Marshawn

My favorite kind of thread. I stuck up for Marshawn constantly when he was here. A lot of the allegations against him were flawed, at best, but everybody was sure of the terrible guy he was. Now they bash the FO for the trade.

When is the Maybin thread coming? Our team has no pass rush and we gave up on 23 year old, who is a part time player and has 5 sacks.

The CJ thread will be interesting when he is running and catching balls all over the !@#$ing place for some other team, and the same posters bitching today are crying that we let him go.

This was a lot more fun when we were winning.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mean by Spiller being the problem is with the 3 backs in this discussion, he so far below Jackson and Lynch it isn't even close. And as far as him starting, he was and couldn't handle it, that is when Jackson took over and took off so to speak. The only Pro Bowl back that Spiller has ever had in front of him is Lynch and that was for a handful of games last year before Nix traded him for peanuts. You are a serious Spiller fan if you accuse any back of being more of a dancer then he is, he might as well have tap dance shoes on instead of cleats out there.

CJ Spiller is also....BY FAR the back to get the least chances to prove what he can do......the other backs have received a steady dose of carries no matter how well they played (and Lynch has had some dreadful outings)

CJ Spiller is a dancer.....but is improving in that area. I was impressed with the way he was hitting it up into the hole the last game even though it simply wasn't working for him (his coach later on said he wished he WOULD have tried to go outside a bit more)

I am giving CJ till the end of the year before I make a decision on him......he simply has not been given the chances to make the decision at this point.

My favorite kind of thread. I stuck up for Marshawn constantly when he was here. A lot of the allegations against him were flawed, at best, but everybody was sure of the terrible guy he was. Now they bash the FO for the trade.

When is the Maybin thread coming? Our team has no pass rush and we gave up on 23 year old, who is a part time player and has 5 sacks.

The CJ thread will be interesting when he is running and catching balls all over the !@#$ing place for some other team, and the same posters bitching today are crying that we let him go.

Well we have Spiller now and I have high hopes for him until the torch carrying "he's a bust before he's even gotten a chance whiners" run him out of town and the Bills use ANOTHER 1st round pick to get a replacement RB. And round and round it goes :wallbash:

Edited by PDaDdy

Yeah, Maybin had 0 in 2 years with us and has 5 in like 40 plays with the Jets. You think some defensive coordinators know how to use palyers ti their stregths and others do not? Change coaching staffs and some guys will flourish. The Bils don't tgetthsi and dump the young guys instead.

You have to talk about the first rounder that we used on CJ for this thread to be complete. The bottom line is, we could have:

CJ and a 4th Rounder

or

Marshawn and a 1st Rounder (preferably spent on a position of real need)

There's nothing you can say that will convince me that Nix and co. didn't screw this up. It's all water under the bridge now. I hope Marshawn does well because he's fun to watch and he may never have an opportunity to hurt the Bills out in Seattle. I also hope that something clicks with CJ and he magically starts turning out CJ2K (Chris Johnson's 2009) type seasons.

I am giving CJ till the end of the year before I make a decision on him......he simply has not been given the chances to make the decision at this point.

He has not shown the coach that drafted him enough in practice or the (albeit limited) action in games that he has what it takes to be a starter (except in a emergency situation like now). I agree with you about letting him try and prove himself the rest of this season, what has Gailey got to lose at this point. But frankly I will be more than amazed if he manages to look like a starting RB by the end of the season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

He has not shown the coach that drafted him enough in practice or the (albeit limited) action in games that he has what it takes to be a starter (except in a emergency situation like now). I agree with you about letting him try and prove himself the rest of this season, what has Gailey got to lose at this point. But frankly I will be more than amazed if he manages to look like a starting RB by the end of the season.

How do you take significant carries away from the best all purpose back in the league?

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im pretty sure im beastmodes biggest supporter. my 2nd fave team happens to NOW be seattle seahawks.

by the way it was JASON PETERS who made GIGANTIC wholes for LYNCH to run through. lol

by the way last year seattles oline was as banged up as our oline is. also they had no pass game. so excuse his ypc. watch games people.....HOWEVER, coaches did not hesitate making him starter even though they had 2 fast paced backs already. leon washington and j forsett. leon washington was a nice pace back for the jets. they just needed a power everydown back.

i have watched 90% of the seattle games since lynch was traded. the coaches, the media, talk highly of him. hmmmm who should i believe? my own eyes, coaches, media, or crybaby bill fans??????

i remember last year on the magical run vs saints where he made like 10 people miss, he made a saint move back 5 FREAKING YARDS, with a freaking stiff arm.

he is a beast. i was pissed that they let him go.

