Gingrich interview excerpt

Buh buh buh...he has baggage! He, like.....served his dead wife divorce papers right before her funeral.....or something.

So he sucks.

So you're saying he doesn't suck? Why, because he has an ® next to his name?

Gingrich is the absolute poster child for what's wrong with Washington. The fact that he hasn't dropped out of this race already and is instead surging says that the Republican Party and the idiots who blindly support it have learned NOTHING from their immediate past.

This is why I would love a Newt candidacy. If lowly Ron Paul can smack him down think about what the Obama Machine will do to him. There will be Republicans wanting to cancel the election

The Obama "Machine"? :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gingrich is the absolute poster child for what's wrong with Washington. The fact that he hasn't dropped out of this race already and is instead surging says that the Republican Party and the idiots who blindly support it have learned NOTHING from their immediate past.

I love Gingrich, warts and all. Always have.

The problem is, "whats wrong with Washington" is not going to be fixed by one mythical candidate who is going to come down from the Heavens and solve everything. I'd rather have a guy who knows the game and can play it well.

The problem is, "whats wrong with Washington" is not going to be fixed by one mythical candidate who is going to come down from the Heavens and solve everything. I'd rather have a guy who knows the game and can play it well.

10/22/1991 – Voted for an amendment that would create a National Police Corps.

03/-/1993 – Voted for sending $1.6 Billion in foreign aid to Russia.

11/19/1993 – Voted for the NAFTA Implementation Act.

11/27/1994 – Supported the GATT Treaty giving sovereignty to the U.N.

08/27/1995 – Suggested that drug smuggling should carry a death sentence.

04/25/1996 – Voted for the single largest increase on Federal education spending ($3.5 Billion)

04/10/1995 – Supported Federal taxdollars being spent on abortions.

06/01/1996 – Helped a Democrat switch parties in an attempt to defeat fellow Republican Ron Paul in 1996 election.

09/25/1996 – Introduced H.R. 4170, demanded life-sentence or execution for someone bringing 2 ounces of marijuana across the border.

01/22/1997 – Congress gave Gingrich a record-setting $300,000 fine for ethical wrongdoing.

11/29/2006 – Stated that free speech should be curtailed in order to fight terrorism. Called for a “serious debate about the 1st Amendment.”

02/15/2007 – Supported Bush’s proposal for mandatory carbon caps.

09/28/2008 – Stated if he were in office, he would have reluctantly voted for the $700B TARP bailout.

10/01/2008 – Stated in an article that TARP was a “workout, not a bailout.”

12/08/2008 – Paid $300,000 by Freddie Mac to halt Congress from bringing necessary reform.

03/31/2009 – States we should have Singapore-style drug tests for Americans.

07/30/2010 – States that Iraq was just step one in defeating the “Axis of Evil”.

08/03/2010 – Advocates attacks on Iran & North Korea.

11/15/2010 – Defended Romneycare

12/05/2010 – Stated that a website owner should be considered an enemy combatant, hunted down and executed, for publishing leaked government memos.

01/30/2011 – Lobbied for ethanol subsidies.

01/30/2011 – Suggested that flex-fuel vehicles be mandated for Americans.

02/13/2011 – Criticized Obama for sending fewer U.S. taxdollars to Egypt.

02/15/2011 – Wrote book saying he believes man-made climate-change and advocated creating “a new endowment for conservation and the environment.”

03/09/2011 – Blames his infidelity to multiple wives on his "passion for the country."

03/15/2011 – Stated that NAFTA worked because it created jobs in Mexico.

03/19/2011 – Shows no regrets about supporting Medicare drug coverage. (Now $7.2T unfunded liability)

03/23/2011 – Completely flip-flopped on Libyan intervention in the course of 16 days.

03/25/2011 – Plans to sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president.

04/25/2011 – Became paid lobbyist for Federal ethanol subsidies.

05/12/2011 – More supportive of individual health-care mandates than Mitt Romney.

06/09/2011 – Campaign staff resigned en masse.

07/15/2011 – Poorly managed campaign is over $1 Million in debt.

08/01/2011 – Hired a company to create fake Twitter accounts to make fake followers.

10/07/2011 – Stated he’d ignore the Supreme Court and bypass the constitution and congress.

Admittedly, this is a cut'n'paste from underneath an article, but I have no reason to believe any of this is untrue.

Other than the bolded sections, which I agree with, this is too long a list of too egregious statements/actions.

