Use Misdirection Against The Jets Defense

With the banged up offensive line, lack of depth at WR we can't run the spread offense against them. They are just too physical and their secondary is just to damn good. We are not a pysical "pound the football" in the running game either. Despite what a lot of people think, its actually the pass that sets up the run. For example look at short yardage situations giving it to the back this year? We get manhandled at the line of scrimmage.

We need a lot of misdirection in our playbook this week. Things like reverses, double reverses, fake reverses as well as unusual formations and motion at the line with Brad Smith and CJ Spiller out of the back field as well as motioning to WR. Spiller is starting, get Brad Smith involved accommodate the Wild-cat, double option. Now for passing downs I like Fitz under center with trips bunch. If this is successful then maybe try to spread the ball out if they crowd the box.

If we just go to our normal spread short passing game were screwed and its not like we can throw the ball down field either.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Try some Tebow formations with CJ and Smith. They should get the ball at least 20 times.

Let CJ try to get around the edge, if Tebow can, he can. Keep trying CJ, not just A few carries and give up.

I agree. This is our only shot at doing anything on offense this week. I posted about it earlier.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/138887-use-misdirection-against-the-jets-defense/

Last year in AFC title game Pittsburgh used two TE offense against Jets and went toe to toe with them. They even put a third offensive tackle at TE a few series.

NE does it as well to neutralize Ryan's overloaded blitz packages. I wonder if Chan would ever put Lee Smith and Chandler on the field with McIntyre and pound the ball even for a series. I am having a hard time thinking the spread offense is exclusively going to work against NY Sunday.

Chandler is a pretty shi--y blocker though. I see him get thrown around a lot. I don't know if I've ever seen Lee Smith on the field...

Since we got manhandled by the Jests a few weeks ago, I hope Chan comes up with something other than letting our wuss receivers get jammed and beat up.

Try some Tebow formations with CJ and Smith. They should get the ball at least 20 times.

Let CJ try to get around the edge, if Tebow can, he can. Keep trying CJ, not just A few carries and give up.

"If Tebow can, CJ can" now that's a fallacy if ever I heard one.

Tebow 6'3", 238 lbs. Got around the edge by breaking/shaking the first tackle. And sometimes the second and third tackle.

Spiller 5'11", 197 lbs (maybe-dripping wet with cleats on). Seems to be leading the league in "stops by shoestring tackle".

Question: is it against league rules to put slippery stuff on your cleats and socks?

Last year in AFC title game Pittsburgh used two TE offense against Jets and went toe to toe with them. They even put a third offensive tackle at TE a few series.

NE does it as well to neutralize Ryan's overloaded blitz packages. I wonder if Chan would ever put Lee Smith and Chandler on the field with McIntyre and pound the ball even for a series. I am having a hard time thinking the spread offense is exclusively going to work against NY Sunday.

This is exactly my thinking. We have 3 TE on our roster, plus a really good blocking fullback. We are tremendously thin at WR and OL.

Now if ever would seem to be the time to bring them out.

The problem with reverses, double reverses, and other "gadget plays" is, if you get overpowered or overloaded on the line, they quickly get stuffed for a loss.

There is nothing wrong with having our WR's and TE develop their blocking skills with screens and counters and running weak side gadgets.

And heck i would follow Corey anywhere. Hear that CJ? follow your lead blocker. x2 if it's your full back and he is hitting a gap near Andy. Mr Levitre is going to have agood game today.