Somebody needs to be held accountable

This is a point of conflict for me. I'm not a fan of gov't planning/interference, but at the same time, if people can't control themselves....

For the record, I don't think withholding money is a viable option if those kids get any shot at a "normal" life.

This is a point of conflict for me. I'm not a fan of gov't planning/interference, but at the same time, if people can't control themselves....

For the record, I don't think withholding money is a viable option if those kids get any shot at a "normal" life.

No matter what, at least a third of those kids end up doing hard time. May as well just put them in prison now...it'll be cheaper.

No matter what, at least a third of those kids end up doing hard time. May as well just put them in prison now...it'll be cheaper.

I wouldn't be suprised if it's more than a third. I thought it would be cheaper to keep them out of prison in the hopes they become somewhat productive, although honestly I haven't looked at the numbers. though one might say we're we're now touching on the larger issue of welfare.

Edited by Kevbeau

Stop paying people to have kids! You think she would have squeezed-out 12 kids if she had to pay for them herself?

sadly, you wonder if it would make a difference. I am sure there are people out there who would pop out kids and care less if they live on the streets and starve.

But be that as is it may, further incentive for this behavior montarily is bad policy

Incidents like these make me amazed at people who are opposed to abortion and birth control. Most abortions happen in low-income, unemployed "families"- often single mothers- and those kids end up going nowhere. Abortion is, unfortunately but effectively, population control for the children of degenerates.

Incidents like these make me amazed at people who are opposed to abortion and birth control. Most abortions happen in low-income, unemployed "families"- often single mothers- and those kids end up going nowhere. Abortion is, unfortunately but effectively, population control for the children of degenerates.

What's more amazing is that people that are for abortion are not for forced sterilization. Why not stop it before it happens??

What's more amazing is that people that are for abortion are not for forced sterilization. Why not stop it before it happens??

I don't believe in forced sterilization, but a lot of countries offer incentives for sterilization. Rajasthan, in India, recently began offering cars in exchange for sterilization; various other states in India, which has a massive overpopulation problem, have begun similar campaigns in the last decade. They've been successful; states like Kerala have cut population growth to effectively zero. Unfortunately, the U.S. doesn't have the balls to implement similar programs.