Demarcus Ware Fined

JerryG83

Demarcus Ware has been fined $15,000 by the NFL for his helmet to helmet hit on Fitzpatrick early in the 3rd quarter of last week's game. It drew a 15 yard penalty but it seemed unintentional as Ware helped Fitzy up soon after. To me, Ware doesn't seem like a dirty player. Glad he is ok. Go Bills!!! Squish the Fish!!!

Demarcus Ware has been fined $15,000 by the NFL for his helmet to helmet hit on Fitzpatrick early in the 3rd quarter of last week's game. It drew a 15 yard penalty but it seemed unintentional as Ware helped Fitzy up soon after. To me, Ware doesn't seem like a dirty player. Glad he is ok. Go Bills!!! Squish the Fish!!!

It was absolutely intentional unless he closed his eyes or something. I watched the replay, the dude should be fined. Helping a player up afterward is meaningless, sometimes done to make themselves look good after they know they just did something they shouldn't.

You didn't see him helping up Fitz on his other clean sack did you?

Hits like that aren't only illegal but they can be game changing because they can concuss the brain and disorient the QB. Some people think Trent Edwards was never the same EVER after that hit against the Cards.

$15,000 is a joke for Ware. My guess is he doesn't pay it from his own pocket anyway.

It doesn't matter if it is intentional. It was helmet to helmet, period. Like it or not, that's the rule.

I am actually glad they are enforcing them all. Even if I didn't like the rule, the "this one counts, this one doesn't" stuff is worse.

Think about face mask penalties... The 5-yard incidental face mask call was always a load of crap, a tough call for the official.

Wish I could see the replay of the hit on Wood. What a loss. Than we could tell about Ware. Ware could have killed Fitzz on that 1st sack and didn't so it's hard to see the mind set. Helmet to helmet is just wrong. 15K should go to the player who gets hit.

I don't think Ware is a dirty player. As previously mentioned, he didn't kill Fitz on the first unblocked sack, and he helped him up immediately after the penalized hit (which looked like he hit him by accident and wanted to make it up). Hell - he was going so fast after blowing up Levitre on every passing play it was probably tough to slow down.

Incidental contact happens. That said, the penalty and the fine are still appropriate. A lack of bad intentions don't change actions.

Wish I could see the replay of the hit on Wood. What a loss. Than we could tell about Ware. Ware could have killed Fitzz on that 1st sack and didn't so it's hard to see the mind set. Helmet to helmet is just wrong. 15K should go to the player who gets hit.

It wasn't a dirty hit at all. He barely even hit him.

It wasn't a dirty hit at all. He barely even hit him.

I disagree. Wood was looking downfield at the play, which wasn't even near them and Ware came from behind and put his shoulder into him. It was a cheap shot on a guy who wasn't looking or engaged in the play. They were both running so even though he barely hit him, the extra momentum was enough to cause him to fall akwardly. Most likely, he was not intending to hurt Wood, but it was a cheap shot none the less.

It wasn't a dirty hit...give me a break. Wood should have been watching out. It's not Ware's fault Wood's knee buckled. People get too sensitive when players get hurt. It happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=azDBYUrh3ZM

He barely even gave him a shoulder...

I still disagree. Hitting a guy from behind while he is running full speed or close to it, is a cheap shot. Like I said, the injury wasn't intended, but it still wasn't a fair hit.

I still disagree. Hitting a guy from behind while he is running full speed or close to it, is a cheap shot. Like I said, the injury wasn't intended, but it still wasn't a fair hit.

If that's whats considered a dirty hit in the NFL now, then we might as well just put the pads up and play flag football instead.

Haha, ok...

I agree with him cant and you have never obviously played football from a line position where they players are heavier...

Should have been watching out? After the play was past them and over? Really?

Let me tell you something....these are the types of plays that linemen DO get hurt from.....trust me on that

I agree with him cant and you have never obviously played football from a line position where they players are heavier...

Let me tell you something....these are the types of plays that linemen DO get hurt from.....trust me on that

Agreed. Cheap shot.

Cry me a river...that was weak. It's unfortunate that Wood got hurt, but please...that was the weakest hit to end someone's season probably ever.

I didn't hear one Bills player or coach crying that it was a cheap shot.

Cry me a river...that was weak. It's unfortunate that Wood got hurt, but please...that was the weakest hit to end someone's season probably ever.

I didn't hear one Bills player or coach crying that it was a cheap shot.

Honestly it probably had more to do with the field then the hit. He planted weird, it's not like ware targeted him.

So on one side woods out of the play, and on the other he's going full speed?

Ware isn't a dirty player. Woods injury was dumb luck and the hit on fitz was part of normal play (should be fined, doesn't mean he was trying to kill him though).