Point me in the direction of an honest mechanic

gomper

My car....well, she's got issues......I need the fantastic braintrust here to refer me to an honest place that won't bend me over the counter and violate me. All I know about cars is you put gas in them and they run....other than that and a few obvious issues, I really have no clue. The car sounds like a popcorn machine when it starts and it has all kinds of peculiar quirks.

So, please help a fellow out with a solid recommendation. Thanks all.

My car....well, she's got issues......I need the fantastic braintrust here to refer me to an honest place that won't bend me over the counter and violate me. All I know about cars is you put gas in them and they run....other than that and a few obvious issues, I really have no clue. The car sounds like a popcorn machine when it starts and it has all kinds of peculiar quirks.

Where are you located?

Car? year?

I've heard that some people use the Angie's List site to find reliable service people...there is a subscription fee involved, but I don't think it's much.

I'm in N.Buffalo....know anyone Frez? 96 Altima.........something is up with it ...I just don't know what......thanks in advance bro.

I'm in northern NY and don't know anyone in your area, I'm sorry.

I know a little about cars and have some good friends that our top notch mechanics. Your car has more than one symptom eh? Probably way to hard to diagnose over the internet but you can ask away if you'd like.

Frez

So you abused the car, never maintained it, now it is F'd, and you are already blaming the people you need to help you. Yeah it is their fault :thumbdown:

I'm in N.Buffalo....know anyone Frez? 96 Altima.........something is up with it ...I just don't know what......thanks in advance bro.

I live in Lockport, Its a bit of a hike from N.Buffalo (15 min) but there is a great mechanic out here, Hillmans - google it

So you abused the car, never maintained it, now it is F'd, and you are already blaming the people you need to help you. Yeah it is their fault :thumbdown:

Anger management issues.....I'm going to guess that your ex took your prized Altima from you in a settlement, drove it into the ground, and then tried to get more money out of you to fix it. Am I close?

Back the car up next to the computer and let me listen to it.

I kid, I kid.

Dude, did you check the oil???????

After years of getting screwed over by mechanics, I finally found an honest one (in pittsburgh). There's nothing like it. I would trust this guy with my first born.

I have a great mechanic in the Twin Cities as well.

AJ mentioned Angies List and I HIGHLY recommend that -- it's cheap and worth every penny.