Jerry Sullivan - Show Stevie The Money

It seems many people are failing to realize he will get No. 1 money. If not from the Bills, then from somebody else. Deion Branch, Peerless Price, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Roy Williams, Bernard Berrian and a bevy of others that don't immediately come to mind were No. 2s who got paid like No. 1s. You're kidding yourselves if you think Johnson will stay in Buffalo and get paid like a second-tier player.

This is the key point. People can say "sign him for WR#2 money", but it takes both and offer and Stevie signing the contract to make that happen. So:

1) What do people think Stevie's market value is, if he becomes an unrestricted free agent able to solicit offers from any of 32 NFL teams? $ Per year and guaranteed money, excluding any fake years intended to be voided.

2) How much do you believe the Buffalo Bills should offer Stevie Johnson?

My opinions:

1) He can obtain somewhere around 5 years, $40 million but with only ~$15 million guaranteed. I am really unsure of his market value at this time however and the total value may be high.

2) The Bills should franchise him and take more time to decide, even though this will mean paying a high salary next year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably thinking of running with it before he looked it in. The guy is in the NFL, starting, being productive and is about to get paid handsomely. All that for a guy taken in the last round of the draft. Must have some type of focus.

My theory is that he was planning his TD dance instead of looking it in.

Was listening to Sully on WGR on the way home and couldn't believe the type of garbage he was spewing. Stuff like the bills should cut him for this and Ralph should of flown in to have a talk with him. Am I the only person who thought it was all in good fun. As long as Plax is ok with it, WHICH HE IS, let the thing go!

Was listening to Sully on WGR on the way home and couldn't believe the type of garbage he was spewing. Stuff like the bills should cut him for this and Ralph should of flown in to have a talk with him. Am I the only person who thought it was all in good fun. As long as Plax is ok with it, WHICH HE IS, let the thing go!

It would have all been in fun IF he knew the rules and hadn't gotten flagged and forced that botched kick by our replacement kicker (surely Stevie knows this too) that gave the Jets the ball on our own 35 with our known to everyone (surely Stevie knows this too) horrid defense that directly led to a momentum changing TD. Steve costs us 2 TDs yesterday. We shouldn't let that go.

But, it's all about Stevie. there's no I in team, but there is in StevIe.

Besides, if he had caught one of the last few passes he had a chance at it would have been forgotten.

Edited by reddogblitz

I would like to see Stevie returned at a wr2 salary with boosters for production to give him a shot at wr1 money. While twitter may have some affect on a game it seems to have a much more pronounced affect on the reaction to players in the public sphere. I do not care much at all about a players tweets (are players in anyway your moral compass?) but would like to see a maturity to Stevie Johnson that seems lacking. That being said, nice work making fun of Plaxico the moron. If we can't make fun of a guy who carries a loaded hand gun to a NY club and then shoots himself resulting in two years of jail time, what can we make fun of?

I agree with incentive-laden contract at #2 money. But the next team is going to give him #1 money and he knows it. Not surprised he's waiting on FA

One, twitter sucks so who gives a rat's ass ... two, stevie is the first receiver to get the better of Revis twice (especially yesterday). Yes, I want to see better concentration and critical catches, but I think with maturity they will come. You have cap room, so why create another hole to fill in the draft by letting him walk. So the Patriots can come a calling ... don't be stupid.

One, twitter sucks so who gives a rat's ass ... two, stevie is the first receiver to get the better of Revis twice (especially yesterday). Yes, I want to see better concentration and critical catches, but I think with maturity they will come. You have cap room, so why create another hole to fill in the draft by letting him walk. So the Patriots can come a calling ... don't be stupid.

I agree , Bill b will be all over that , adding a guy who get some receptions against revis, forgetaboutit

No.

For a point of reference, Lee Evans signed a 4-year $37 million contract ($18 million guaranteed) with the Bills in 2008.

wow they really overpaid for evans. . it is going to be 5-40 with 20 guaranteed yikes

NAME 10 WR under 26 .....better than him when he is healthy...ready...set... go!

I love a challenge. Ahead of SJ I would take:

1. Mike Wallace, PIT (25)

2. AJ Green, CIN (23)

3. Hakeem Nicks, NYG (23)

4. DeSean Jackson, PHI (24)

5. Pierre Garcon, IND (25)

They all have more receiving yards than SJ in 2011.

6. Johnny Knox, CHI (25) tied with SJ in rec yds.

7. Jeremy Maclin, PHI (23) 10 less yds. than SJ

8. Percy Harvin, MIN (23)

9. Denarius Moore, OAK (22)

10. Julio Jones, ATL (22)

Maybe I'm biased because I haven't seen them drop two game-winning passes.

Johnson's interview with S&B yesterday made things about as clear as they could be vis-a-vis where Stevie Johnson's head is, or isn't. Sully's post-game question as to whether or not Stevie pre-planned his "celebration" was laughable - is there anyone who is "so serious" (pun intended) to think he didn't?

Of course, all of that has nothing to do with his potential or raw talent, but as previously pointed out in this thread, there is most certainly a very large, deliberate, "i" in Stevie - and it's getting in the way.

He's young and has time to mature, and I think that's his biggest upside, though unfortunately this roster doesn't seem to have the kind of veteran leadership or experience that might really be able to make a big, big, difference in this player's future.

He's young and has time to mature, and I think that's his biggest upside, though unfortunately this roster doesn't seem to have the kind of veteran leadership or experience that might really be able to make a big, big, difference in this player's future.

When do you think this mature thing will happen? True he is 25. But, he's been in the league for 4 years. He's got 3 of these bone headed excessive celebration penalties in the last 24 games. This is his second for pretending to shoot a gun. He's dropped 2 game winning catches and many more over the course of the last 2 seasons. The last of which essentially knocked us out of the playoffs.

It could be a long wait.