Brady's achilles heel?

Thirdborn

The storyline "Tom Brady owns the Steelers"

All week long,this has been the lead in on the NFL channel. To me, it's yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah blah ... But tonight, they interviewed Rodney Harrison, and Willie McGinest,(both former team mates and This caught my attention. When asked " Why does Tom Brady own the Steelers?" Harrison jumped in and said " Coming at him with the outside linebackers isn't gonna work ... you have to push up the middle and ....... ( okay, we know this. Get in his face. but what i haven't heard before is) ........and force him to the left. Willie Mcgines looked a him, like Dude, WTF?

Get in his face and make him move opposite his throwing motion is EVERY players Achilles. You can stand in your living room and pretend to throw something moving to the right, then to the left- you'll notice when moving away from your throwing arm you have to open your whole body to be able to even attempt the motion, and will lack strength, and consistency that you see going the other way, as well as the quick release. It's a much more complicated process for both mind and body to execute well..

Edited by NoSaint

Get in his face and make him move opposite his throwing motion is EVERY players Achilles. You can stand in your living room and pretend to throw something moving to the right, then to the left- you'll notice when moving away from your throwing arm you have to open your whole body to be able to even attempt the motion, and will lack strength, and consistency that you see going the other way, as well as the quick release. It's a much more complicated process for both mind and body to execute well..

well thought out post. As, I am no where near an athelete, I missed the subtlety.

I don't think there's any big mystery to beating Brady. The Jets, Ravens and Giants all provided textbook examples in recent playoff games.

The problem is the Pats have a good OL so you need an outstanding front 7 to beat them and get to Brady. Few teams have the talent to do that, which is why NE is a lock for 11+ wins every year.

It's exactly why I always draft lefty QBs in Madden becauseany of my key money plays that require rolling out and hitting the out pattern require a left handed QB. Many of my throws to the right don't require me to roll out, I can just sit in the pocket. It's kind of corny to compare but it's true and very factual.

I don't think there's any big mystery to beating Brady. The Jets, Ravens and Giants all provided textbook examples in recent playoff games.

The problem is the Pats have a good OL so you need an outstanding front 7 to beat them and get to Brady. Few teams have the talent to do that, which is why NE is a lock for 11+ wins every year.

So it's not Brady, per se, but his line?

So it's not Brady, per se, but his line?

It's both. Obviously Brady has a great release, is very accurate and is an excellent decision maker. But it's his line that keeps him from ever getting touched when he play the Bills or half the other teams in the leauge.

To add on to what No Saint said above,

It's always easier for a right-handed QB to throw when moving to his right than when he's moving to his left…

However if the QB is standing stationary, throwing to the right requires an adjustment in foot placement to ensure proper form… shifting your weight through the hips. When throwing stationary to the right, the QB actually has to turn to the right with his feet (close his stance) to ensure good technique or else his stance is too open.

When standing stationary and throwing to the left, it's easier for a QB to shift weight through the hips because turning your body (while throwing to the left) is more natural in that direction… he doesn't have to close his stance before throwing.

It's exactly why I always draft lefty QBs in Madden becauseany of my key money plays that require rolling out and hitting the out pattern require a left handed QB. Many of my throws to the right don't require me to roll out, I can just sit in the pocket. It's kind of corny to compare but it's true and very factual.

If you are joking this is a funny post. If you are serious this is a hilarious post. :thumbsup:

One Note: There is only one QB in the NFL that actually goes against this line of thinking right now and that's Big Ben. He actually excels (and has since he was a rookie) at escaping to his left and throwing on the run. Mainly because his arm is that strong on its own and his receivers being well versed in the Big Ben scramble drill...

I thought his Achilles heel would be Michael jasper crushing his surgically reconstructed knee

I wish they would play the big guy. If only he was a smart player he might work out. I don't hope to see Brady get hurt, but I sure would shout for joy to see him repeatedly sacked!