. He likes to help the other team win. The defense sucks but when you throw picks and cant sustain drives, the other team wins. Even in his Fitzmagic days earlier this year, the drives where quick, but they scored. You have to keep the ball away from the other guys QB. F$tz pushed for his contract cause he new the Bills where stuck, he looked pretty good, and knew that if he didnt get it done then, he would lose out on his cash. They probably would have only given him 5-6 mil a year.

So if I understand the Board correctly today, the best/simplest way to turn this team into a winner is to:

1. Fire the GM

2. Fire the Head Coach/staff

3. Cut the starting QB

And what would our expected record be next year??

Somewhere around 2-14...which, if you really WERE understanding the board correctly today, is perfect, because then we get to pick high in the first round and get better, because winning hurts the franchise.

these posts are lame, fitz is good, you seem to forget all the guys you all wanted run out who turned out better on other teams, fitz imo is in a very stupid offence. I hate the routes i see, and his recievers dont scare anyone into backing up, so they are always more covered. they dont play action, they rush the screens, they go empty which means its obviously a pass, and the oline isnt great. None of that is fitz. He does make some dumb throws deep sometimes when he needs 2 yards, but then we all loved when he used to connect on those. I think chans ruining him actually

these posts are lame, fitz is good, you seem to forget all the guys you all wanted run out who turned out better on other teams, fitz imo is in a very stupid offence. I hate the routes i see, and his recievers dont scare anyone into backing up, so they are always more covered. they dont play action, they rush the screens, they go empty which means its obviously a pass, and the oline isnt great. None of that is fitz. He does make some dumb throws deep sometimes when he needs 2 yards, but then we all loved when he used to connect on those. I think chans ruining him actually

F$tzmoney is in a Gailey offense that makes him look good. He can't throw down field accurately and he always tries to throw the ball into double/triple coverage. His passes have no spiral. He just chucks it. The WR have to go up and get them, or maybe dive, and get killed in the process. When the receiver is running down the field, he throws a lame duck in the air causing the WR to have to wait for the duck to land. He has a good arm from the -10 to 5 yard range when he dumped the ball off to Jackson. F$tzmoney is worth about 4-6 mil a year max and the Bills signed him for way to much.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....Ok now that I picked myself off the floor, what is it really you want to say? Oh that you have no clue about pro football! Fitz is a stop gap, plain and simple. As for his HUGE contract; not. It’s structured so the Bills can get out of it if they so desire next year without a big hit. Fitz will do just fine until a true franchise QB is drafted. In the meantime, build a freaking defense that can stop Winnie the Pooh from rushing for 628 yards a game and perhaps the Bills will not have to put the game on him ;).

Yes thank you, good post. It is getting just about unbearable to come on this site anymore due to the fact there are only a handful of posters on here that arent whining and crying and actually look at the whole picture and do so with intelligence.

Agreed. Can't believe how many fans cry and rip apart our own players wtf. If you think we can spend two picks in this years draft on qb's with the holes we have on defense I just can't agree with you.

If we had Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, this team might be 6-7. Consequently, anyone who thinks this team is a QB away from being a contender is mistaken. The defense is so bad, that we are pretty much out of most games lately early in the second quarter. You cannot win if your offense needs to score 30 points a game or more, which is basically what the defense has demanded all year. The offense obliged early in the year, but asking an offense to score 30 points every week, especially when you are down 14/21/24 points early in the second quarter is absurd. Stick with the run? When you are behind by 14 and the other team scores on every possession--good luck with that. It is a vicious circle.

Fitzpatrick is a middle of the road QB, maybe top 15-- he is not paid like nor expected to be a "franchise QB." He is paid like, and expected to play like a Matt Cassell or Kevin Kolb or Joe Flacco, not a Brady or a Rogers or a Manning or even a Vick. He plainly is not nearly good enough to take this team on his back and win lots of games. But when the whole team is functioning, as it was in the first half of the season, you can win with Fitz and he might steal a game or two for you, and lose you one or two on a bad day like yesterday(although that game would have been lost even if Fitz had a good day IMO). Get a better defense and supporting cast on offense. A QB for the future is a luxury we can't afford right now. If you think this team would be rocking right now with a Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert or even Andy Dalton(what happened to him by the way), or next year with one of their 2012 counterparts, you are wrong.

