Buddy Nix should have hired...

1billsfan

...Perry Fewell for head coach instead of Chan Gailey. I was in favor of Fewell becoming permanent HC and I still stand by that.

Forget the defensive argument, Fewell even had more instincts on offense than Gailey had. Fewell knew Edwards was garbage and he clearly liked Fitzpatrick as his starting QB. Chan literally screwed up his biggest decision with his new team and first head coaching job in over a decade.

If I were Nix I'd get rid of Gailey at the end of the season and beg for Perry Fewell to come back. I loved Fewell's enthusiasm. His career mirrored that of his players. Anybody else wish Fewell was the choice now? Any chance we can get him back here as our head coach?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good god, a couple of hard losses and the Troll Circle Jerk comes back full force.

Nice to see DreReed83, billsfreak, and 1billsfan crawl out of their holes to get their shots in considering they've been gone for most of the season since the Bills were winning and they had nothing to cry about...

:rolleyes::thumbdown:

Edited by DrDareustein

I would add that in Gailey's first training camp in Buffalo, Fitz was the WORST QB of the bunch. He flat out sucked. Edwards and Broehm were way out in front. Coaches have to go by what they see. Fitz gave him no reason for confidence early on.

GO BILLS!!!

...Perry Fewell for head coach instead of Chan Gailey. I was in favor of Fewell becoming permanent HC and I still stand by that.

Forget the defensive argument, Fewell even had more instincts on offense than Gailey had. Fewell knew Edwards was garbage and he clearly liked Fitzpatrick as his starting QB. Chan literally screwed up his biggest decision with his new team and first head coaching job in over a decade.

If I were Nix I'd get rid of Gailey at the end of the season and beg for Perry Fewell to come back. I loved Fewell's enthusiasm. His career mirrored that of his players. Anybody else wish Fewell was the choice now? Any chance we can get him back here as our head coach?

I agree the hiring of Gailey was questionable, but not anymore questionable then the hiring of Nix himself. He is the GM, so he is the one that has us a roster of "no names" and draft busts, and has one good pick out of two full drafts so far.

I agree the hiring of Gailey was questionable, but not anymore questionable then the hiring of Nix himself. He is the GM, so he is the one that has us a roster of "no names" and draft busts, and has one good pick out of two full drafts so far.

Doug Whaley!

LOL. You can't be serious? LOL

Fewell is not head coaching material. Defensively we were garbage when he was DC. We suffer from the same problems then when he was coaching here. Can't stop the run, can't cover tight ends, can't put any pressure on the QB.

Say in your fantasy world, Fewell gets a headcoaching position somewhere. He would not be doing anything on the offensive side of the football.

True, Nix has a lot accountability in this mess also. As for Fewell, unfortunately he was part of the Jauron regime, because I think that he was and will be a very good head coach. I hate being right about this one because he's gone and thriving with the Giants while our defense is the worst this franchise has ever seen.

Gailey clearly is not a good head coach. There was a reason why he never got another chance after Dallas. He just isn't smart enough and seems to have no discernible instincts for players, coaches and game planning.

Edited by 1billsfan

True, Nix has a lot accountability in this mess also. As for Fewell, unfortunately he was part of the Jauron regime, because I think that he was and will be a very good head coach. I hate being right about this one because he's gone and thriving with the Giants while our defense is the worst this franchise has ever seen.

Gailey clearly is not a good head coach. There was a reason why he never got another chance after Dallas. He just isn't smart enough and seems to have no discernible instincts for players, coaches and game planning.

The Giants defense has been thriving for many years now, WAY before Fewell took over as DC. So good in fact, the DC for the giants was hired as a head coach. They have had one of the best defensive lines in the game for a while now. Their D-line is just flat out dominant. It's the players and not Fewells scheme. He is just along for the ride.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The Giants defense has been thriving for many years now, WAY before Fewell took over as DC. So good in fact, the DC for the giants was hired as a head coach. They have had one of the best defensive lines in the game for a while now. Their D-line is just flat out dominant. It's the players and not Fewells scheme. He is just along for the ride.

The Giants were ranked 30th the year before Fewell got there. This league is a young coaches league now. Guys like Jauron and Gailey are freaking dinosaurs. They're too slow to move and are too stuck in their predictable ways.

The NFL game and the NFL players are 180 degrees different than from when they were relevant.

I get why people are angry with me with this post, but deep down they all know I'm right. This team was already moving in the right direction when Fewell was the head coach. I'm completely serious about this, I hope they bring him back.