Dareus at NT

To start the game today, Dareus was officially listed at NT. During the game I saw him lined up at NT and at DE as well. By far, this was Dareus' best game as a pro, as he had 2.5 sacks in the game and 4 Tackles (2 solo, 2 assist). I'm not sure how many plays he was in at NT today, but he did an outstanding job. I'm also not sure if George Edwards has tried this so far this season, but once Kyle Williams is healthy, Edwards should rotate the NT, DT & DE spots between Williams & Dareus (if G. Edwards has tried this already, I apologize).

I'm really hoping that Kyle Williams can get his foot healed and be the terror that he was last year. It was very exciting seeing the Bills get constant pressure on the QB today and especially 9 sacks.

The man did a good job! I was worried about Williams being out, but the Dareus, Edwards, Johnson combo worked quite well. I'll be happy when K. Williams come back, but I am relieved to see Dareus playing this well as a rookie.

I was worried as well, but I was very happy with the front 3's performance today. Hopefully K. Williams can come back close to 100% this year.

The man did a good job! I was worried about Williams being out, but the Dareus, Edwards, Johnson combo worked quite well. I'll be happy when K. Williams come back, but I am relieved to see Dareus playing this well as a rookie.

I have never seen Williams dominate like Dareus did today. If Dareus continues to play as he did today I would keep him as the NT and move Williams to the end. Dareus looks better at the position and made everyone else look better as well.

I have never seen Williams dominate like Dareus did today.

The steelers game last year KW single handedly destroyed. It was more impressive than Dareus today.

PS Dareus is a total beast, cant wait till KW is back, but also Moats and Spencer J and Edwards all played well.

Man Dareus has the makings of a perennial all-pro. Honestly I don't think it matters in the least where we put him. I bet we could play him at left tackle and he would still dominate people.

Jeez, they looked incredible. On all of our blitzes, the Skins' receivers were still covered. Do we put Dareous in at NT from now on? He looked unstoppable.

Is Washington's line that bad or did we all of a sudden discover how to sack quarterbacks with a vengeance?

It's a combination of bad Skins o-line and the offensive regression of the entire league (due to the effects of the lockout finally being mitigated and neutralized). Therefore, I think we can expect solid play on defense with continued turnover efficiency. That said, we can probably also expect a certain degree of regression offensively - however, the end result should still be right around where it's been all year - the Bills winning games.

The steelers game last year KW single handedly destroyed. It was more impressive than Dareus today.

PS Dareus is a total beast, cant wait till KW is back, but also Moats and Spencer J and Edwards all played well.

Williams played great in the Pittsburgh game. As I said I have never seen Williams dominate like Dareus (a rookie) did today. Dareus made the whole line play better. By the way this is a great discussion to have. Gailey has the ingredients to create pressure on oppposing QB's. Though it does help that we were playing against a bad QB today.

Before the game I was concerned about lining without Merriman or Williams. My concern has been delayed for a week.

Edited by VADC Bills

I have never seen Williams dominate like Dareus did today. If Dareus continues to play as he did today I would keep him as the NT and move Williams to the end. Dareus looks better at the position and made everyone else look better as well.

Why wouldn't we just play 4-3... Dareus and Williams as DTs, Carrington/Johnson and Edwards at DEs and then Moats-Sheppard-Kelsay at LB. We have more issues w/ LBs than w/ DL at this point.

I have to say that I never understood the concept of 310lb DE and 300lb LBs,... it just doesn't make sense. There's no speed off the ends

Edited by cage

Kyle Williams game against the Steelers last year was rated the single best defensive game by any player by pro-football prospectus (The best game since they started keeping their metrics in 1997).

And that was against a very good center in Pouncy. Dareus had a beast game today don't want to take anything away from that. More so just giving props to Kyle last year.

Why wouldn't we just play 4-3... Dareus and Williams as DTs, Carrington/Johnson and Edwards at DEs and then Moats-Sheppard-Kelsay at LB. We have more issues w/ LBs than w/ DL at this point.

I have to say that I never understood the concept of 310lb DE and 300lb LBs,... it just doesn't make sense. There's no speed off the ends

No Barnett?

He's been our best LB so far... :blink: