Bills vs Redskins betting line

Estro

I actually thought the Bills would be closer to 6.5 point favorites, a little surprised to see them at -5. I like the Bills by a comfortable margin this week. I also suspect the defense will get back on track with a few take aways and by tightening up in the redzone and forcing FG's rather than Td's. The extra week of preparation coupled with the Redskins injuries helps the bills out a lot.

Bills 23-13. Steve Johnson has a big day.

I actually thought the Bills would be closer to 6.5 point favorites, a little surprised to see them at -5. I like the Bills by a comfortable margin this week. I also suspect the defense will get back on track with a few take aways and by tightening up in the redzone and forcing FG's rather than Td's. The extra week of preparation coupled with the Redskins injuries helps the bills out a lot.

I kind of think we are who we are on defense. Sometimes we will get those big turnovers, but with the lack of pass rush we can't count on it.

I also think we will win this game comfortably but we shouldn't expect to blow anyone out when we can't shut teams down defensively.

Coming off the bye, we will be ready but expect most games to go down to the wire (like the last five games).

Go Bills !!!!

They may have taken away the 3 point home field advantage, or at least part of it, because of being in Toronto.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I kind of think we are who we are on defense. Sometimes we will get those big turnovers, but with the lack of pass rush we can't count on it.

I also think we will win this game comfortably but we shouldn't expect to blow anyone out when we can't shut teams down defensively.

Coming off the bye, we will be ready but expect most games to go down to the wire (like the last five games).

Go Bills !!!!

I agree. Unless we make drastic changes on D during the bye-week, every game will probably end up being close. Makes Sunday's fun I suppose.

At Buffalo (Toronto) -4.5 Washington 46

a two game losing streak for the Skins.

The Beck - Gross man controversy is alive again. Did anyone notice how Gross Man had the flu and didn't suit up for the game at the last minute. Shananigans ...... ??????

The Bills will face a decent Defense. The offense of the Skins is score 19.3 ppg - 28, 22, 16, 10, 13 and 20 (Beck) in order.

Bills 27 Skins 17

i think we are still the favorites in this game. Washington has a new unproven qb, significant injuries and coming off a rather embarrassing loss. On the other hand the Jets seem to be getting it all together. Prediction:..relatively easy win against the skins, dogfight against the jets.

If we can't beat John Beck and the gang, and do it convincingly, we have no business thinking about playoffs.

This is true, although I'll remove the word "convincingly". Style points don't matter. Just win the game....and win for once in Toronto for godssake. Washington will not lay down and they have a pretty solid D. Newton shredded them with some nifty running. If the Bills give up 400+ yds on D to Beck & Co. they should be embarrassed.

This is true, although I'll remove the word "convincingly". Style points don't matter. Just win the game....and win for once in Toronto for godssake. Washington will not lay down and they have a pretty solid D. Newton shredded them with some nifty running. If the Bills give up 400+ yds on D to Beck & Co. they should be embarrassed.

I agree zow. By convincing, I meant a win where we don't give up a bazillion yards like we have so far this season.

I'd like to see a game where the Bills lead from start to finish, and the anxiety of Bills nation stays fairly low so we can all have a relaxing gameday Sunday afternoon for a change. :D

At Buffalo (Toronto) -4.5 Washington 46

a two game losing streak for the Skins.

The Beck - Gross man controversy is alive again. Did anyone notice how Gross Man had the flu and didn't suit up for the game at the last minute. Shananigans ...... ??????

The Bills will face a decent Defense. The offense of the Skins is score 19.3 ppg - 28, 22, 16, 10, 13 and 20 (Beck) in order.

Bills 27 Skins 17

Love the breakdown. I totally agree with your analysis!

Biggest payoffs of two week preparation:

Offense--getting Spiller more acclimated with his new role as receiver. I thought he worked really well in this capacity given limited prep time prior to Giants game. I expect to see some funky stuff with him out wide/in the slot. But even funk-free, he proved reliable against the GMen, and certainly has the ability to alleviate the pressing "need" that's been created @ receiver thanks to injuries.