1) No problem with the death sentence for mass narcotics smugglers. These people facilitate so much of what is wrong in this country, from the health costs that push up prices for everyone else, to shattered lives of users, to people affected by criminal activity of users who rob, cheat, steal, assault and murder for money to buy drugs.... At its core, illicit drugs are one of this country's biggest scourges.

2) I don't have a big problem with the Mass. health care law. As I've written in the Romney threads, it works for Massachusetts. It is the very concept of classical GOP states' rights!!! Romney always said the Mass. plan was absolutely NOT something that could work on a national scale, nevermind for most any other state; it was tailored to fit Mass.'s specific facts-on-the-ground of low uninsured (4% of the population compared with some states having over 30%), high average incomes and extensive health care infrastructure.

3) Bradley Manning and Julian Assange should have recently been on the one-year anniversary of the beginning of their dirt naps.

Nevertheless, if Newt does turn out to be the nominee, I will hold my nose and vote for him... because Obama's list of beliefs/statements/actions is greater than the above by about 50x and this entire administration's failure to do much of anything for this country's problems other than digging us in deeper borders on treason.

Edited by UConn James

We agree!

I'd rather see an outsider who could come in and expose the "one-party" system. I imagine there would be quite an interesting mid-year election after that...

Thanks for proving my point. You're still a friggin' dolt.

We agree!

Congrats on being correct for a change... :nana:

For those of you who don't know what "giving a clinic" means, it usually refers to owning another team so badly that you are taking them to camp, and showing them how to do it. That's what I saw Gingrich do tonight on Hannity. The entire interview is interesting, and understand, this excerpt sorta takes things out of context-->for example, the only time he refers to himself in the third person during the entire interview is this excerpt, so don't read too much into that. But, it's an amazing demonstration of political skill:

What preceded this was a discussion of how Gingrich would handle political attacks, and questions about lobbying:

Now the first thing that ran through my head at the end was, of course, "BS Flag"! However, the very next thing was "yeah, but very well done BS. In fact this is the kind of BS that I want turned on Iran. By the time Iran figures out WTF he said, they will have given up their nuclear program and recognized Israel"!

It was mesmerizing on TV. While he was talking, I found myself thinking, "yeah, of course this is not lobbying, it's better than lobbying!" That lasted a sublime 3 seconds until my training kicked in at the end. :lol::bag:

The fact is that while you may not like Gingrich, or agree with him, if you are a serious person, you respect Gingrich's skill set and familiarity with the material. In all cases, this skill set is worth at least a Secretary of State nod, if not the big job itself. I feel it's safe to say that if we have learned anything from the last 2 Presidents, it's that skill set and familiarity with the material counts for a lot more than ideology.

I'm on record as advocating for Newt back when he was at 5-8% in the polls. His intellectual conservatism is the most appealing.

I hope that he is the nominee.

10/22/1991 – Voted for an amendment that would create a National Police Corps.

03/-/1993 – Voted for sending $1.6 Billion in foreign aid to Russia.

11/19/1993 – Voted for the NAFTA Implementation Act.

11/27/1994 – Supported the GATT Treaty giving sovereignty to the U.N.

08/27/1995 – Suggested that drug smuggling should carry a death sentence.

04/25/1996 – Voted for the single largest increase on Federal education spending ($3.5 Billion)

04/10/1995 – Supported Federal taxdollars being spent on abortions.

06/01/1996 – Helped a Democrat switch parties in an attempt to defeat fellow Republican Ron Paul in 1996 election.

09/25/1996 – Introduced H.R. 4170, demanded life-sentence or execution for someone bringing 2 ounces of marijuana across the border.

01/22/1997 – Congress gave Gingrich a record-setting $300,000 fine for ethical wrongdoing.

11/29/2006 – Stated that free speech should be curtailed in order to fight terrorism. Called for a “serious debate about the 1st Amendment.”

02/15/2007 – Supported Bush’s proposal for mandatory carbon caps.

09/28/2008 – Stated if he were in office, he would have reluctantly voted for the $700B TARP bailout.

10/01/2008 – Stated in an article that TARP was a “workout, not a bailout.”

12/08/2008 – Paid $300,000 by Freddie Mac to halt Congress from bringing necessary reform.

03/31/2009 – States we should have Singapore-style drug tests for Americans.

07/30/2010 – States that Iraq was just step one in defeating the “Axis of Evil”.

08/03/2010 – Advocates attacks on Iran & North Korea.

11/15/2010 – Defended Romneycare

12/05/2010 – Stated that a website owner should be considered an enemy combatant, hunted down and executed, for publishing leaked government memos.

