Using the Lambeau Blueprint to improve the Ralph

Got_Wood

I posted this a year or two ago as well, but thought the timing was good to post this again:

Go the route of the Packers when they upgraded Lambeau Field. Take the existing stadium, and make it a place where people visit in the offseason. Make it a theme park / museum of sorts. A statue of Curly Lambeau and Vince Lombardi stand outside the stadium like ghosts as visitors frequent the stadium year round. The stadium tours, Packers team gear stores, restaurants, and bars in the new Field House attached to the stadium make it a place you can bring your family for a day of fun. This would increase the revenue the stadium brings in by a big number.

Quote from Lambeau Field website:

"Revenue generated from the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame, Curly's Pub, the Atrium eateries and other restaurants, the stadium club and special events, as well as other Atrium businesses is essential to the Packers' long-term survival. In just the first year, with only the new Pro Shop open and several gate sponsorships sold, the Packers' NFL revenue ranking for the fiscal year 2002-03 jumped to 10th, up from 20th the prior year."

Here is a visual of how Lambeau changed, and also how the Ralph might change as well:

The New Lambeau

The New Ralph

Larger view of new Ralph: Here

Edited by Got_Wood

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears in your rendering, that you have suites replacing one upper deck or both upper decks. Who is your target audience? Next time you watch a Bills home game, notice all the empty red club level seats. Also notice in the one end zone where they now have advertising over several of the dugout suites which are clearly unoccupied.

PS I love the idea of stadium tours and a Bills HoF(not sure how a bar/restaurant would do there other than 8 Sundays a year), but I have a feeling these ideas would not get a thumbs up from the 3 headed monster at OBD.

I posted this a year or two ago as well, but thought the timing was good to post this again:

Go the route of the Packers when they upgraded Lambeau Field. Take the existing stadium, and make it a place where people visit in the offseason. Make it a theme park / museum of sorts. A statue of Curly Lambeau and Vince Lombardi stand outside the stadium like ghosts as visitors frequent the stadium year round. The stadium tours, Packers team gear stores, restaurants, and bars in the new Field House attached to the stadium make it a place you can bring your family for a day of fun. This would increase the revenue the stadium brings in by a big number.

"Revenue generated from the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame, Curly's Pub, the Atrium eateries and other restaurants, the stadium club and special events, as well as other Atrium businesses is essential to the Packers' long-term survival. In just the first year, with only the new Pro Shop open and several gate sponsorships sold, the Packers' NFL revenue ranking for the fiscal year 2002-03 jumped to 10th, up from 20th the prior year."

Here is a visual of how Lambeau changed, and also how the Ralph might change as well:

The New Lambeau

The New Ralph

i have thought the same thing for quite sometime now. the ralph , scene of the "THE GREATEST COMBACK", where O J ran, the 4 in a row super bowl teams of the 90's played, does have some history. lambeau, scene of the "ICE BOWL" has its legacy for sure, but not so sure how much it has on the ralph in terms of historical significance. the packers of the lombardi era are romanticed, but to me, not that much different than the bills, championships aside. i say do it!

Go the route of the Packers when they upgraded Lambeau Field.

The only problem for the stadium in Buffalo is the above sentence.

lambeau, scene of the "ICE BOWL" has its legacy for sure, but not so sure how much it has on the ralph in terms of historical significance. the packers of the lombardi era are romanticed, but to me, not that much different than the bills, championships aside. i say do it!

huh?

Edited by Mr. WEO

The New Lambeau

The New Ralph

Agreed, It's a no-Brainer.

Our own Scott Radecic is the head architect on the project.

Get the information over to him.

http://portfolio.populous.com/people/radecic_scott.html

The New Lambeau

The New Ralph

Will it have a OJ section? Or OJ statue?

The only problem for the stadium in Buffalo is the above sentence.

huh?

huh???, i am referring to the historical significance of the stadium!, not the won-lost record or amount of actual championships won. the packers won at dallas, at ny in the sixties to capture the championship, if you want to nitpick , in addition to winning at lambeau in the ice bowl. my point is that lambeau is revered beyond belief .

Edited by dwight in philly

It appears in your rendering, that you have suites replacing one upper deck or both upper decks. Who is your target audience? Next time you watch a Bills home game, notice all the empty red club level seats. Also notice in the one end zone where they now have advertising over several of the dugout suites which are clearly unoccupied.

PS I love the idea of stadium tours and a Bills HoF(not sure how a bar/restaurant would do there other than 8 Sundays a year), but I have a feeling these ideas would not get a thumbs up from the 3 headed monster at OBD.

You know what, you're right. I corrected the photo with the 300 section intact on one side of the stadium. It was an older version I hadn't updated. Fans brought up this same point when I did this last time.

See HERE

huh???, i am referring to the historical significance of the stadium!, not the won-lost record or amount of actual championships won. the packers won at dallas, at ny in the sixties to capture the championship, if you want to nitpick , in addition to winning at lambeau in the ice bowl. my point is that lambeau is revered beyond belief .

It is revered because......it's the home of the Green Bay Packers--one of the most revered teams in the League. And it's one of the oldest stadiums and considered by many to be the cradle of modern popular football--due the historical success of the Packers.

Does "Ralph Wilson Stadium" sound anything like that?

How difficult would it be to cover RWS? Not necessarily with a rigid dome but at least a canopy to keep the wind and snow out?

PTR

why the need to keep the wind and snow out! it is part of the "deal" in playing in buffalo! they do not complain in green bay about it, why should we??? in addition, just go to that sh-tty stadium in toronto once a year if you have to stay "out of the elements"!

It is revered because......it's the home of the Green Bay Packers--one of the most revered teams in the League. And it's one of the oldest stadiums and considered by many to be the cradle of modern popular football--due the historical success of the Packers.

Does "Ralph Wilson Stadium" sound anything like that?

quite frankly, IT DOES!, not to the extent of the point you are trying to make, but i think it does in its own way.

Go to Lambeau sometime. I love the Bills as much as I love my immediate family members, but... just go to Lambeau, trust me.

And I think I know why you have a problem with the Packers- publicly owned... Not one billionaire earning tens of million dollars a year... smells like Communism to me. I bet ya Obama is behind this somehow. The Packers are preventing jobs from trickling down from the private sector!

Go to Lambeau sometime. I love the Bills as much as I love my immediate family members, but... just go to Lambeau, trust me.

And I think I know why you have a problem with the Packers- publicly owned... Not one billionaire earning tens of million dollars a year... smells like Communism to me. I bet ya Obama is behind this somehow. The Packers are preventing jobs from trickling down from the private sector!

huh??? not really metzelaars, i just feel the ralph is worth keeping and nary a thought given to any political agenda, surprisingly!i wish the bills could be publicly owned, i really dont give a sh-t about politics as far as the bills are concerned.

I remember seeing this a few years ago ,and I like the conceptual design, especially by adding brick to make it have a solid, retro look. They did that with Camden Yards and PETCO Park and it has the nostalgia of old time sports. However I doubt they move the field house next to the stadium. That would exceed the amount of money they are talking about spending and I believe they are happy with that where it is.

How much did Green Bay spend on their overhaul?

I know KC spent about $300 million.

Why not go all in and really make it nice?