Buddy Nix should have hired...

1billsfan

The Giants were ranked 30th the year before Fewell got there. This league is a young coaches league now. Guys like Jauron and Gailey are freaking dinosaurs. They're too slow to move and are too stuck in their predictable ways.

The NFL game and the NFL players are 180 degrees different than from when they were relevant.

I get why people are angry with me with this post, but deep down they all know I'm right. This team was already moving in the right direction when Fewell was the head coach. I'm completely serious about this, I hope they bring him back.

You need a more complete body of work than one year. The Giants defense has been solid since their last superbowl win. Fewell hasn't magically turned around a bad defense into a great defense. They have been great defense for a long time.

Fewell was as predictable as a DC as you can get in Buffalo. The Dick Jauron of defensive strategy. The classic "bend but don't break". Basic cover 2 and cover 3.

Fewell has a lot of talented defensive players in NY especially on the line. Mainly players that can get to the quarterback with just sending 4.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Fewell should have been given a shot as head coach, but I think Gailey has proven to be a very effective coach and I suspect is a better game day coach than Perry. I think it will be interesting to see how Gailey pulls the team together after the Dallas game. Nine wins.

To me, these last two games tells me that it's no longer a team talent issue, it's a head coaching issue. I'm seeing lack of focus and execution that are the stuff of first pre season games. Do they have to win? No. Do they have to not get laughed out of the building two games in a row playing mediocre teams? Yes.

I think the players are completely lost out there. I'd be surprised if we beat Miami. I'd be surprised if we win another game this season.

Maybe the players are sensing that Gailey doesn't really care or have a passion for whether they win or lose. I don't know what it is, but there is a major problem and it's not just a "depth" issue.

I'd love to see Ryan (the Cowboys DC) as our head coach. Gailey to OC. Wanstead/Bradley as DC.

To me, these last two games tells me that it's no longer a team talent issue, it's a head coaching issue. I'm seeing lack of focus and execution that are the stuff of first pre season games. Do they have to win? No. Do they have to not get laughed out of the building two games in a row playing mediocre teams? Yes.

I think the players are completely lost out there. I'd be surprised if we beat Miami. I'd be surprised if we win another game this season.

Maybe the players are sensing that Gailey doesn't really care or have a passion for whether they win or lose. I don't know what it is, but there is a major problem and it's not just a "depth" issue.

I think your right. In the interview last night, when talking about the defense, he said he "did not know" whether we had the Blitz packages in. WTF, your the HEAD COACH. How do you not know what your defensive plan for the game is. :wallbash: It's clear he can't run a team and needs to be demoted to OC.

Oh, Christ. I can't believe that a guy who would have maintained the status quo of tampax 2 finesse is being touted as an alternate universe savior, except for that I can, for this is Two Bills Drive.

Fewell's vaunted defense couldn't put away the mighty seahawks or the Alex Smith juggernaut. He is a perfect fit for the Jekyll and Hyde performers on the giants.

Gailey has forgotten more than Fewell will ever know about offense, and that is what this team needed. Put down the crack pipe. Next, Please.

I'd love to see Ryan (the Cowboys DC) as our head coach. Gailey to OC. Wanstead/Bradley as DC.

That would be a great idea! You obviuosly get where I'm coming from. Today's players respond to guys with outward passion towards the game. You need to be smart, dedicated AND have passion.

Fewell has that passion and enthusiasm and obviously so does a guy like Rob Ryan. It's embarrassing how dispirited this team has looked these last two games.

I really think guys like Jauron and Gailey are too cerebral for today's game. The players look at them and say, "****, if he don't care why the **** should I?"

That would be a great idea! You obviuosly get where I'm coming from. Today's players respond to guys with outward passion towards the game. You need to be smart, dedicated AND have passion.

Fewell has that passion and enthusiasm and obviously so does a guy like Rob Ryan. It's embarrassing how dispirited this team has looked these last two games.

I really think guys like Jauron and Gailey are too cerebral for today's game. The players look at them and say, "****, if he don't care why the **** should I?"

Exactly! Plus, I would love to see the divisional Ryan v. Ryan matchups. Our guys would be pumped and ready to go every week w/ Ryan, particularly on Jets week.

Edited by RyanC883

Exactly! Plus, I would love to see the divisional Ryan v. Ryan matchups. Our guys would be pumped and ready to go every week w/ Ryan, particularly on Jets week.

There is a reason why Rob Ryan has had trouble keeping a job.

Still, I really wish that Chan would have hired a top DC when he took over, rather than an inexperienced guy like Edwards. An offensive-minded head coach really needs to have a top drawer DC. When I saw that they had brought in Dave Wanny in the off-season I had high hopes. Of course, who knows how much input he really has? Also, the truth of the matter is that the Bills simply do not have the horses they need right now, so I am not sure how much coaching at any level would help this sad state of affairs with the defense. I am troubled by the quantity of draft picks that have been invested to help the defense the past 2 years -- and the lack of any immediate return.

the bills have lots of problems.....but chan is not one of them.

Injuries....the best player on defense (K. Williams) on I.R.....both OLB's, both LT's out, now the center with a torn ACL, etc....

ya ya, i know, everyone deals with injuries....blah blah blah.

...Perry Fewell for head coach instead of Chan Gailey. I was in favor of Fewell becoming permanent HC and I still stand by that.

Forget the defensive argument, Fewell even had more instincts on offense than Gailey had. Fewell knew Edwards was garbage and he clearly liked Fitzpatrick as his starting QB. Chan literally screwed up his biggest decision with his new team and first head coaching job in over a decade.

If I were Nix I'd get rid of Gailey at the end of the season and beg for Perry Fewell to come back. I loved Fewell's enthusiasm. His career mirrored that of his players. Anybody else wish Fewell was the choice now? Any chance we can get him back here as our head coach?

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: Chan should have hired a real Defensive coordinator like I don't Rob Ryan or Mangini guys who have been successful at those positions.

Wish Cower would have come here as Chan would still be here but Bill would make sure we ran the ball more and actually use the Fullback along with a real 34 zone blitzing team like he ran Pittsburgh.

Then go be a Giants fan! Give it a rest. Chan has done nothing short of bring the Bills back to respectful. Granted two huge losses does not look good. Look at what he has done and with what talent. Chan is a proven success story and has the team up and running. They get beat a few times and your calling for his head! Delete this post Please

For me its nine wins or out for Chan and Buddy. I'm inclined even now to think we'll get the nine wins. If not..I say give it to Fewell. He's going to be a head coach soon and it might as well be here.