L.A. Football Stadium

"This makes it feel much more like a football stadium and it will not detract from a beautiful Sunday afternoon,"

He said this with no apparent irony.

"This showcases the advantage of being in Los Angeles, how people would rather be outside or inside,"

I guess people "in Minneapolis or Miami" would rather not be inside or outside.

This story will be more intersting when they show pictures of an active stadium construction site.

I heard from a big shot ad agency in Southern Cal on Monday of this week that they have it on good authority that the San Diego Chargers are moving to LA after this season (Which they can as the lease is up on Qualcomm). The people he allegedly learned this from are already positioning marketing opportunities with the new LA Chargers....Who knows?

I hope not . It should be Jacksonville first, then Oakland , then St Louis. San Diego, with 50 years of NFL heritage and being a super nice city should have an NFL team....We shall see.

Geez, they hadn't even built the :censored: in' thing yet and it's like it already gets a $100M redesign....

From what I read, Al's passing put into motion the potential for a mad scramble to see which team moves to LA first. Apparently Al's son was more inclined to listen to the LA people than Al was, which could prompt the Chargers to move there first and stake out their territory. Would the league allow 2 teams from the same division, Chargers and Raiders, to play in L.A.? Stay tuned...

I like the way the stadium looks. Very futuristic and graceful. Granted, it's different from the tough guy, "I eat nothing more sophisticated than beef and potatoes," NFL norm. But that's okay.

I do find it ironic that it's called "Farmers Field." Since when did Los Angeles become a city of farmers? :lol:

Edited by Edwards' Arm

"This showcases the advantage of being in Los Angeles, how people would rather be outside or inside," said Ron Turner, principal of the project's lead architect, Gensler. "We need a symbol, a gateway. It's important for people to say, 'Wow! That's L.A.' "

Wow....that's an LA fruitcake speaking - makes me want to kick his pansy ass!!! (summoning my inner Ditka).