Gingrich interview excerpt

For those of you who don't know what "giving a clinic" means, it usually refers to owning another team so badly that you are taking them to camp, and showing them how to do it. That's what I saw Gingrich do tonight on Hannity. The entire interview is interesting, and understand, this excerpt sorta takes things out of context-->for example, the only time he refers to himself in the third person during the entire interview is this excerpt, so don't read too much into that. But, it's an amazing demonstration of political skill:

What preceded this was a discussion of how Gingrich would handle political attacks, and questions about lobbying:

Newt: The fact is Randy Evans our attorney has said: we brought in outside counsel who were experts on this, we held training sessions for our staff, we put things in

writing...

Hannity: about not Lobbying?

Newt: About not lobbying, because we wanted to build a very wide line. And then there's a practical reason....people who watch my entire career know I have lot of opinions

and lots of ideas, and I have a relatively high name id before I ran for President. I'll give you an example, health information technology, I happen to beleive that

if you're traveling and get in a accident, your records should be available(etc.)

If Newt Gingrich believes that, happens to also be working with companies that care about that, and I walk in to see friends of mine to talk about the issue, they're

responding to what Newt Gingrich believes. Because they know I don't go out and say tell me what you believe in, I'll be for apples this week if you'll pay me for

apples. I walk in and say this is what I believe in.

Now, it seems to be a great shock to some newspapers, I held a press conference that had Patrick Kennedy, and Hillary Clinton, on behalf of health information

technologies, and also Tim Murphy a Republican for Pennsylvania, you might say to yourself gosh, why would a Newt Gingrich do that? The answer's simple. You wanna

get a message out in the news media, and you put Gingrich and Hillary together, and Patrick Kennedy with Gingrich, you're gonna get huge press coverage. And we sent

a signal we oughta have health information technology that you could never have done if you were a lobbyist.

And so they wanna say "well isn't that lobbying" No! That's called being a citizen. As a citizen, I'm allowed to have my opinion.

Now the first thing that ran through my head at the end was, of course, "BS Flag"! However, the very next thing was "yeah, but very well done BS. In fact this is the kind of BS that I want turned on Iran. By the time Iran figures out WTF he said, they will have given up their nuclear program and recognized Israel"!

It was mesmerizing on TV. While he was talking, I found myself thinking, "yeah, of course this is not lobbying, it's better than lobbying!" That lasted a sublime 3 seconds until my training kicked in at the end. :lol::bag:

The fact is that while you may not like Gingrich, or agree with him, if you are a serious person, you respect Gingrich's skill set and familiarity with the material. In all cases, this skill set is worth at least a Secretary of State nod, if not the big job itself. I feel it's safe to say that if we have learned anything from the last 2 Presidents, it's that skill set and familiarity with the material counts for a lot more than ideology.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who don't know what "giving a clinic" means, it usually refers to owning another team so badly that you are taking them to camp, and showing them how to do it. That's what I saw Gingrich do tonight on Hannity. The entire interview is interesting, and understand, this excerpt sorta takes things out of context-->for example, the only time he refers to himself in the third person during the entire interview is this excerpt, so don't read too much into that. But, it's an amazing demonstration of political skill:

What preceded this was a discussion of how Gingrich would handle political attacks, and questions about lobbying:

Now the first thing that ran through my head at the end was, of course, "BS Flag"! However, the very next thing was "yeah, but very well done BS. In fact this is the kind of BS that I want turned on Iran. By the time Iran figures out WTF he said, they will have given up their nuclear program and recognized Israel"!

It was mesmerizing on TV. While he was talking, I found myself thinking, "yeah, of course this is not lobbying, it's better than lobbying!" That lasted a sublime 3 seconds until my training kicked in at the end. :lol::bag:

The fact is that while you may not like Gingrich, or agree with him, if you are a serious person, you respect Gingrich's skill set and familiarity with the material. In all cases, this skill set is worth at least a Secretary of State nod, if not the big job itself. I feel it's safe to say that if we have learned anything from the last 2 Presidents, it's that skill set and familiarity with the material counts for a lot more than ideology.

I would love to see Gingrich president, but all that boiled down to was I only lobby for companies I like. And work for.

If Newt Gingrich believes that, happens to also be working with companies that care about that,
Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Buh buh buh...he has baggage! He, like.....served his dead wife divorce papers right before her funeral.....or something.

So he sucks.

If Gingrich somehow ends up being the nominee, he would do well to unseal all of his divorce papers as soon as possible because history has shown us that Obama is very gifted at getting judges to unsealed divorce documents as steps to an elected office. And given that he has absolutely NO record to run on of any substance, that's about all he has.

HA HA!! Oh, did he do well with Hannity? Big surprise there. Palin did too, where's she now?

I so hope Newt is the Republican nominee! Oh please God! We need a "Housing Historian" running aginst Obama, oh that will be grand!

And Newt's blow hard rhetoric will force Iran to recognize Israel?? Huh??

HA HA!! Oh, did he do well with Hannity? Big surprise there. Palin did too, where's she now?

