If Spiller fails this week...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ doesn't need 100yds to prove himself. He doesn't even need 20 carries. All he needs is to show that he can step into a game as a starter and have an impact. If he has a few tough hard runs and a few catches and a respectable yard total. Win or lose that's all that should be expected. All he needs to do is not fumble and be patient and tough, give the coaches the confidence that they have 2 backs that handle the load, not just one. HERE'S YOUR SHOT C.J. BUFFALO IS BEHIND YOU!!!!!!

I have visions of Spiller at the goaline folding like a tent last week. I cannot believe this is the same guy that I watched dominate in college. He looks like he's lost all confidence. If he has a poor performance this week against the Jets (17th rush D), I think he's well on his way to being a bust. There is to much on the line for him and the Bills. I want to see the #9 pick take this game over and prove to Gailey and the brain-trust at OBD that they MUST make room for him in the backfield regardless of how well FJax has been playing.

SURE give him one game. That should CERTAINLY be a large enough sample size to make an assessment on a guy that gets 2 touches a game. Let's trade him away for a bag of chips and a soda. :wallbash: [insert standard insult about posters intelligence]

I for one would like to see Spiller prove all of us so-called "Doubters" wrong. I think I speak for all of us Doubters when I say that. It would be great to see it happen. Look for example what Darren Sproles does for the Saints out of the backfield. If Spiller could achieve those results it would be a very useful weapon for the Bills to have and to use. But if he fails, over the rest of the season to impress, than I and others will judge him not just on these upcoming games, but over the two years he has been here. Gailey will be judging him on how well he performed in practice over these two years. And remember that he practices against one of the worst rated Defenses in the league, he should look pretty good, at least in practice...

I for one would like to see Spiller prove all of us so-called "Doubters" wrong. I think I speak for all of us Doubters when I say that. It would be great to see it happen. Look for example what Darren Sproles does for the Saints out of the backfield. If Spiller could achieve those results it would be a very useful weapon for the Bills to have and to use. But if he fails, over the rest of the season to impress, than I and others will judge him not just on these upcoming games, but over the two years he has been here. Gailey will be judging him on how well he performed in practice over these two years. And remember that he practices against one of the worst rated Defenses in the league, he should look pretty good, at least in practice...

Fred obviously looked even better. Hard to get playing time behind the best RB in the NFL right now.

Boy...I certainly hope so...nothing would make me happier than to call one of our players a bust....wooo hoooo.....we suck.....WTF are we really that pessimistic a bunch????? I hope CJ plays well and becomes a very productive part of this team...

I have visions of Spiller at the goaline folding like a tent last week. I cannot believe this is the same guy that I watched dominate in college. He looks like he's lost all confidence. If he has a poor performance this week against the Jets (17th rush D), I think he's well on his way to being a bust. There is to much on the line for him and the Bills. I want to see the #9 pick take this game over and prove to Gailey and the brain-trust at OBD that they MUST make room for him in the backfield regardless of how well FJax has been playing.

I think another thing that is going without mention here is the reason Spiller hasn't been able to get on the field, FRED JACKSON. Jackson has been the lone bright spot we've had this year and established himself as one of the top RB's in the NFL. He was LEADING the NFL is rushing and 2nd only to Forte in total yards from scrimmage. It's hard to leapfrog a guy like that. I again compare CJ to McFadden, who was thought to be a complete bust by every Raider fan pretty much, until his 3rd NFL season when he finally got it going. The same characterizations were made about him. Has excellent speed, but can't run between the tackles. He's soft. He never waits for the play to develop. He's not a good blocker. Ect, ect, ect. This will be the first chance Spiller has really been given. Let's hope for the best and just hope he improves with every play on the field.

So he gets one start to prove himself? Yeah that makes sense

Wouldn't it make more sense to see how he does rest of year rather then his first start in nfl vs a defense that we all know is better then 17th in league?

Stats don't always tell whole story. Jets struggled vs run early in season but hv been much better lately

Boy...I certainly hope so...nothing would make me happier than to call one of our players a bust....wooo hoooo.....we suck.....WTF are we really that pessimistic a bunch????? I hope CJ plays well and becomes a very productive part of this team...

Geez, I wish I could be the super fan that you are some day. Instead of reacting to the first sentence or the title of the post, read through it. The problem with some of you Pollyanna posters is that you are so quick to attack anything that isn't pro-Bills that your replies don't wind up making sense.

The ... are very dramatic...reading comprehension...try it...

Geez, I wish I could be the super fan that you are some day. Instead of reacting to the first sentence or the title of the post, read through it. The problem with some of you Pollyanna posters is that you are so quick to attack anything that isn't pro-Bills that your replies don't wind up making sense.

The ... are very dramatic...reading comprehension...try it...

It's obvious from the title of the post that you WANT Spiller to fail.

It's obvious from the title of the post that you WANT Spiller to fail.

Let's try applying some logic to the CJ Spiller situation. How good can he be if he was the current regimes inaugural pick and he can't sniff the field? Fred Jackson was playing out of his mind but so is Arian Foster and somehow Tate gets 10-15 touches per game. This leads me to think that Gailey is underwhelmed by him. So my thought on this situation is that we are going to find out what Gailey already knows...he's just not that good. I hope he's great but I am not a superfan so I apologize for starting this post.