So where are the Fitz lovers now?

DreReed83

just because our defense blows doesn't mean we can't question whether or not he was worth the $60 mil contract.

if we have an average team (we do), what's the point in giving 6 years to a guy who we KNOW is not a franchise, top 10 type of QB? wouldn't it have made sense to CONFIRM we were a 10-11 win team who could make the playoffs, or win a game on the road, before dishing out that kind of money?

idk, i feel like this is so obvious to me it's ridiculous, but of course i'll give it 6 minutes before i'm destroyed by 10 posters telling me i hate the bills.

Thank YOU! why on every forum, if someone dares to question Fitz's ability or the contract, people start blaming other areas of the team?

I can easily counter that and say Fitz does have the LEADING NFL rusher through 10 weeks, but that's not the point, nor is the defense or WR. Lets talk about Fitz's ability, and frankly, even though we were playing great, it was obvious this guy is not anywhere near a top QB in the league and didn't deserve that contract.

He simply cannot make the big time throws, it is that simple to me, I watch alot of football and its so freakin obvious he is in the bottom 3rd of QB's. He was doing great in the early part of the year because of the SYSTEM! Now, defenses have a blueprint and the windows are getting smaller and the timing needs to be a lil quicker, and the guy cant produce, and has anyone seen him on the sidelines lately? Does he look anywhere near a confident QB? He looks lost, and I personally think he's a great person and I root my ass off for him, but i'm a realist, and what I see is a rattled, inconsistent, incapable of making tough top tier throws type of QB and we aint going nowhere with him, and if you respond about the WR or OL or D, your being ignorant, but for anyone that would like to have a serious discussion, I would love to hear your point of view on why I am wrong.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha. this is probably the worst post of the day. Let's take a quick look at how Dallas jumped out to a ligting fast 14-0 lead and then see how much of that had to do with Fitz. Don't worry, this won't take but a minute. Dallas receives the ball and marches down the field like a well oiled machine and passes all over the hopeless Bills. Fitz watches the game from the sidelines. So that must have been all Fitz's fault right? Okay, Bills get the ball and decide not to block or even attempt to block one of the best pass rushers in the game and Ware sacks fit'z for a huge loss and the drive never has a chance. Fitz should have stoned walled Ware and thrown an 80 yard td pass to johnson. Again, Fitz's fault for sure. Bills give the ball back to Dallas and again they make Buffalo look silly and score easily. Fitz's fault again right?

14-0 before the Bills even knew what hit them. Piss poor coaching and a Defense that looks like a bottom feeder. Pathetic!

Frustrating isnt it?

You can sit there and explain it over and over and the ones who are looking for that "guy" to blame will just sit there and ignore it and continue on with their crusade....

Dallas scored touchdowns on something like ITS FIRST FOUR DRIVES....they did not PUNT UNTIL THE THIRD QUARTER

When you get behind like that it limits the play calling severely......it was the same way with the Jets game except in that game the points didnt start going on the board until later in the game but the jets were just marching up and down the field.....chewing up the clock.

But hey....the witchhunt is on. The problem is obviously Fitz....so those of use that tell everyone that if our defense was doing its job Fitz would have more opportunities with the ball and score more points......blaming one player is so much easier and requires so little mental effort. Blame the leader of the team.

Frustrating isnt it?

You can sit there and explain it over and over and the ones who are looking for that "guy" to blame will just sit there and ignore it and continue on with their crusade....

Dallas scored touchdowns on something like ITS FIRST FOUR DRIVES....they did not PUNT UNTIL THE THIRD QUARTER

When you get behind like that it limits the play calling severely......it was the same way with the Jets game except in that game the points didnt start going on the board until later in the game but the jets were just marching up and down the field.....chewing up the clock.

But hey....the witchhunt is on. The problem is obviously Fitz....so those of use that tell everyone that if our defense was doing its job Fitz would have more opportunities with the ball and score more points......blaming one player is so much easier and requires so little mental effort. Blame the leader of the team.

Listen I totally agree that the Defense was terrible , and the 3rd down D was demoralizing,O line was sub par as well and its obvious the quick lead depletes your play call options, but we didn't give Fred a carry until the 3rd series, and again, none of this is Fitz's fault.

The point is that this thread was about Fitz, and I gave my opinion a few posts up , on his WHOLE body of work, and personally think he is barely an average QB and personally just dont see the guy winning my Bills a Super Bowl, let alone making the playoffs. But for some reason half of you are getting offended that we are questioning him, and your not even making any type of valid points in your defense.

I root my ass off for him, and would love to see him be successful for us for 6 years but as a realist, I just dont see that from what I seen of him on the field, he's just unable to make the big time throws, read my post a couple up for more detail, but just wanted to say that your post is just drenched in ignorance man.

Don't be hiding now. I've been saying that he's not our franchise QB and NEVER WAS. I feel sorry for the people in this forum that actually thought he was good enough to carry this franchise. Way to earn that contract Fitz !!!

So we give Fitz, a career backup QB the big contract but we're going to let a guy like Stevie Johnson walk?

F U Bills front office. F. U.

Johnson aint walkin and he aint that great either. Fitz is good just not great, he will be a good mentor to QB Ryan Tannehill.

When you don't have your fourth play on offense until you are down by 14 points, that kind of has an effect on a QB. The game plan changes. With that said... he didn't play horrible. I just think the Jets and the Boys figured the Bills offense out. Now, can Chan adjust?

When you don't have your fourth play on offense until you are down by 14 points, that kind of has an effect on a QB. The game plan changes. With that said... he didn't play horrible. I just think the Jets and the Boys figured the Bills offense out. Now, can Chan adjust?