I so hope Newt is the Republican nominee! Oh please God! We need a "Housing Historian" running aginst Obama, oh that will be grand!

So what you've been blathering about is that the only way your hero can win is if he runs against a loser? Yeah that sounds about right.

Anyone he runs against will be a loser, Newt just makes the task so much easier. Newt also opens up the possibility of a victory of historic proportions

Have you bought a $3 raffle ticket yet? You know, the tickets that Obama is raffling off to have dinner with him and Michelle? Classy, eh?

Anyone he runs against will be a loser, Newt just makes the task so much easier. Newt also opens up the possibility of a victory of historic proportions

In 2008 he was running against a guy who had one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel who picked Palin as his running mate. He also had the "charm" and hope and change crap. The country was wild for Obama. If he didn't win by historic proportions then how on earth is he going to now?

When all you have to run on is the other guy sucks people will see through that pretty quickly.

Isn't that what the Carter folks were saying about Reagan?

Isn't it what LBJ said about Goldwater?

In 2008 he was running against a guy who had one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel who picked Palin as his running mate. He also had the "charm" and hope and change crap. The country was wild for Obama. If he didn't win by historic proportions then how on earth is he going to now?

When all you have to run on is the other guy sucks people will see through that pretty quickly.

At least McCain was a decent man with a serious and good record, Newt is a disaster, he's a snake oil salesmen, if you don't see that it's not my job to make you see, just watch and wait.

Newt has a much better chance of being elected than Romney.

Isn't it what LBJ said about Goldwater?

At least McCain was a decent man with a serious and good record, Newt is a disaster, he's a snake oil salesmen, if you don't see that it's not my job to make you see, just watch and wait.

Quite possibly that's what he was saying about his opponent for his 1st election campaign riding on JFK's ghost's legacy. What was he saying for his second campaign? Wasn't that more of Duran's 'no mas, no mas?'

Quite possibly that's what he was saying about his opponent for his 1st election campaign riding on JFK's ghost's legacy. What was he saying for his second campaign? Wasn't that more of Duran's 'no mas, no mas?'

Are you comparing Newt to Reagan? That comparison just doesn't hold water at all. Reagan was not a failed house member from a small district who was forced out in disgrace, he was governor of Callifornia and a pretty steady advocate for his ideology. Newts a disaster, though I'll grant you Reagan came across as pretty dumb at times, but still, you had to love him as a person. Newt is a condescending jerk

If newts the nominee, Obama will destroy him, IMO

Are you comparing Newt to Reagan? That comparison just doesn't hold water at all. Reagan was not a failed house member from a small district who was forced out in disgrace, he was governor of Callifornia and a pretty steady advocate for his ideology. Newts a disaster, though I'll grant you Reagan came across as pretty dumb at times, but still, you had to love him as a person. Newt is a condescending jerk

Also.....Carter had to survive a damaging challenge for the dem nomination that year. Even Krauthhammer admitted today in his column that Newts standing with independents and cross over deems is appalling low.

I just do not see Gingrich even mounting much of a serious challenge. His mouth moves too fast for his brain

Also.....Carter had to survive a damaging challenge for the dem nomination that year. Even Krauthhammer admitted today in his column that Newts standing with independents and cross over deems is appalling low.

I just do not see Gingrich even mounting much of a serious challenge. His mouth moves too fast for his brain

I was comparing your hero to James Earl Carter, Jr..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/romney-and-gingrich-from-bad-to-worse/2011/12/02/gIQArsM3LO_story.html?hpid=z2

George Will seems a little jealous of Gingrich, lol. Two blow hards that do not like each other

Gingrich, however, embodies the vanity and rapacity that make modern Washington repulsive. And there is his anti-conservative confidence that he has a comprehensive explanation of, and plan to perfect, everything.

Granted, his grandiose rhetoric celebrating his “transformative” self is entertaining: Recently he compared his revival of his campaign to Sam Walton’s and Ray Kroc’s creations of Wal-Mart and McDonald’s, two of America’s largest private-sector employers. There is almost artistic vulgarity in Gingrich’s unrepented role as a hired larynx for interests profiting from such government follies as ethanol and cheap mortgages. His Olympian sense of exemption from standards and logic allowed him, fresh from pocketing $1.6 million from Freddie Mac (for services as a “historian”), to say, “If you want to put people in jail,” look at “the politicians who profited from” Washington’s environment.

His temperament — intellectual hubris distilled — makes him blown about by gusts of enthusiasm for intellectual fads, from 1990s futurism to “Lean Six Sigma” today. On Election Eve 1994, he said a disturbed South Carolina mother drowning her children “vividly reminds” Americans “how sick the society is getting, and how much we need to change things. . . . The only way you get change is to vote Republican.”

I sure hope Conservatives do not derail Gingrich before he wins the nomination. That would be sad

George Will smacked Gingrich good but no one reads

he needs to punch him in the nads like Ron Paul

youtube.com/watch?v=CWKTOCP45zY

This is why I would love a Newt candidacy. If lowly Ron Paul can smack him down think about what the Obama Machine will do to him. There will be Republicans wanting to cancel the election