Use Misdirection Against The Jets Defense

A power running game strategy is an absolute fail. We are NOT a power running team. In short yardage situations where we have used power formations we get stuffed, just look at short yardage situations this year - we suck at converting unless we run the wildcat.

But you will say Fred Jackson is leading the league in rushing...well

The majority of that yardage came from running the ball successfully out of shotgun when we are able to spread the ball out of 3 and 4 wr sets.

Again using I formations with the fullback and twin TE is not going to get us anywhere especially with a scat back. Our TE's can't block either.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

A power running game strategy is an absolute fail. We are NOT a power running team. In short yardage situations where we have used power formations we get stuffed, just look at short yardage situations this year - we suck at converting unless we run the wildcat.

But you will say Fred Jackson is leading the league in rushing...well

The majority of that yardage came from running the ball successfully out of shotgun when we are able to spread the ball out of 3 and 4 wr sets.

Again using I formations with the fullback and twin TE is not going to get us anywhere especially with a scat back. Our TE's can't block either.

Well, there you have it. We can not do anything we have not already done, even if we try different sets. We already know players we haven't seen yet on offense (Smith and Caussin) can't block.

Our only chance is to "not allow the Jets to jam our WR" (and how are we gonna stop 'em?) and run from shotgun after spreading the ball out of 3 and 4 wr sets.....

Since that last has been working SOOOOOO well the last 3 weeks....I guess we're just doomed, Forever