Obama's America. Malazy.

Oxrock

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The words cut like a knife. “What the hell are we paying you for?” Gov. Chris Christie asked of President Obama.

The New Jersey Republican has a gift for getting to the heart of things, and his broadside against the president over the debt bomb is Exhibit A. His assertion, framed as a question, makes the case against Obama better than anything heard from the actual candidates.

{snip}

The questions are rhetorical in that we know what the president has been doing and why. He plays golf and campaigns. Governing is beneath him.

He doesn’t talk much to members of Congress or his own Cabinet. They’re beneath him.

His connection to the public consists of speeches before large crowds, and he ducks behind the curtain and into the security bubble as soon as he finishes. The people are beneath him.

Warped by a sense of entitlement and self-aggrandizement, Obama refuses to take responsibility for finding practical solutions to problems. He prefers the glory of transformation rather than the roll-the-sleeves-up work of reform.

When he can’t get his way, he appoints a czar and ignores Congress. Democracy is beneath him.

He could have brokered a deficit deal, but doing so would have demolished his campaign slogan that Republicans are to blame for everything. Any deal would give him ownership of the results, and end the fiction that politics are beneath him.

In fact, he’s all politics, all the time. His idea of bipartisanship is that everybody agrees with him.

Obama professes to really, really like America. He just wants to change everything about it.

And when the country says no thanks, he goes off script and the smears come out. We’re “soft” and “lazy” and “bitter” and “cling” to God and guns.

Michael Goodwin

Edited by B-Man

Fancy editing...

How does it feel to be relegated to "apologist" status? BTW, I'd be interested to see your reaction to the various videos we discussed in another thread of Fannie & Freddie & Bush and McCain and Maxine Waters & Barney Fifes Franks of this world. Just wondering if we have a new poster that is willing to be intellectually honest or just another Conner/pBills/lyrbob/Pasta Joe to laugh at.

Edited by 3rdnlng

How does it feel to be relegated to "apologist" status? BTW, I'd be interested to see your reaction to the various videos of Fannie & Freddie & Bush and McCain and Maxine Waters & Barney Fifes Franks of this world. Just wondering if we have a new poster that is willing to be intellectually honest or just another Conner/pBills/lyrbob/Pasta Joe to laugh at.

You write that in such a way as to imply that those posters are different people.

You write that in such a way as to imply that those posters are different people.

As a matter of fact they are different people. Here's my reasoning: Connor was/is really, really dumb. So are the rest. Do you think that one person could be dumb enough to be all four of them? (other than Dumb in Norfolk, of course) I do think they share some of the same DNA though. I think pBills is Pasta Joe's son and lyrbob is Conner's daughter. Pasta Joe and Conner are brothers and have twin cousins in Booster and Buftex.

Feel free to further fill out the "Progessives" family tree. Here's Great Grandfather Lyrbotomy.

post-9928-037510700 1322683315_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3rdnlng

How does it feel to be relegated to "apologist" status? BTW, I'd be interested to see your reaction to the various videos we discussed in another thread of Fannie & Freddie & Bush and McCain and Maxine Waters & Barney Fifes Franks of this world. Just wondering if we have a new poster that is willing to be intellectually honest or just another Conner/pBills/lyrbob/Pasta Joe to laugh at.

Apologist? Not quite. The Jimmy Carter comparison has been going on since before the 2008 election. It gets old. Anyone can edit videos of Presidents to make them seem exact.

What videos were you even talking about in the other thread??

Apologist? Not quite. The Jimmy Carter comparison has been going on since before the 2008 election. It gets old. Anyone can edit videos of Presidents to make them seem exact.

What videos were you even talking about in the other thread??

I was hoping you might google Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac along with Bush, McCain and the democrats mentioned earlier and see what their positions were a few years ago. You just might learn something.

I was hoping you might google Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac along with Bush, McCain and the democrats mentioned earlier and see what their positions were a few years ago. You just might learn something.

I wrote a 10 page paper on the Housing Crisis last year. I think I know enough.

I wrote a 10 page paper on the Housing Crisis last year. I think I know enough.

Who was throwing their unbridled support behind Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's policies? Who was ripping into a federal regulator when he suggested there were problems with them? What president and what senator warned of problems at those GSE's? What part did the CRA have in our overall economic problems?

Who was throwing their unbridled support behind Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's policies? Who was ripping into a federal regulator when he suggested there were problems with them? What president and what senator warned of problems at those GSE's? What part did the CRA have in our overall economic problems?

I'm guessing the answers you want are:

1. All Democrats

2. All Republicans

3. Bush/McCain

4. Everything

Because in your world, it seems everything is black and white.

Oh, you're in high school. Makes sense now.

I held back on a similar comment in order to give him one last chance to show some intellectual honesty. If he doesn't come through I personally will find him a place in the lyrbotomy family tree.

I'm guessing the answers you want are:

1. All Democrats

2. All Republicans

3. Bush/McCain

4. Everything

Because in your world, it seems everything is black and white.

Congrats! Instead of taking on the challenge of actually learning something you've continued to follow the "Progressive" method of operation of never really answering anything and skirting real discussion. Welcome to the lyrbotomy family.

Oh, you're in high school. Makes sense now.

B.S. in Financial Economics but thanks for trying.

I held back on a similar comment in order to give him one last chance to show some intellectual honesty. If he doesn't come through I personally will find him a place in the lyrbotomy family tree.

Congrats! Instead of taking on the challenge of actually learning something you've continued to follow the "Progressive" method of operation of never really answering anything and skirting real discussion. Welcome to the lyrbotomy family.

What did you want me to say? I gave you the answers you were looking for did I not?

So you were in high school six months ago. Pardon my mistake. The real world's when the learnin' begins junior.

I love how the left bags on the GOP field (and rightly so IMO) but this is all they've got. :w00t:

Try about 6 years ago...