Did the Madden Curse strike?

Just Jack

Hillis was an alleged no-show at charity Halloween party

Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis(notes) has rushed for fewer yards this season (211) than Cowboys rookie DeMarco Muray had a single game (253) and he's missed more games (three) than he's been in the end zone (two). Since winning a fan vote to be put on the cover of "Madden 12," Hillis has engaged in public squabbles about his contract, missed a game because of strep throat, was accused of milking that illness for contract purposes and got married one day before saying he hopes he's not becoming a distraction. The last thing he needs is more bad publicity, but that's what he's getting this week in Cleveland after he allegedly blew off a Halloween party for 50 kids that he agreed to attend.

Chris Chase is just an awful writer but Hillis definitely is a jerk for skipping out on that. He better have a good reason. Of course Hillis has been acting like a tool all year so it's par for the course. He keeps taking advice form his brother/agent and it keeps costing him. I don't think Hillis has a whole lot going on upstairs.

Chris Chase is just an awful writer but Hillis definitely is a jerk for skipping out on that. He better have a good reason. Of course Hillis has been acting like a tool all year so it's par for the course. He keeps taking advice form his brother/agent and it keeps costing him. I don't think Hillis has a whole lot going on upstairs.

Appears that way. He definately had a great season last year, that being said, It appears the Madden Curse is alive and well. I just hope none of the Bills appear on next years edition.

Edited by mattsox

the curse is that I drafted him. He went down in flames just like Kenny Britt, Andre Johnson, LeGarrette Blount and everyone of the other duds on my team.

Hey - you stole my team - I had all of those dudes as well - thank God the Bills are doing well or Sundays would be miserable......

the curse is that I drafted him. He went down in flames just like Kenny Britt, Andre Johnson, LeGarrette Blount and everyone of the other duds on my team.

Ouch!

Sounds like your team this year is a voyage of the damned. It happens.

Maybe he did show up to the party and no one noticed becuase he had such an amazing costume on? It was a Halloween party after all

"Who's that big guy in the corner by himself?"

Maybe he heard the story about Julian Edelman and thought better of going.

Seriously, this guy had it going on just a few months ago. What a serious and dramatic downfall for Hillis. He's got an enormous amount of public rehab to do. There were rumors that he and his agent were trying for a contract in the area of $10 million/year.

Seems like he's getting lots of bad advice and/or simply making lots of bad decisions… or maybe his brain was permanently damaged by the epic, non-sustainable beating he took last year.

hillis wasn't that good to begin with i don't really get how he even got the cover. I remember watching him last year specifically at the game and he literally puts his head down and runs straight he's not good at all

Yeah. Mike Alstott was terrible like that too.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Yeah. Mike Alstott was terrible like that too.

The difference being that unlike power backs/collision runners of the past, Hillis' body might not hold up to the beating.

Early indications are not favorable.

There have been a lot of collision runners in NFL history… Alstott, Riggins, Earl Campbell, Csonka are some of the ones we remember. The ones that had 1-2 good seasons, not so much.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Last season, Hillis started on fire...then trailed off the rest of the season. I was shocked the people of the Madden world voted for him to be on the cover. Mostly, because Hillis is a virtual player, who has never started a full season and/or was starter material in the past.

+1 :lol:

I drafted Hillis and Andre Johnson too. I also have Rivers and Flacco as my QB's in that league. Needless to say, I'm 1-7 right now.

I also have Hillis and Johnson on my team. At least I have Fred Jackson to lift my fantasy point spirits. I targetted Blount but he was taken a few spots before my turn was up. Perhaps Hillis will finally heal up in a few more games and rectify his sour season and our fantasy seasons as well during our playoff runs. If Hillis fails, meh, I'll live with Freddy, MJD, Beanie and Ryan Mathews. With this curse goin on, Freddy better not be on the cover next year, or else CJ will be forced to have a Pro-Bowl season sans Fred Ex.

There's no Madden Curse, statistically it makes sense you get put on the cover of Madden at the peak of your popularity, generally most players go down from there it only makes sense.

As for Hillis, he's an RB. Serviceable ones are a dime a dozen. Who even heard of Demarco Murray besides his mom 3 weeks ago?