ps. last year he had a decent year. the oline was bad AND he was their biggest weapon. he did what he did with a full box of lbs and secondary. that's how good he is. his numbers are looking better because he lost weight, gained muscle, and seattle added other pieces to the mix (tavaris jackson and sidney rice) once that oline gels........wow. lookout. they still get many false starts (kinda like a bad oline normally does)

im pretty sure im beastmodes biggest supporter. my 2nd fave team happens to NOW be seattle seahawks.

by the way it was JASON PETERS who made GIGANTIC wholes for LYNCH to run through. lol

by the way last year seattles oline was as banged up as our oline is. also they had no pass game. so excuse his ypc. watch games people.....HOWEVER, coaches did not hesitate making him starter even though they had 2 fast paced backs already. leon washington and j forsett. leon washington was a nice pace back for the jets. they just needed a power everydown back.

i have watched 90% of the seattle games since lynch was traded. the coaches, the media, talk highly of him. hmmmm who should i believe? my own eyes, coaches, media, or crybaby bill fans??????

i remember last year on the magical run vs saints where he made like 10 people miss, he made a saint move back 5 FREAKING YARDS, with a freaking stiff arm.

ps. last year he had a decent year. the oline was bad AND he was their biggest weapon. he did what he did with a full box of lbs and secondary. that's how good he is. his numbers are looking better because he lost weight, gained muscle, and seattle added other pieces to the mix (tavaris jackson and sidney rice) once that oline gels........wow. lookout. they still get many false starts (kinda like a bad oline normally does)

Considering the amount of screeching and wailing in this post, I find it delightfully ironic that you are referring to other Bills fans as crybabies. :rolleyes:

Considering the amount of screeching and wailing in this post, I find it delightfully ironic that you are referring to other Bills fans as crybabies. :rolleyes:

whiny bill fans then.

by the way, wailing or screeching? all i was trying to do was give props to a player that i like.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

And to tell the whole story you can't neglect his turnovers last year in the first saints game or fumble in the week 17 rams game- almost knocking them out of the playoffs before they even got there. Or his 18 carries for only 60-65 yards prior to that beast run. He got it done tho. Like I said- fun to watch and a fan but not going to blindly freak out about how perfect a player he is either.

Edited by NoSaint

How do you take significant carries away from the best all purpose back in the league?

He wasn't the best all purpose back in the league last year and he still couldn't get on the field. If the coaching staff had more faith in him, if he had given them reason to have more faith in him, he would get alot more touches no matter who is ahead of him. The guy is a first round pick, if he produces they will get him the ball somehow, but he hasn't.

You have to talk about the first rounder that we used on CJ for this thread to be complete. The bottom line is, we could have:

CJ and a 4th Rounder

or

Marshawn and a 1st Rounder (preferably spent on a position of real need)

There's nothing you can say that will convince me that Nix and co. didn't screw this up. It's all water under the bridge now. I hope Marshawn does well because he's fun to watch and he may never have an opportunity to hurt the Bills out in Seattle. I also hope that something clicks with CJ and he magically starts turning out CJ2K (Chris Johnson's 2009) type seasons.

That has been my whole point, even if Spiller had turned out to be something, it was still a luxury pick that bad teams like us don't have the luxury to make.

He wasn't the best all purpose back in the league last year and he still couldn't get on the field. If the coaching staff had more faith in him, if he had given them reason to have more faith in him, he would get alot more touches no matter who is ahead of him. The guy is a first round pick, if he produces they will get him the ball somehow, but he hasn't.

That has been my whole point, even if Spiller had turned out to be something, it was still a luxury pick that bad teams like us don't have the luxury to make.

And in fact Marshawns off the field problems were never that severe. I am pretty sure he could get away with another like infraction now and get max 4 games off. His situation is not so dire in terms of behaviour as people on this board make it out to be. Had Spiller been the back as advertised, maybe it would have been an ok if still iffy pick. As it turns out we got the very short end of that paricular stick.

Pretty much. The only thing to add is that if they were had a football woody for a RB in that draft and were totally convinced he was a huge upgrade over what they had, then taking that RB isn't necessarily a mistake if they had already done the leg work and knew pretty much how they could turn around and parlay their stack of talent at the position into more picks. (Draft day trades don't just fall out of the sky.) Then, they upgrade the RB position AND strengthen another position of weakness. But, they hedged their bets when they took Spiller and tried to talk around the idea that they were being innovative and ahead of the curve because their offense was going to use a 3 RB system. The 3 back system never materialized, Spiller lost the starting job after 1 game, and they traded Marshawn and his 1st rounder contract as the trading deadline approached.

The team did not get better in 2010 as a result. Indeed, unless Spiller suddenly turns into a better back that Marshawn, it will continue to be argued that this series of moves were mistakes.

Actually Freddy was injured when Spiller was starting.