Nelson's move

BRH

Okay, maybe I'm one of the only ones who thinks the move was cringeworthy... but I hope I'm not the only one who appreciates the irony of two pages of posts telling me to stop blowing everything out of proportion. :)

The most embarrassing thing about yesterday absolutely was the way the team played. I expressed my opinion on our play in the appropriate topics and in the chatroom. And I am now sure that David Nelson is Jesus reincarnated, since so many of you posters claim to know him well. After all, you follow him on Twitter!

I simply wondered if others had the same reaction I did to Nelson's move. I was sure some didn't. That's fine. I didn't post about it to get everyone to agree with me, and I'm not offended that many of you disagree.

That said, I still think he could have given her the ball (and whatever else he wanted to give her) after the game.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Jones is as media conscious as anyone and I seriously doubt he'd risk the backlash for something so harmless.

I think you are correct, Jerry Jones is a power hungry, money monger with a messed up plastic surgery face, but stupid he is not. I am not sure how anyone could conceive anything negative from this, and there would be a backlash if she was to get fired.

i doubt they have a problem with them dating....that's in their personal life.

lucky for her, they won big.....if the bills had won, and the same thing occurred, that's the type of thing jerry jones would overreact to. i still think she is going to lose her job over this.

Cheerleader could lose job for touchdown celebration:

http://www.wtop.com/...351&sid=2632132

What a special day today was! I feel so blessed & so proud of @DavidNelson86! Thanks for my game ball, I wont let go of it :) happiest girl!

KelsiReich

The article you quoted contains comments from a former Redskins cheerleading director and all she said was, "I would worry she would lose her job." Then they go on to list the rules and none of them cover anything close to this situation. Clearly that is all rampant speculation meant to drive traffic to the site. There is probably about a .01% chance that she would get fired over this. Dropping the game ball that her long-time boyfriend gave her and playfully kicking it? Are you kidding me?!?

Okay, maybe I'm one of the only ones who thinks the move was cringeworthy... but I hope I'm not the only one who appreciates the irony of two pages of posts telling me to stop blowing everything out of proportion. :)

The most embarrassing thing about yesterday absolutely was the way the team played. I expressed my opinion on our play in the appropriate topics and in the chatroom. And I am now sure that David Nelson is Jesus reincarnated, since so many of you posters claim to know him well. After all, you follow him on Twitter!

I simply wondered if others had the same reaction I did to Nelson's move. I was sure some didn't. That's fine. I didn't post about it to get everyone to agree with me, and I'm not offended that many of you disagree.

That said, I still think he could have given her the ball (and whatever else he wanted to give her) after the game.

You're not the only one. It was a cheesy move bordering on childish. Had the gesture been made toward the end of the game with the Bills winning, it may not be so bad. But to run around the entire field in the midst of a drubbing at the behest of the Cowboys, on the road, is juvenile. Doubt Bellichick, Sean Payton or Mike McCarthy would not have tolerated that kind of thing.

The most embarrassing thing about this board is your post.

David Nelson is a good slot receiver. I've seen him take some big hits and make some plays this year. No alligator arms. He's tough and he takes his job seriously. So why should anyone be offended if he shows his girl a little affection. Not the sort of thing you would expect Iron Mike or Ty Cobb to do, but this is the 21st century.

I thought it was cool.

I agree, nothing wrong with the move.....For the person who suggested it would be ok if we were up 21-0 ummm think about TO standing on the star....I don't think it would have been received to well had it been that scenario. Also, it was well covered leading up to the game that Nelson dated one of them. Honestly, if i was dating a Cowboys cheerleader that looked like that I would mark my territory on national TV....Hell he plays for the Bills! Cut him some slack. He wont get that chance for at least 4 more years most likely. Unless, by some stroke of misfrotune we play the Boys in the Bowl......god i hope not....we tried that 2 times...and that beat down last week brought back some bad memories. Anyone else wish we had Harbaugh for a head coach?

The most embarrassing thing about this board is your post.

:thumbsup:

yes wouldn't allow it...can't have it. NO WAY this aint fantasy football tells me how "serious" you are. And I love him as a player but that move was very amatuer.

The word is amateur, and that is what your spelling and thought process is. It isn't his girlfriends fault, or Nelson's fault for that matter that the Bill are back to being, well-The Bills, so get your polka dotted panties out of your butt and get over it. All the problems this franchise has had for a decade and a half and still has, and this is what people wanna B word about here? Must be one of those that sees no negatives with this team and makes excuses for every crappy player on this team.

When he scored, the Bills were down 21 - 6. We were losing. Looking at her, when David Nelson gave her the ball - he was the ONLY guy on the Bills who wasn't losing! What a beautiful woman!! Wow!! :worthy:

That is true, very true. He showed no disrespect towards the Cowboys in any way, and was showing his feeling towards his smoking hot girlfriend. If he had dropped to a knee and proposed it would have been all over CNN, and people on here would have thought it was great.

He gave the Cowboys bulletin board material during the game

Really? They needed bulletin board material? They were so much better than Buffalo on Sunday that it would not have made the least bit of difference what anyone on either side said or did. They were going to hand the Bills their asses anyway.