I also think Fitz and co. will spend a lot of [extra] time working on the sideline pass which continues to be Ryan's Achilles heel. He's proven he can make the short and mid range timing, come back and touch throws. He's gotta find a way to get with his receivers on the 20-45 yard passes down the sidelines. Cost us 14 points against the Giants and undoubtedly a win. This is a skills and confidence issue--the latter I feel our team's ironclad camaraderie will help with, the former is just a matter of repetitions, the likes of which I'm willing to bet he put in during the bye week.

Defense--I keep hearing we have "no pass rush." This simply isn't true. We have no SACKS. We're doing a fine job of making QB's make plays under pressure, we just happened to have faced back to back quarterbacks who handled that pressure exceedingly well. I rewatched the Giants game and took note of this. There was even one of those "hurried, knocked down, sacked" graphics that confirmed what I was seeing. Eli had a particularly good outing against us. And since he's an agreed upon top 10 QB, and a vet to boot, only the best of the best can hope to shake him with consistency.

I've argued for a while now that our defense isn't THAT BAD. I'll conceded that they're not "elite," nor the competitive engine compelling our team to victory (don't have to be when your team scores 31 ppg (good for second in the league until the Saints hung 62 last night-->GOOD GOD!)

Anyhow, after two weeks of prep, my hope is that we've implemented tweaks and/or improved at finishing the pass rush and sealing the deal with an actual sack or two. John Beck should help in this department since Michael Vick and Eli Manning he most certainly is not. In fact, to date, he's BY FAR the worst quarterback we'll have faced this season.

Barring undisciplined boneheadery or dumb, bad luck, I don't see The Bills losing this one.

If it were in the Ralph - probably an 8 point spread. I do not think this is a gimme by any stretch, however, we should beat them, maybe not covering the spread though.

Interesting tidbits I picked up recently as you ponder the gambling aspect of this game.

Over the last decade, the Bills are one of the top 3 teams in the NFL covering the spread coming off a bye week. While the Bills are 5-5 straight up, they have covered the spread for 10 straight years coming off a bye.

Feel good about that?

Don't.

With the addition of one extra day off for players on a bye week -- bringing them to four straight days off during a bye -- teams coming off a bye this year are 3-9, virtually a complete reversal from previous years. The three winners were Ravens, Chiefs and Broncos. Nine losers include Browns, Cowboys, Dolphins, Rams, Redskins, Cardinals, Chargers, Seahawks, Titans.

Total fail is we loose. The Redskins lack a good QB regardless of who starts, and Beck is the worst of the two. Also, WR Moss is injured and will not play. Tim Hightower is also out. If we can't win playing against a team with a backup QB (both of them are backup caliber) and w/o their only real receiving threat, Edwards should be fired on the spot. They do have a good defense, but we should still be able to score 20+ points, putting the onus on the D to actually shut a team down for once. (KC does not count!)

Bills 21, Washington: 10.

Interesting tidbits I picked up recently as you ponder the gambling aspect of this game.

Over the last decade, the Bills are one of the top 3 teams in the NFL covering the spread coming off a bye week. While the Bills are 5-5 straight up, they have covered the spread for 10 straight years coming off a bye.

Feel good about that?

Don't.

With the addition of one extra day off for players on a bye week -- bringing them to four straight days off during a bye -- teams coming off a bye this year are 3-9, virtually a complete reversal from previous years. The three winners were Ravens, Chiefs and Broncos. Nine losers include Browns, Cowboys, Dolphins, Rams, Redskins, Cardinals, Chargers, Seahawks, Titans.

The combined record of those nine losers: 19-35

Only the Chargers have a winning record (4-2). And those four wins came over KC (3-3), Miami (0-6), Minnesota (1-6) and Denver (2-4).

I like our chances.