Stay Classy Mr WIlson, pay Fred Jackson

Fwiw I broke my fibula, tore main tendons, ligaments, and shifted my ankle bones where the fibula and tibia meet a long time ago. This put me in a cast for 6 weeks or so. The funny thing is that ot was the second time I had a serious injury to tht leg. Just a few years earlier during high school I was a superstar hurdler. During practice one day I came down on it wrong and rolled it really bad. Tore the 3 main tendons and ligaments and my tibia (weight bearing bone) pushed my fibula (stability) right off my ankle bone. The doctor didn't put me in a cast because there was no break. Gave me an air cast and crutches. Said I'll ne on crutches for 4-6 weeks and wouldn't (or most likley shouldn't) be running on it for 6 months. I was between indoor and outdoor track and there was no way I way going to miss my senior year of outdoor. So that night I decided to put the crutches down and man it up. Walked on it that day. Was running in it in 2 weeks when practice started. Went on to have a great season of outdoor track. But there were some changes. If not physically, at least mentally. Since the accident ibcouldnt start out of the blocks in the 110 hurdles and get to the first hurdle in the 7 steps required like I always had been. Nothing physically should have changes but mentally I couldn't pull it off. I tried all sorts of things. Facing the hurdles the opposite way in the track on a windy day to get the wind at my back. Starting out on the opposite foot to hit the first hurdle in 8 but still getting my lead leg up the first hurdle. Nothing worked. It took speaking with a previous state champ about my problem and one night before the section finals ibwa able to get it. Used it the next day and had the best start of my life in the finals.

I don't know if it was mental or physical or maybe just nothing but it affected me for sure. I'm not sure if it affected me because I didn't listen to the doctor about staying off it like he said but I recieved the dame injury almost exactly a year later while being stupid drunken wrestling/fighting with friends. Buddy jumped on my back and tried to suplex me over his shoulder but couldn't pick me up. All his weight and mine landed on that leg. Ended up doing everything ibdid in high school a year earlier but because my fibula was not resting on my ankle bone like it should have been (not sure if resting like the fox said would have changed this) it sent the force of the impact and broke my fibula all the way up near my knee. Odly enough In the same place Fred was wearing his bandage in Sunday on the sidelines.

Moral of this drawn out story. You can come back from this injury. It seriously sounds like Fred didn't almost the exact se thing. Didn't they say his ankle was bruised origionally? But then found the break? But you will be affected by it. Either physically, mentally, or more injury prone. I was also 18-19 when all this happened. Much easier to recover from this than a 30-31 year old abused body.

Enjoy his highlights while you can. He's done like thanksgiving turkey.

Happy goble gobble day everyone.

Sorry for the horrible spelling. Just woke up, typing on and iPhone.

What drama. Fred is under contract for another season. True or false?

True.

So are many other players that outplay their current contract.

Many of those hold out, stir the turds via twitter, the net and the media.

FJ did none, and was promised a new deal at season end.

Yes, I get it..too old, injury, blah blah flippin blah, but the man honored the contract he signed

and was prmoised something in return this offseason. Backing out of a deal like that, while being smart "business wise"

shows a lack of charactor IMO. Time was a man's word was his honor, I would just like to see

that in action in the face of the circumstance. FJ has earned it.

True.

So are many other players that outplay their current contract.

Many of those hold out, stir the turds via twitter, the net and the media.

FJ did none, and was promised a new deal at season end.

Yes, I get it..too old, injury, blah blah flippin blah, but the man honored the contract he signed

and was prmoised something in return this offseason. Backing out of a deal like that, while being smart "business wise"

shows a lack of charactor IMO. Time was a man's word was his honor, I would just like to see

that in action in the face of the circumstance. FJ has earned it.

So what is it? You said he is under contract right?

To honor his contract he technically should play it out and re-nogotiate it when completed.

What honor are you talking about? The fact that Fred has even asked to re-negotiate his contract suggests that he might not to honor the one he has.

I am not saying that he is not worth a new contract at a higher salary but please get your story straight.

If the Bills made a verbal committment to re-do his contract after the season then yes, they should come to the table. Lets take Freddy off the pedestal for acting like a normal person should act. He has a contract today that he has no legal choice but to honor.

So what is it? You said he is under contract right?

To honor his contract he technically should play it out and re-nogotiate it when completed.

What honor are you talking about? The fact that Fred has even asked to re-negotiate his contract suggests that he might not to honor the one he has.