I dont know why pople keep saying this..... down 14-0 in the 1st quarter with nearly 50 mins to play does NOT materially change your gameplan.

Fitz was not all of sudden forced to run crappy plays.

He is what he is, you can blame the defense all day and they deserve the blame. But Fitz is merely reverting back to his career avg #s which arent pretty

Don't be hiding now. I've been saying that he's not our franchise QB and NEVER WAS. I feel sorry for the people in this forum that actually thought he was good enough to carry this franchise. Way to earn that contract Fitz !!!

So we give Fitz, a career backup QB the big contract but we're going to let a guy like Stevie Johnson walk?

Are ytou nuts? Look at the first series of plays and you'll see how much time Fitz had to pass. The offensive line looked better early in the season, and I think they will look better as the season progresses, but the fact is we don't have a good enough offensive line or a good enough defensive line (including linebackers) to get deep into the playoffs.

I said it early and I'll say it again. We should expect nine wins from this team and I believe we are on track to get them. Did we SUCK against the cowboys? Yup...but that kind of thing happens. Character is getting back on track the next week.

I'm in the play calling crowd. I think that's the area of need for the biggest adjustment.

Chan needs to adjust his playcalling instead of trying to force the square peg into the round hole and make Fitzpatrick make throws that just aren't there.

He has to make FJ the focus of the attack instead of Fitzpatrick and his merry band of receivers.

If the defense is going to take your receivers away, you run FJ at them mercilessly.

And use Chandler, Chan. He can catch the ball.

As for the defense, time for Wannstedt. George Edwards has had his turn.

I believe what we have been seeing from Fitz the past couple of weeks is him trying to justify the contract. It happens. Players sign big contracts and then they just try too hard to justify them and they play poorly. I think he will settle back in and play some good football before the season is over. The Defense on the other hand? Not so sure what can be done about this bunch. Very worried going forward.

Fans having blind faith their teams is the reason why so many teams like the Bills are allowed to remain crappy for so many years.

What blind faith? know one expected them to win at all and you people are crying because they made improvements and are a better team than before!!! who would have thought that half way through the season they would be tied for first in this division? so sit back and enjoy the the fact they are rebuilding and actually have shown progress, instead of crying on here because they lost. If you have no faith then go root for some other team, oh yeah most teams in the league right now are struggling and have inconsistency problems, but apparentley you dont notice that. Go jump on some bandwagon team just go away and piss and moan somewhere else! Go BILLS SOME OF US DO HAVE FAITH!!! AND SOME WILL GRIPE ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

Edited by cjbill69

Yup, Fitz gave up four TDs on four possessions in the first half.

Not to mention, am I the only one that perceives a link between stepping down to our 3rd string LT/2nd string LG and decreased offensive productivity?

Yes, Fitz has been avoiding sacks, but to my eyes he's under more pressure, has less time to throw and also, FJ is not getting the run blocking he was.

Brady can't win if his defense gives up the ridiculous amount of scores they did before, so what makes you think Fitz will?

It's the DEFENSE.

I'm in the play calling crowd. I think that's the area of need for the biggest adjustment.

Chan needs to adjust his playcalling instead of trying to force the square peg into the round hole and make Fitzpatrick make throws that just aren't there.

He has to make FJ the focus of the attack instead of Fitzpatrick and his merry band of receivers.

If the defense is going to take your receivers away, you run FJ at them mercilessly.

And use Chandler, Chan. He can catch the ball.

As for the defense, time for Wannstedt. George Edwards has had his turn.

Agree. When we have had success, it is with plays that acknowledge the weakness of our OL and work to Fitz' strengths - which are fast decision making and an accurate short to mid passing game. Fitz is just not a bomber. That doesn't mean we can't be successful - but it requires Chan to step up and devise a game plan that coaches to our strengths.

We are trying game after game to "pass to set up the run". When teams take away the short to midrange stuff, we're stuffed because (rightfully) no one is scared of the Bill's long ball.

We watch our receivers miss so much we've forgotten what a really top quality wideout can do - how they hesitate to compensate for an underthrown ball or come back, or turn on a burner to haul in an overthrown ball, how they make spectacular catches our guys can't even sniff at.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Fitzbashing.

Brady can't win if his defense gives up the ridiculous amount of scores they did before, so what makes you think Fitz will?

It's the DEFENSE.

Ayup.

I missed the first quarter and part of the 2nd. When I tuned in and saw 21-0, I thought for sure Fitz had thrown several godawful picks, or we'd fumbled the kickoff or something.

Nope - just pure defensive incompetence.

Agree. When we have had success, it is with plays that acknowledge the weakness of our OL and work to Fitz' strengths - which are fast decision making and an accurate short to mid passing game. Fitz is just not a bomber. That doesn't mean we can't be successful - but it requires Chan to step up and devise a game plan that coaches to our strengths.

We are trying game after game to "pass to set up the run". When teams take away the short to midrange stuff, we're stuffed because (rightfully) no one is scared of the Bill's long ball.

We watch our receivers miss so much we've forgotten what a really top quality wideout can do - how they hesitate to compensate for an underthrown ball or come back, or turn on a burner to haul in an overthrown ball, how they make spectacular catches our guys can't even sniff at.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Fitzbashing.

Ayup.

I missed the first quarter and part of the 2nd. When I tuned in and saw 21-0, I thought for sure Fitz had thrown several godawful picks, or we'd fumbled the kickoff or something.

Nope - just pure defensive incompetence.

Billy Joe Fitzbart botched the first quarter too. His utter lack of preparation led to constant great field position for Dallas.