2012 1st two picks

bisonbrigade

I'll see your 2 and raise you 3 more...

1. Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina (This guy is Megatron without the world class speed)

2. Vinny Curry OLB Marshall (6'5" 255 with speed and pass rushing ability..excellent in run defense)

3. Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin (Switched from RT to LT to take Carimi's place...has really impressed scouts with his well-rounded game)

4a. Dontari Poe NT Memphis (6'5" 350....massive load in the middle of that 3-4 defense)

4b. Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma (5'11" 192..aggressive tackler and very sound in coverage)

1. Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina (This guy is Megatron without the world class speed)

2. Vinny Curry OLB Marshall (6'5" 255 with speed and pass rushing ability..excellent in run defense)

3. Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin (Switched from RT to LT to take Carimi's place...has really impressed scouts with his well-rounded game)

4a. Dontari Poe NT Memphis (6'5" 350....massive load in the middle of that 3-4 defense)

4b. Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma (5'11" 192..aggressive tackler and very sound in coverage)

Nice picks Johnny, Definitely like the Poe pick and am not sold on Jeffery yet as he didn't stand out in the games I watched but with a good bowl game I might be convinced.

1. OJB Courtney Upshaw 6'2" 268 (reminds me of Terrell Suggs who isn't overly flashy but is still a beast and upshaw has been great on a great team for years whereas Mercilus has got one year wonder hanging over him, although I would be cool with if we take him.

2. QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 (I talked about him on here a lot already but he has the arm, smarts, wheels and brains and will be an elite QB in the NFL, hopefully for us.)

3. Poe (what you said ... I think he will go in the third maybe second so am taking him here. Could you imagine our line with 340 Lb Dareus and 345 Lb Heard flanking him at ENDs :devil: :devil: :devil: insert evil laugh now)

4. LOT Andrew Datko 6'6" 321 (was highly ranked at the beginning of the season but injuries have dropped his stock so he could be a steal.)

4. Flemming (I'll take your word on it.)

Speed is what our WR corps lacks right now. We've got a bunch of nice big guys with hands but no serious deep threat to stretch the field.

I don't see OT as a priority unless we're thinking Bell is going to get hurt every year.

If u can take a top WR you have to take him at 1.....

Then load up on defense....

I love Dareus...but last year I said take Green and then load up on defense.....

I disagree -- look at the most prolific pass offenses in the league -- Green Bay, New Orleans, and New England. None of them have wideouts taken in the top half of the draft. I'm not sure any of the receivers were taken in the first round. Of course they have the 3 best QB's in the league. So -- is it the wideouts or is it the QB's. I think it's the QB that can make a decent wodeoout very good and a poor QB can make a great wideout average.

I want defense -- pass rushing OLB, and a cornerback. I'd also like to be in a 4-3, but that's a different thread.

Whitney Mercilus is the stud OLB that the Bills need. Plus he has a great name.

highlights

Dwight Jones is a stud reciever who the Bills should draft in the second round. Single handed destroyed Florida St in 2010.

highlights.

i had not seen any highlights of Whitney Mercilus before. What impressess me is that he does not "overpersue" which is common for defensive ends. He seals off the end, then goes after the play. And when he was called to rush the passer, he got there and forced a fumble. Seems like a skilled guy who understands the fundementals. These types of guys are rare.