I am not saying that he is not worth a new contract at a higher salary but please get your story straight.

If the Bills made a verbal committment to re-do his contract after the season then yes, they should come to the table. Lets take Freddy off the pedestal for acting like a normal person should act. He has a contract today that he has no legal choice but to honor.

Yes Bob, I am talking about a verbal commitment that I would like to see honored.

I agree, technically he should play out the deal that he signed which includes next year.

That being said, most players that out play a current contract ask for a new one before the old is up

which I do not agree with. Many players hold out and play games, Jason Peters comes to mind.

FJ is on a pedestal in my book as he didn't go that route and was given a verbal commitment that his contract

would be redone to reflect his excellent performance.

Interestingly enough, the reason most given by an athlete demanding a new deal while the current one is in force

in the NFL is injury. FJ sustaining the injury he has makes that promised new deal less likely, and it would have been to

his best interest to hold out until that new deal was in hand. FJ is on a pedestal because he knew that and the risks,

and still played like each game could be his last. Given that he held his part, I want to see The Bills hold up their part

despite the contract, despite the wrong side of 30, despite the injury.

How could Chan use Spiller and Fred effectively, or not misuse Fred to the point of "burning him out" (btw, a bone break isn't because he was getting overused and burned out :rolleyes::wallbash: )

The last time Chan tried to use Spiller more and give him extra carries, Fred and his Fanboys threw tantrums because Fred wasn't considered the "Starter" in a preseason game. If Fred and everyone gets so upset he isn't getting as many carries as possible in the preseason, how can you expect the coach to share carries in the regular season when stats count???

Fred is hurt, it sucks, but in football, guys get hurt, most teams have a few serious injuries.

Kyle Williams makes up part of a very poor core of the Bills team, and he is non impact and high motor without obvious talent? Fitz too??????

Not the core of a winner..

Yes Bob, I am talking about a verbal commitment that I would like to see honored.

I agree, technically he should play out the deal that he signed which includes next year.

That being said, most players that out play a current contract ask for a new one before the old is up

which I do not agree with. Many players hold out and play games, Jason Peters comes to mind.

FJ is on a pedestal in my book as he didn't go that route and was given a verbal commitment that his contract

would be redone to reflect his excellent performance.

Interestingly enough, the reason most given by an athlete demanding a new deal while the current one is in force

in the NFL is injury. FJ sustaining the injury he has makes that promised new deal less likely, and it would have been to

his best interest to hold out until that new deal was in hand. FJ is on a pedestal because he knew that and the risks,

and still played like each game could be his last. Given that he held his part, I want to see The Bills hold up their part

despite the contract, despite the wrong side of 30, despite the injury.

Ok. I agree with your assessment then.

He did not whine about things, he gave 100%, and he is one of the top RBs in the game. This injury is hopefully minor and does not complicate his situation.

The Bills should honor the verbal comittment (if they made one) and offer him a better deal to extend him. That would be the right thing to do and the Bills need to understand that news travels fast around the NFL. The Front Office in Buffalo is already considered suspect by players and agents.

Does anyone know how bad the break was? It could not be that bad if they thought it was a bruise. Will it require any surgery? Still something bad for a running back over 30. He should get a new K but the fact he is over 30 and now this has to have some impact. I hope they can get his a fair deal and CJ lights it up. Maybe Chan can learn to use both of them effectively next year. We love you Freddy. GO BILLS

I think the fact that it was initially reported the x-rays were negative, and Fred was observed standing at his locker, argues that it is a very subtle break. Of course that doesnt rule out involving tendon or ligament damage that would require surgery. So let's hope for the best. I agree with the posters who have said FJ was being over-used by Chan. :wallbash:

On the other hand, Thurman Thomas was "overused" and had a long career. Maybe with FJ out, Chan will figure out he needs to try some different sets and different kind of plays.

I'm not sure Wilson is classy to start with, but I do hope he pays FJ. The promise from Nix was he would be taken care of, see it through.

If the Bills made a verbal committment to re-do his contract after the season then yes, they should come to the table.

That was the report - that Nix had verbally promised FJ to re-negotiate an improved contract.

Pay a 31 year old Running back coming off a season ending leg injury??? Why, so us Bills fans can complain what a ludicrous idea it was to do that next year? Freddie has been a great player for the Bills however 31 year old running backs do not have a great track record in the NFL... We should use our soon to be top 5 pick next year to draft a RB.