100 percent correct

Well said. The Bills definitely paid him too quickly (never give a midseason extension again) but he is definitely a middle of the road starter. If he was the Jets QB, they'd be in 1st. The highest drafted receiver he throws to is a 7th rounder.

Fitz will never be elite but he isn't the problem. This team just doesn't have the talent yet, especially with all the injuries. Fitz is the guy next year. However if a stud QB is there when we pick, the Bills better draft him.

I don't think Fitz is the main problem on this team. Far from it. That being said, it's not unthinkable that Fitz isn't the starter next year. Mostly that's due to contract. As others have pointed out, if Fitz is cut before Week 1 of next season, they don't pay him any more than the $10m bonus he got this year plus his ~3m contract. In other words, the extension the Bills gave him this year would simply amount to an acceleration of his current yearly salary to that of the extension. His reward was being paid $13m for this year's nice 5-2 start, nothing more.

If the Bills have him on the roster for Week 1, they owe him a $5m roster bonus plus his ~$8m yearly salary. If the Bills lose out with Fitz continuing to play poorly...nothing is certain. That would put us in position to get a top QB prospect, and it's possible Nix/Gailey fall in love with one and draft him.

If that's the case, it's possible the Bills cut Fitz to avoid the salary payment. Or to avoid the friction of the QB controversy. Now, with the new CBA and what's actually a reasonable yearly salary for a QB, they could keep them both. It just shouldn't be unthinkable if they don't. A lot will probably depend on the rest of the regular season, our draft selection, and the Nix draft board.

A few months ago it was such a nice thought to think Fitz was our answer. Not that he was a top 5 QB, but a top 10 guy that let's us focus on other problems. Hopefully we see some of that form to finish out the year. If not, there should be no shock if the QB changes. I mean look at the Redskins. They traded a second round pick for McNabb and gave him a nice big contract. He didn't even finish a single SEASON as the starter. Obviously was gone before the second season. Look at Cutler being shipped out of Denver despite being a 'franchise' QB. How about DelHomme's huge contract with the Browns - again, cut the very next year. Same with Brady Quinn. Kolb on the Eagles - oops, Vick is available, you're out after a year as well. Jimmy Clausen? Yep, you're our guy for Panthers...sorry, didn't realize Newton would be available; see ya. Hey Trent Edwards you're our starter week 1...hey Fitz, guess what you're the starter now! There just isn't a more unstable job in the what have you done for me lately league.

Edited by disco

And of those QB's behind mediocre lines, who do they have as a supporting cast? Our receivers are horrible and the amount of missed catches is incredible, there is absolutely no rhythm to this offense as of late. Fitz wasnt streaky early in the year, He will improve with some key players and a stable line, plus his work ethic

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....Ok now that I picked myself off the floor, what is it really you want to say? Oh that you have no clue about pro football! Fitz is a stop gap, plain and simple. As for his HUGE contract; not. Its structured so the Bills can get out of it if they so desire next year without a big hit. Fitz will do just fine until a true franchise QB is drafted. In the meantime, build a freaking defense that can stop Winnie the Pooh from rushing for 628 yards a game and perhaps the Bills will not have to put the game on him ;).

Yeah that. FWIW I think we have combined 5 posts. :worthy:

Edited by Uncle Joe

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....Ok now that I picked myself off the floor, what is it really you want to say? Oh that you have no clue about pro football! Fitz is a stop gap, plain and simple. As for his HUGE contract; not. It’s structured so the Bills can get out of it if they so desire next year without a big hit. Fitz will do just fine until a true franchise QB is drafted. In the meantime, build a freaking defense that can stop Winnie the Pooh from rushing for 628 yards a game and perhaps the Bills will not have to put the game on him ;).

LMAO I can definetley see Pooh running through that Defense!!!! :worthy::worthy: