Graham Harrell

packfntk

on Twitter Pete Dougherty wrote:

Packers promoted Graham Harrell to 53-man roster because Buffalo tried to sign him to its 53 this week.

Looks like the Bills tried to snag one of the Packers players. Packers are going to need him next year when we lose Flynn.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At 12-0, this is the honorable thing for the Packers to do.

Why ship off a guy who has the opportunity to be a part of something special--an undefeated team that gets a ring. It would be a shame to send him packing for a place like Buffalo at this point in 2011.

I imagine the Packers brass made a gentlemen's agreement that come next year he'll be gone and we can nab him then, or he can be had for a 7th round pick.

Why ship off a guy who has the opportunity to be a part of something special--an undefeated team that gets a ring. It would be a shame to send him packing for a place like Buffalo at this point in 2011.

I imagine the Packers brass made a gentlemen's agreement that come next year he'll be gone and we can nab him then, or he can be had for a 7th round pick.

Good theory.

What deal do you think they made with the guy they cut to keep him?

Yeah, agreed. But I can't agree on the final statement. He will most likely be our backup QB next year since Matt Flynn will most likely get an opportunity elsewhere.

Harrell played out of the spread in college, and perhaps they view Brad Smith's move to WR as permanent. Or perhaps they've been underwhelmed by Thigpen.

I agree, Smith has played well at WR over the past two games, and i think Chan will keep him there for the remainder of the season. He's got more speed on the outside than Naaman(who shouldn't be starting anyways), and Nelson belongs in the slot. As long as Smith continues to make plays, I think he's the one who belongs opposite of Stevie.

With that established, we're left with only Thigpen backing up Fitz, who has done nothing to show he's capable of running the offense effectively, let alone winning any games. Harrell had a stellar college career, and at this point nobody knows what his future in the NFL will be. Why not try bringing him in and seeing what he's got?

This is what I mean when I mention this team has no plan or direction. Why bring in a QB that probably can't throw the ball farther than 45 yards with a good windup. Why would the Bills entertain any thought of this guy? What is he, the second coming of Kelly Holcomb? How does he make the team better? I agree that the Bills have no legitimate backup at QB, but Graham Frickin Harrell? Oh my God, Buddy... please, set your sights a little higher, dare to be at least adequate.

I guess, welcome to a preview of the 2012 Bills season, same as the last 12 seasons. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

This is what I mean when I mention this team has no plan or direction. Why bring in a QB that probably can't throw the ball farther than 45 yards with a good windup. Why would the Bills entertain any thought of this guy? What is he, the second coming of Kelly Holcomb? How does he make the team better? I agree that the Bills have no legitimate backup at QB, but Graham Frickin Harrell? Oh my God, Buddy... please, set your sights a little higher, dare to be at least adequate.

I guess, welcome to a preview of the 2012 Bills season, same as the last 12 seasons. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Your signature = FAIL

Huh? The Packers think well enough of him to keep him, do they seem like a team with "no plan or direction"?

Whats wrong with bringing in a guy to be 3rd sting who has the experience of running a spread offense similar to the one being run in Buffalo? Yeah, this was a terrible idea...

I like the move, too bad we didnt get him

Plus hes been tutored by one of the better QB coaches in the league for a few years... its a low risk move worth a look

Eh I mean Buddy asleep at the wheel