Williams seeking 2nd opinions, Kelsey hurt, Lindell "not good"

Chan: Kelsay could miss Sunday, Caussin promoted to 53-man, Aaron Williams returned to practice and released CB Wheatley

Chan on Lindell: Not good and will bring in some guys this week to kick. Make a decision tomorrow or Wednesday.

Chan on Kyle: Headed to see doctor in North Carolina and something will happen then one way or another

Why are we re-signing a TE? Can anyone recap what this guy looked like in training camp b4 we cut him?

Edited by Hopeful

Caussen made the team origianlly I beleive. He was released when we picked up Lee Smith. My guess is we want to be able to have a different type of goaline or short yardage package.

As for Williams and kelsey, It sucks but we have to mke due. One thing I like about this team is they don't use injuries as an excuse, its the next man up attitude

His foot problem was there and was the best kept secret of the season. Until the big check. He is a force and will be down the road but we need him now. Too bad. And if you score touchdowns you don't need a field goal kicker so lets Moorman kick extra points. You can drop kick those don't you know.

Caussen made the team origianlly I beleive. He was released when we picked up Lee Smith. My guess is we want to be able to have a different type of goaline or short yardage package.

As for Williams and kelsey, It sucks but we have to mke due. One thing I like about this team is they don't use injuries as an excuse, its the next man up attitude

Caussin was cut at the 53-man roster, well before we signed Lee Smith to the 53 man. He was re-signed to practice squad, I haven't followed what happened since then.

Any idea what his capabilities are? He should know our system, more or less.

We have no depth. That's why Kyle, Shawne, Roscoe, Kelsay & our CBs going down really hurts us. We are still a year away from being real contenders with REAL depth. Have faith fellas. Nobody thought we'd have 5 wins at the halfway mark.

We are real contenders now. 5-3 and tied for the AFC East lead at the halfway point. 4 games left against division opponents (two against the flaccid sea mammals). It is there for the taking.

The injury situation is not all that dire. The CB group is back to where we need it and the OL will improve too.

Kyle worries me, but you do what you can.

I wonder who's out there in FA land for kickers. That's a problem we haven't had to really think about.

From a quick look through KFFL free agent list and Wikipedia (in my order of preference):

1. Shayne Graham, 33, 12-12 for NE on FG last year, 2-2 in the playoff, 35-37 extra points

2. Jeff Reed, 32

3. Kris Brown, 34, 4-5 on FG last year with SD

4. Dave Rayner, 29, last cutdown of Dallas, good leg, inconsistent

I really liked the guy that they had in camp too and figure he is the most logical replacement.