Demarcus Ware Fined

JerryG83

So on one side woods out of the play, and on the other he's going full speed?

Correct. It takes the big guys awhile to slow down. You can be going near full speed and still be out of the play. I never said Ware intended to hurt Wood, I never even said he should be fined for it. I simply said it was a cheap shot, and it was. He hit a guy who wasn't looking and intentionally knocked him down. The injury was an unfortunate side effect.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Correct. It takes the big guys awhile to slow down. You can be going near full speed and still be out of the play. I never said Ware intended to hurt Wood, I never even said he should be fined for it. I simply said it was a cheap shot, and it was. He hit a guy who wasn't looking and intentionally knocked him down. The injury was an unfortunate side effect.

Well, not seeing a clip of it, I'm mostly going off memory.

Espn description below:

Turning to chase down Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman, Wood said he was attempting to sidestep a Dallas player when he ran into linebacker DeMarcus Ware and fell awkwardly

Well, not seeing a clip of it, I'm mostly going off memory.

Espn description below:

Turning to chase down Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman, Wood said he was attempting to sidestep a Dallas player when he ran into linebacker DeMarcus Ware and fell awkwardly

Watch the clip, it is in this thread. That was not the case in my opinion. Ware clearly lined him up and hit him when he wasn't looking. It doesn't look like a hard hit but it was enough to knock him over and was not part of the play.

Watch the clip, it is in this thread. That was not the case in my opinion. Ware clearly lined him up and hit him when he wasn't looking. It doesn't look like a hard hit but it was enough to knock him over and was not part of the play.

Ah- missed the link and didn't find one when I searched. If it was the other way we would demand Kelsey hit the lineman harder. He was in the play. Newman cuts inside, and wood gets a hand on him- ware gets flamed if he strolls by without even a small chip. He was close enough and pursuing, that hit is the minimum acceptable, not excessive.

Difference of opinion I guess.

Cry me a river...that was weak. It's unfortunate that Wood got hurt, but please...that was the weakest hit to end someone's season probably ever.

I didn't hear one Bills player or coach crying that it was a cheap shot.

This board gets worse and worse every day with armchair quarterbacks that think they know everything.....dont know ****.....and wont admit when they are wrong

This is the exact same type of play that ended MY playing days.....a blind side cheap shot where I fell awkwardly and my cleat stuck in the turf.

Players that are 300 plus pounds their bodys dont react well when they are barely moving and are hit from behind by someone that is when they are expecting the play to be over. That is exactly how you blow out a knee.

And no....Ware was not trying to injure Wood...he was giving him the "business"

You are THEE armchair quarterback on this board, John.

Like I said, not one Bills player said it was a cheap shot, not one coach...only HOMERS like you!

It sucks Wood got hurt, but that was not a cheap shot by any means. Lol get over it!

Like I said....cant admit when your wrong. As if there is some kind of trophy for "not admitting it"

Just because you're acting like a Sally doesn't mean I'm wrong. Maybe you should start a poll and see if other people think it was a cheap shot?

It's football. You better have your "head on a swivel" if you're on the field, especially on a turnover. Wood looked like he went down like a clumsy oaf...that doesn't mean it was a cheap shot.

: )

I don't think Ware purposely set out to hurt Wood, this is the kind of play that shouldn't happen because Wood was not going to have any impact on the play so he shouldn't be touched. To that point, how many times does a shove like that result in nothing where the player gets up and walks away with no injury? Just happens in this case, Wood goes down awkwardly and tears up his knee. It's a shame, but as I said, IMO the contact is unnecessary. Wood was not going to have an impact on the play so there's no point in hitting/shoving/giving him the business a love tap or whatever.