What Andy Levitre

Bob in STL

... the very next time he sees Buddy Nix is give him a kick in the balls.

Levitre's shot gun snaps were lousy all game long and that in itself made Fitz's job harder. I do not blame Andy for this though, not when he is staring down a 360lb NT.

We started this season with one back-up tackle on the roster, a rookie at that. Reminds me of Cordero Howard being our top back-up last year.

We have no back-up center on the roster. Really? Levitre has NEVER played center. Don't even tell me about Urbik because if he was a better choice and they did not use him instead of Levitre then that makes Gailey just as bad. Wood is hurt and we did not even add a lineman this week, not even to the practice squad.

Going back to the Lee Evans trade, our front office is filled with baffoons. This is not rocket science.

Edited by Bob in STL

We have no back-up center on the roster. Really? Levitre has NEVER played center. Don't even tell me about Urbik because if he was a better choice and they did not use him instead of Levitre then that makes Gailey just as bad. Wood is hurt and we did not even add a lineman this week, not even to the practice squad.

You can't expect them to tip their hand on Jasper so early in the season. 0:)

Andy played the role some in college.. it wasn't out of the question...he handled the duties fine in the preseason. It was pretty understandable that a good scenario if wood should go down that Levitre slides to center and Rhinehart fills in at guard, allowing a scenario where the best lineman stay on the field. Of coarse it backfired today, but it wasn't that ridiculous of a game plan.

Andy played the role some in college.. it wasn't out of the question...he handled the duties fine in the preseason. It was pretty understandable that a good scenario if wood should go down that Levitre slides to center and Rhinehart fills in at guard, allowing a scenario where the best lineman stay on the field. Of coarse it backfired today, but it wasn't that ridiculous of a game plan.

He played tackle in college. Can't find anything that says he ever played a game at center in college. I don't recall him playing any center in preseason, but Urbik did.

This team did not bring adequate OL depth into the season, just like last year. It is typical for an NFL team to dress at least 8 offensive linemen - a swing tackle, a player that can play gaurd and tackle, and another player that can play guard and center.

Put Levietre back at guard and sign a real Center this week somewhere.

Levitre's shot gun snaps were lousy all game long and that in itself made Fitz's job harder. I do not blame Andy for this though, not when he is staring down a 360lb NT.

We started this season with one back-up tackle on the roster, a rookie at that. Reminds me of Cordero Howard being our top back-up last year.

Going back to the Lee Evans trade, our front office is filled with baffoons. This is not rocket science.

Hangatrener would have been perfect backup for depth at C and guard. No we cut him.

Put Levietre back at guard and sign a real Center this week somewhere.

Hangatrener would have been perfect backup for depth at C and guard. No we cut him.

Hangartner starts for Carolina. Not saying he is a great center but he is better than nothing, as in no backup.

We kept Colin Brown on the roster for a 2nd year (was on the PS for awhile). Is he better than Hargartner? Heck no. If he was he would have stepped in.

Another dumb move to save a little bit of money.

I seem to remember in the beginning of the season when they were talking about giving the starting center job to Wood the feed back on weather to get rid of Hangartener or not .

Well i'll just bet he is laughing his ass off right now :oops: !! Not to mention what some of you said about going into the game with not near enough O line depth .

I like what Chan & Buddy have brought to our team but some of their decisions i just don't get ----- at all !!!

It looks like this year is going to go something like past years --- 2009 - 5 & 1 start , sign Jauron to an extension & the wheels fall off fast forward 2011 - 5 & 1 start sign Fitz to a huge contract & the wheels fall off !!!

Maybe there is something to Ralph wanting to be a cheap skate as some think !!!! HMMMM !!! :cry:

Levitre was inept today. Incompetent. But the man has never played center so the blame falls on Nix and FAILey for leaving him in there. And to play shotgun the whole game and then run a qb sneak with him at c was a fireable offense in my book.

Hangartner was cut in a blatant salary dump, per usual. Shocking that it came back to bite 'em.

agree. We are always replacing the same positions because we do stupid things like that.

Next draft what will we do? Draft a WR, or a LT, or a pass rusher? I know, lets pick a gaurd!

You were going along just fine. Then you had to ruin it by saying something stupid. The Bills got a 4th rounder for a wr that's caught two freakin passes. Nothing like making Buddy look smart.

What gets me is when Nix and Gailey went into their first draft they were asking about the O line, they both stated it was a "priority" then they didn't draft anyone until round 5, and again in round 7. Both were after thoughts and both have been cut. I just don't get how an offensive minded HC can keep trying to make do with 3 scrubs on it! Whats crazy tho is the scrubs picked off the waiver wire are not the biggest problem

You were going along just fine. Then you had to ruin it by saying something stupid. The Bills got a 4th rounder for a wr that's caught two freakin passes. Nothing like making Buddy look smart.

Evans is hurt and out so that explains the 2 catches. That has nothing to do with Buddy Nix. Baltimore sure wishes thay had him.

Not saying that Evans is a Pro Bowler and a 4th rounder seems fair based on his recnt past but Evans brings more than Jones, Roosevelt, and Ruvell Martin can ever bring.

Watch the games and then tell me we improved ourselves at WR in the off season.

What gets me is when Nix and Gailey went into their first draft they were asking about the O line, they both stated it was a "priority" then they didn't draft anyone until round 5, and again in round 7. Both were after thoughts and both have been cut. I just don't get how an offensive minded HC can keep trying to make do with 3 scrubs on it! Whats crazy tho is the scrubs picked off the waiver wire are not the biggest problem

I can excuse the 2009 draft when it comes to OL because they obviously had higher rated players on the board when their number was up. For picking up Urbik and Pears I give them credit.

Still -- my issue is two straight season coming in with no experienced depth on OL. This season has become a repeat of last year on the OL. We are just lucky that Hairston is holding up well for a rookie, he is not a natural LT. We are not lucky at center. Just when Wood was starting to dominate and become the player we expected he could be.

Edited by Bob in STL

How about that 25 million in unused cap space? There wasn't any veteran lineman available with 10% unemployment on average?

We had Hangartner but we cut him and replaced him with Colin Brown off of somebodies practice squad. Colin makes the league minimum wage by the way.

face it every decision made on tis team is based on saving ralph as much money as possible. Hangman was a logical choice to keep on roster for backup depth yet we decided be better t cut him and save some salary since he wasnt starting anymore. Oh well there was hope that this december would matter but looks like sunday afternoons will be better spent raking leaves

Edited by bills_fan_in_raleigh