[closed]Toomer would take tebow over sanchez

truth on hold

Toomer, responding to a question from Rothenberg, chose Tebow, in part, because of Sanchez's lack of "upside."

"[Tebow] and Sanchez are both not great quarterbacks," Toomer said. "The only reason why I'd say Tebow is because we've seen what Sanchez can do. This is his third year. Tebow hasn't even started for a whole season. Give the kid an opportunity to prove himself a little bit more and I think he can ... work on his technique."

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7254336

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Making fun of the dudes faith.... That's hilarious :rolleyes:

i know, the tebow hate is all because of his devout faith. i am not a bible thumper, but do get pi$$ed when tebow is mocked because of it. i wonder if tebow were a practicing muslim ,if would he be treated as he is now,or would "tolerance" be in play.

Edited by dwight in philly

He has all the religious fantasy stats: 35 conversions, 2 prophetic visions, 6 spoken tongues, and a 96% bible thumping ratio

Wow. If you have a problem with Tebow on that score,

must really have driven you nuts. His post game comments must have driven you to throw up on your TV and burn all your Bills gear.

Wow. If you have a problem with Tebow on that score,

must really have driven you nuts. His post game comments must have driven you to throw up on your TV and burn all your Bills gear.

or David Nelson, or Nick Barnett, or Brad Smith, or CJ Spiller, etc.

Wow. If you have a problem with Tebow on that score, Frank Reich must really have driven you nuts. His post game comments must have driven you to throw up on your TV and burn all your Bills gear.

It's not just the fact that he is religious that makes him an easy target, it is the fact that he has appeared nationally on commericials preaching his faith, and it is so blunt about keeping his schoolboy image. The reality is that he is probably not a virgin and isn't as devout as he presents himself to be. He is using religion like a congressman that "believes in moral values" and then is found blowing a guy in an airport bathroom.

IMO, Pro athletes, in general, credit God for their own successes way too much, which I found especially funny when Stevie blamed God for his drop vs Pittsburgh, he got flamed for saying that. Reality is either god influences it both ways or most likely the athletes play without divine intervention.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.