01/30/2011 – Lobbied for ethanol subsidies.

01/30/2011 – Suggested that flex-fuel vehicles be mandated for Americans.

02/13/2011 – Criticized Obama for sending fewer U.S. taxdollars to Egypt.

02/15/2011 – Wrote book saying he believes man-made climate-change and advocated creating “a new endowment for conservation and the environment.”

03/09/2011 – Blames his infidelity to multiple wives on his "passion for the country."

03/15/2011 – Stated that NAFTA worked because it created jobs in Mexico.

03/19/2011 – Shows no regrets about supporting Medicare drug coverage. (Now $7.2T unfunded liability)

03/23/2011 – Completely flip-flopped on Libyan intervention in the course of 16 days.

03/25/2011 – Plans to sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president.

04/25/2011 – Became paid lobbyist for Federal ethanol subsidies.

05/12/2011 – More supportive of individual health-care mandates than Mitt Romney.

06/09/2011 – Campaign staff resigned en masse.

07/15/2011 – Poorly managed campaign is over $1 Million in debt.

08/01/2011 – Hired a company to create fake Twitter accounts to make fake followers.

10/07/2011 – Stated he’d ignore the Supreme Court and bypass the constitution and congress.

Admittedly, this is a cut'n'paste from underneath an article, but I have no reason to believe any of this is untrue.

I wonder how much of the above is omnibus legislation or legilative riders on more influential legislation?

I remember that he had some gaffes and questions about credit lines at Tiffany's and other high end fashion boutiques. For a while it appeared as if he, himself, had given up because he was almost exclusively promoting his book during campaign stops (I've heard him speak twice at fundraising events).

I think that is when his staffers began retreating.

He has fought back valiantly against the doubters though.

I resent that. I'm not !@#$ing reclusive!

But youre a !@#$ing nutcase.

But Im a dolt, so there you go.

Look...I know Gingrich is a BIG GUBMINT conservative. And I know electing him changes NOTHING in terms of how Washington works. But thats not something I care about right now. I want Obama OUT. I have two choices...Romney and Newt. And Ive always liked Newts ideas on solving problems, despite his baggage. Hes much more of a conservative of Romney. So Im supporting Newt.

Look...I know Gingrich is a BIG GUBMINT conservative. And I know electing him changes NOTHING in terms of how Washington works. But thats not something I care about right now. I want Obama OUT. I have two choices...Romney and Newt. And Ive always liked Newts ideas on solving problems, despite his baggage. Hes much more of a conservative of Romney. So Im supporting Newt.

And that's the hard part. I want Obama out as badly as the next guy but it appears in order to help that happen I have to vote GOP. Now that sucks.

You've never heard of a political machine before?

Who would you like to see be president?

And that's the hard part. I want Obama out as badly as the next guy but it appears in order to help that happen I have to vote GOP. Now that sucks.

"He can't possibly be as bad as the current guy" is not what I would consider a great campaign slogan, but in the end, that's what we're facing. This kind of thinking is precisely what drives a Bills fan, who is reduced to looking at a newly released schedule and thinking, "Y'know, if we can just beat NE once, that'll be enough for me."

You've never heard of a political machine before?

Wrong, dumb ass. Try again.

Who would you like to see be president?

Anyone who isn't a Democrat or Republican would be a terrific place to start. The 2 party system is irrevocably broken, not that you're smart or lucid enough to understand something even that simple.

:lol:

Step 1: Admit your problem.

You're on your way!

:lol: Gingrich is about as conservative as Tard in Norfolk. More of the one party system. It is entertaining to watch you chimps pick up **** from the same pile and heave it at one another. Even better is when one of the chimps on your own team hits you with a head shot, you lick your own face clean and pretend it tastes like sweet Belgian chocolate, but the same **** heaved by a chimp on the other team...

The Republitard party slogan ought to be: "Bring out your dead!"

Wrong, dumb ass. Try again.

Anyone who isn't a Democrat or Republican would be a terrific place to start. The 2 party system is irrevocably broken, not that you're smart or lucid enough to understand something even that simple.

Wrong what? No, you try again.

This is all you! Anyone who isn't a D or an R?? Really? How and why is the two party system broken? Has it always been so, or is history something way above you as I suspect it is. Do tell us moron.

Sitting back and being a whinny little complainer is fun isn't it? What is it you want this non-politician to do? How will they make the country better? How will they make you happy? Do tell us simpleton, please.

Please prove you are more than a cranky whiner