McKelvin is bad

only saw Leodis really struggle one this season and that was against AJ GREEN and the keep is a nightmare to defend...and Some people say he struggled against Moore from the Raiders but if you watch that game Byrd and Wilson where out of position to make plays on the ball...

When people say Leodis sucks i say they dont know anything about the DB position other than INT....

Its how many times a guy is test during the game....Yards given you after the catch...Defended passes.... If you notice teams arent testing Leodis...but they go hard at Florence....

I'm pretty sure it's you that isn't noticing. Teams go after McKelvin early and often thoughout the game. Why? Because he gives up completions all over the field.

When he does knock one down he's doing his stupid "X" and acting like he's the sh-t.

<br />He had a bad game against the Raiders too. The simple fact of the matter is that teams always go after him when he's in there. Always.<br />
teams "go after him"? Teams throw at ALL of our CBs. This whole mckelvin bashing is getting annoying. He has good coverage skills and bad ball skills. McGee and Florence havent been any better than him this year. I think firing Edwards and getting a DC that can bring some heat and blitz more often would help mckelvin and the rest of the Dbs big time. No pressure = making the CBs look worse than they are. Mckelvin is terrible at playing off his man and borderline good playing press and up on his man. Pressure on the qb would really help his play. Maybin couldn't get any pressure for us, but now he get pressure routinely. Put mckelvin on the steelers or the packers and he might be an all pro. Just my opinion.

I think what happens with McKelvin is that he has excellent coverage skills -- but poor ball skills. So what happens is that the 1-2 plays that he gets out-muscled for the ball are somewhat magnified. There are so may plays I have seen where he winds up committing PI, where he probably could have had an INT if he had gone for the ball.

Also, since he has a reputation as a player with these poor ball skills, refs are less likely to give him the benefit of the doubt on PI calls. I honestly thought he played pretty well yesterday; the big PI call on him was clearly bogus. Actually, the guy that I have been least satisfied with this year has been Florence -- and sure enough, he seemed to be the guy (not Leodis) that the Jets zeroed in on yesterday.

It's pretty hard to cover 6'5 wr's in the NFL when they grab your neck and push your helmet down to no offensive pi call, and when you get your legs tripped up and called for pi on an otherwise uncatchable pass. Yes Mcgee was far worse than Mckelvin who outside of shoddy refs had a very solid game

Maybe we can do with him what they did with G. Wilson ?? We need speed at the WR spot so lets put Mckelvin in as a wr & see what he's got .

We already know he's got great speed & would be a shoe in to stretch the field , so why not ? Nothin ventured nothin gained right ?? You never know we might have the next A.J. Green on the team minus the height .

We know what he is like as a corner or DB so put him out there , if he does the same as George we will have 2 diamonds that they pulled out of the ruff .

Another thing is Buffalo has a way of turning people into good players at other positions look at J. Peters even though he's a back stabbing SOB !!!

He's the next guy to run out of town. Then it'll be Spiller. Then it'll be Merriman. (maybe switch em). Then Barnett is too old...always someone.

I don't know why the fans would want to replace anyone on this team. This team is perfect.

He's a total liability and should have been gone by now. Making a rare good play doesn't cut it.

+ 1

Bills will be drafting Db high again next year.

Watching McLuvin plan corner is like watching a kitten chasing around a ball of yarn: An awful lot of running around really fast, and then... nothing, it's all over.

Classic case of a guy with all the physical tools which doesn't always translate into success on the field. This guy was the best CB coming out of college when he was drafted. Plus he praised for his returnability on punts and kickoffs. For me, I see a guy who always seems to be a half step behind in coverage and pumps himself up when making routine plays. Not a bad player, just not worth where he was drafted.

:blink:

Hey your eyes are different sizes. Here is what I have noticed, when the other team is 3rd and long they almost always throw in his direction. They are all playing this kid since the Giants game. Bet Cowboys do the same thing this week.

McFumble has been terrible every since he lost the opener in New England with his boneheaded play two years ago. Someone else who has also been very bad lately, is Drayton Florence. Seems like when he has a really good game, he follows it up with about a half a dozen pathetic ones.

I fully agree with you on the Florence part, McKelvin is no delight to watch out there but, if someone could teach him the fundamentals on how to play for the ball the guy would be better than both McGee and Florence. If you watch closely, Revis is never really on an island by himself, they allow help over the top even for this guy. Which allows him to jam you at the line and play in your face football. But you seen SJ got pass him on a play and he couldn't recover, and he didn't have to because he had help over the top as he does at least 90percent of the time. A great pass rush would eliminate the need to said anyone of the DB's suck. McKelvin has the speed, he can semi-cover he just can't play the ball.. JMO

Don't even bother. People hate McKelvin. They don't view him fairly. He has played well the last few games but he is on most people's crap list.

Totally agree. And his athleticism has allowed him to become a good corner in the slot. I don't see any reason to push Williams back into the lineup when he comes back.

Hey your eyes are different sizes. Here is what I have noticed, when the other team is 3rd and long they almost always throw in his direction. They are all playing this kid since the Giants game. Bet Cowboys do the same thing this week.

Wasn't it Drayton getting abused all day? I remember Leodis breaking up the goaline pass on the Giants last drive, but don't recall him getting beat at all.