Lee Evans Watch - Baltimore vs. 49ers

Looked to me like he did exactly what here on TBD it was widely reported he could not do. He went over the middle and caught a short pass and then ran with it after he caught it. I thought all he could do was run long sideline routes?

One pass against Whitner doesn't count for much. If he starts doing that consistently against real safeties, I'll agree with you.

One pass against Whitner doesn't count for much. If he starts doing that consistently against real safeties, I'll agree with you.

I dont know which part of that play is sadder - the fact that one of our former first rounder just caught one short pass or that he did due to a failed tackle by another former first rounder.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

That was all they threw to him. Looked to me like he broke Whitner's tackle, not that Whitner missed as reported here. It was only his second game back.

Admit it, Coach Gailey whiffed by trading Lee so he could keep Easley.

Is Lee Evans 3rd or 4th on the WR depth chart in Baltimore? Baltimore uses a lot of twin TE, 2 Wr sets and Evans doesn't see the field. I thought I seen some 3WR sets yesterday and Evans wasn't even on the field then. :lol:

Dude has had a messed up ankle and has not been able to play practice all season.

That was all they threw to him. Looked to me like he broke Whitner's tackle, not that Whitner missed as reported here. It was only his second game back.

Admit it, Coach Gailey whiffed by trading Lee so he could keep Easley.

Broke, missed, Whitner blew it and should have tackled Evans short of the first down. One pass where he was fortunate to face Whitner tackling him doesn't prove he's a guy who will go over the middle more than once in a blue moon.

And yes, Evans' 3 catches for 43 yards in 4 games (out of 11) is better than Easley's 0 catches. But it's not saying a lot, and Evans' presence wouldn't be making a difference between winning and losing, just like it didn't in the past.

No use crying over spilled milk but again a very stupid move by the Bills. There is no question they wish they had Evans. I am sure SJ wishes on Sunday Revis would be chasing Evans all around the field and not him. Donald Jones is not a legit number 2 WR in the NFL. No downfield threat for the Bills and even if you rarely throw to Evans he provides opening underneath b/c safeties HAVE to respect his speed.

Bad, bad move by the Bills to save 3M a year this year and next.

Sad to say, but that 4th rounder looks better everyday

Got that right.

That 4th rounder right now could be your pick of:

--Kellen Moore QB Boise St

--Brandon Boykin CB Georgia

--Brandon Mosley OT Auburn

--Tavon Austin WR West Virginia