Williams...Rogers...going forward

EldaBillsFan

He finds the ball when its in the air....and Rogers has really good recovery speed....maybe he needs to start over florance

Not sure about going that far, as Florence does provide some veteran leadership and knows where people need to be. But it's good to see the kids perform well! :thumbsup:

It also seemed to light a fire under McKelvin on Special Teams.

Not sure if Mr. Edwards is the DC for the long haul but the "Kids" on the field seem to be getting better. Watching yesterday & @ any point there were how many rookies on the field @ 1-time? Searcy, Williams, Rogers, Sheppard, Dareus...probably missing someone. Much as it sucks to already be talking about "next year" already, I figured this would be a 3-yr project and it looks like "some" of the pieces may be in place & coming along.

Not sure if Mr. Edwards is the DC for the long haul but the "Kids" on the field seem to be getting better. Watching yesterday & @ any point there were how many rookies on the field @ 1-time? Searcy, Williams, Rogers, Sheppard, Dareus...probably missing someone. Much as it sucks to already be talking about "next year" already, I figured this would be a 3-yr project and it looks like "some" of the pieces may be in place & coming along.

I can live with mistaking coming from his group

Both guys made some good plays on the ball. Saw both looking back for the ball too. Its not good enough to just be in position as we've seen a number of times this year. Need to look back to get a hand on the ball sometimes, and Williams seems to get that.

Every DB from H.S. to the NFL need to get that. It used to be the way the position was taught. Turn and look for the ball. The last few season seem to be an epidemic in poor fundamentals in DB technique. And it's led to boucoup pass interference calls and TD's that could have easily been INT's.

I am hoping that Rogers can turn into a guy like that undersized but good player that is with the Saints right now....

NEVER should have let him go........

Williams is showing why he was worthy of his pick......we need a couple more of these guys in the draft. I love how Williams fights the big physical wideouts

Considering we once again had no pass rush, it was great to see our young guys in the secondary making plays. Williams, Rogers, and Searcy all played well, save for a few miscues with regard to their assignments. That will come with experience, though. I don't see Rogers as a starter, but he's solid depth and will be great in nickel/dime packages. Williams and Searcy I think will both eventually start, and once Searcy gets more comfortable I think he'll start laying a bit of lumber.

If we can just find a couple more impact players for the front 7 on D, this defense will be much better.

Loved the play of the youngsters yesterday -- and that includes Spiller. Against the Jets stout DL, and playing behind a makeshift OL, yes, there were plenty of 1-yard stuffs, but CJ kept plowing, and by the 4th quarter he was a shoestring from breaking at least two long ones. He also made a terrific catch on the first TD drive and was effective with his chip blocks and blitz pickups all day. The kid finally got his chance and the results were very promising.